Discussion Scene Editor Making terrain impassable in world map scene?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all!

I am loving the scene editor, and it has really opened the creative floodgates for me, especially in regards to the world map. Most of the logic makes sense after some trial and error, but one thing that I am completely stuck on is how to prevent the player from pathing through areas. I know it is not related to entity physics, since those are just bounding boxes for mousing over settlements. I also looked in the navmesh, and there was nothing of note there either, since there were webs of nav tris going between impassable areas. I even tried looking into the terrain, since I thought that it could be tied to a texture or material paint sort of thing like Men of War's GEM editor, but nothing there either. So, if anyone has any word about this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Party movement data is fetched from the navigation mesh of the scene. If you open the navigation mesh in the World Map and select the face mode, you will see different colorings for the navigation mesh faces belonging into different terrain types. These colorings are tied into navigation mesh face ID's and they are mapped into different terrain types. Some of them are passable and some of them are not. Currently, this information is not moddable but it may change in the future.
Non passable navigation mesh ID's and their terrain types:
* Mountain - 7
* Lake - 8
* Water - 10
* River - 11
* Canyon - 13
* Rural area - 14
Hope this is helpful. Happy modding :smile:

Ah, damn :sad: well thank you very much anyway for responding!
I think you're misinterpreting the answer. Terrain types are not moddable in the sense that we can't currently create new types of terrain. You definitely can create a navmesh for your world and decide which faces allow or deny passage. You can even add additional movement costs to individual faces for rough ground or swamps. Take a look at the Navmesh section of this document

Back
Top Bottom