Making shields move like Warband.

Users who are viewing this thread

The way we have to unclick click again to move the shield to block in a different direction feels a bit awkward. What do people think about keeping directional blocking but the shield moves with your mouse again?

If you asking about opinions.
Well for me, I like the direction blocking for shields.
Instead of me just holding right click and blocking everything that is front of me.
Moving my shield where the arrows are coming or the sword is moving feels way better.
If i mistakenly move my shield the wrong direction, There is actually a chance for the player or the AI to land a good stab in.
Very good for duels and full invasions and the combat in general.
Seeing duels with shield spam is weird till now.

If you asking about opinions.
Well for me, I like the direction blocking for shields.
Instead of me just holding right click and blocking everything that is front of me.
Moving my shield where the arrows are coming or the sword is moving feels way better.
If i mistakenly move my shield the wrong direction, There is actually a chance for the player or the AI to land a good stab in.
Very good for duels and full invasions and the combat in general.
Seeing duels with shield spam is weird till now.
That is not what he is saying. Keep the directional blocking. But if you hold block the direction ist looked in. I would be nice for an option that changes the block direction even if you hold the block.
So holding the block button and looking right blocks right. If you keep holding the button and look left you block left.

In the current system you have to release block, change direction and press block again.

Maybe just remove "top" direction, and give warband-alike shield move from down to top.

So you will have 3 direction for blocking, instead of 4:

- Left Block
- Right Block
- Mid Block

And in all three block direction, you will adjust the height same as how it was in Warband.

That is not what he is saying. Keep the directional blocking. But if you hold block the direction ist looked in. I would be nice for an option that changes the block direction even if you hold the block.
So holding the block button and looking right blocks right. If you keep holding the button and look left you block left.

In the current system you have to release block, change direction and press block again.
Ohhh alrightt

I like the new blocking system. It feels way better to be honest and less akward. Now you actually have to hold your shield right to prevent incoming damage. I needed some time to adapt but it feels amazing now.

I agree that they should maybe make it an option to lock the shieldblock poisiton but overall i think they should keep it.

I like the new blocking system. It feels way better to be honest and less akward. Now you actually have to hold your shield right to prevent incoming damage. I needed some time to adapt but it feels amazing now.

I agree that they should maybe make it an option to lock the shieldblock poisiton but overall i think they should keep it.
The OP isn't suggesting a removal of directional shield blocks, he's saying the block direction should change if you move the mouse even if you hold down the block button.

I'm not sure, I've gotten used to releasing and clicking again already, and there is a potential downside if you need to change the way you're facing but still needs to block the other way.

On the other hand it might make combat more fluid, maybe also do the same change for attacks, so that you only need to move the mouse to feint.

But wouldn't this change limit your movement options? You wouldn't be able to have the shield facing one direction and character looking in another.

Back
Top Bottom