Making Money in PoP

Users who are viewing this thread

omegaweapon said:
personally i double the tournament bet, i double renown gain, i set my xp to 10X (and 2x maximum xp gain from battles) ,  hmm i increased honor gain from freeing lords, to its initial value. decreased cool down for quests, i guess that's it.
generally my game would be faster, and in my view more enjoyable :smile:. when i want to do errands i use teleport, like selling stuffs or giving the next construction order for my towns. when i want to find a unique spawn i will remove fog of war, and use teleport.

in this way in day 50 i had 6000 renown, i was lvl 47, destroyed 7 unique spwan and 3 important armies (2 of them was snake cult hero with 1000 army and noldor hero.)

Lol wow I've only attacked Warlord zakur (60 days in)(because jatu are lame and killing caravans to much :razz:) and the only other unique is the ilithandar guy but he has a 2k army (only way I'll attack him is if he grows insanely large and I am forced to put him down) since I set some of the spawns to be bigger, mainly because I don't want noldor woman being kidnapped and forced to be sex slaves. Mainly because it disgusts me that they worded that some noldor woman become sex slaves when they are captured.. (lore wise)

I'll admit I've edited my game more than you but you are definitely cheating to rapidly and giving the computer ai no room to make it enjoyable for you, you may get a lil bit but I enjoy watching the wars the men of pendor have, even though I have wiped out Sarleon because they are a fail kingdom in my mind, and I hate most of their lords. Pretty much because the knight of lion armor is ugly in my mind and I don't want it corrupting my glorious battles and their banners suck.

You could download morghs editor and make blunt weapons more op then give a soldier type you like those blunt weapons and take everything prisoner, and sell them. You are welcome cheaters of the world. *cough* (just import saves so much time) *cough*

I suppose you also
use the cheatmenu to cause all of the lords to fall out with their liege causing a mass secession and territory rearrangement?

It's fun to cheat sometimes to check things out about the game without having to slowly work towards them, but I can't ever spend hours at a time playing a cheat campaign like I can with a legit high-difficulty game.

well in this 50 days there was no bandit, roam, no armies, no noldor parties, i killed all of them as soon as they spawn since i wanted to get loot and exp. i was young and reckless. alas it had its consequences
finally i settled and started my kingdom (and i stopped using teleport and "ctrl T" since it was not fair to use them when i have a base) and here's my status.
all armies stopped to spawn, since in my ignorance i destroyed all lesser factions, except heretics (witch don't have a gem hero). its day 120 (70 day after that 50 day :razz:) and only 1 hero army spawned (ursala). and 3 heretic armies

omegaweapon said:
well in this 50 days there was no bandit, roam, no armies, no noldor parties, i killed all of them as soon as they spawn since i wanted to get loot and exp. i was young and reckless. alas it had its consequences
finally i settled and started my kingdom (and i stopped using teleport and "ctrl T" since it was not fair to use them when i have a base) and here's my status.
all armies stopped to spawn, since in my ignorance i destroyed all lesser factions, except heretics (witch don't have a gem hero). its day 120 (70 day after that 50 day :razz:) and only 1 hero army spawned (ursala). and 3 heretic armies
Where is the fun in that?  :???:

Well you still have the lords to play with but tru dat. If anything I'd get rid of the heretics because I dislike them and also the red brotherhood because I am against slavery, I don't even sell prisoners....  :neutral:

damnimbored25 said:
omegaweapon said:
Where is the fun in that?  :???:
i like to have action, so i was in constant battle (i was medic so my soldiers was always healthy) in first 50 days, i was teleporting right in front of my targets and when i clicked on them battle start right away. when last one eliminated, i moved to the next target, however from time to time i forced to wait in a city for a day, so armies spawn again. now where is the fun in moving around, chasing a target for a quarter of the day? (at the end you reach him, now you spended a few days chasing some targets, i don't think it make your game harder.) it is fair for a faction army to flee since his friend will come and help him, so i won't use teleport for them but why should i waste time chasing a jatu troops? (when i have no means to garrison units i have no choice). i could flee from any party since i had max pathfinder. so don't tell me you could ambushed.
however this is my preference, i didn't used any game breaking or unfair cheats (in my view) my game was simply faster.

@ AnddyiRaynor: i tempered with armor protection once, and it become a complete different game, its one of the game breaking cheats that i don't like to use, i must say armor protection and weapon damage is completely fair, and balanced. if i change them i don't play pop anymore.
btw if you want to use a cheat use it like a man :razz: change two handed ruby sword damage to blunt and increase it to 200. find a armor that no troops use and increase its value to 200, now walk and kill everyone. (well maybe not the armor :razz:).

I think you misunderstand what man means.

If I were to do that I would use the most commonly used item so that it was fairer. Besides I have no need for prisoners as I don't sell them. Indeed the only spawns I wipe from the map as soon as I can are the red brotherhood/ snake cult/ heretics. I also enjoy the good laugh when assassins try to kill me since I am always -100 with the red brotherhood. I make the noldor stronger so that I get to watch them own the empire/ what is left of Sarleon and take them back to their city and make them into slaves like it should be.
Also just so you know str is editable and you can increase those stats above 1000, agi is really gay because you move so fast.

Epicrules said:
:roll: You people are hopeless. If you're using cheats to play Prophesy of Pendor, you're not playing Prophesy of Pendor. It's as simple as that.

I know but there's no forums for what I play and I can sometimes help people/peons with their questions so I stop by here every so often to watch the non- occultists go on about their day, unaware of what is really happening in Pendora or Prophesy of Pendora. (my version, as you so kindly pointed out)

Epicrules said:
:roll: You people are hopeless. If you're using cheats to play Prophesy of Pendor, you're not playing Prophesy of Pendor. It's as simple as that.

there are cheats, and there are CHEATS, for example if i get double renown for a single battle (you can get max 51 i can get max 101) you simply must defeat two army to get that renown, if i teleport somewhere, you must move there, if you free a lord and get 1 honor, i free a lord and get 2 honor, however all of this end when battle start. i didn't make my game easier, i make it faster, actually fighting non stop is harder than fighting when you and your units have recovered.
as i stated above, when there is not a real faction, who work together it dose not matter if you chase them or teleport right beside them. in the end you face exactly the same thing. its not true for a kingdom so i don't use teleport when i am in war with another faction.

some function are missing from warband. for example did you ever see a king who carry his loot? kings send a small forces with loots to their treasury, i invented the same thing. whenever a battle finish i teleport to my town, sell stuff and slaves, then garrison 40 of my soldier then teleport back right where i was. and i won't take that 40 garrisoned soldier until i manually moved there. i do this when i am in war with another faction. however i only sell stuff i don't buy food, armor or weapons.

you may enjoy moving around with all the loots, i don't.

Why make excuses, just role play how you want to. You say cheating I say sure.  :razz: Besides this thread has divulged into nothing but talking about cheating, I don't think he has gotten the answer he really wants, although if he has enough time to check the thread he could use the search function or look further down in the list of recent threads and surely he would find the answers.

If not he can dial 1-800-Occultz and I am sure he will find the answer most rewarding.  :twisted:

its not excuses, its how i think. when i use cheats i think about their impact in the game world, if i reach a conclusion that it dose not break the game, or give me upper hand in anything, then i use it.

As long as you don´t try to missionar anyone else to doing the same, it´s toally fine. It´s your gaming experience you alter. However, you do it at your own risk.

Anything strange casued by you meddling with the occult like, say 1250 head strong bandit parties because you raised your characters level too early too high shan´t even be considered worthy of the Epic Fail Vaseline Alley thread but a proper deterrent to the rightous.

If a cheat gives you the upper hand in anything, it clearly breaks the game. It´s the nature of cheating anywhere - you break the rules. PoP´s not that imbalanced or bug infested that you´d need them anyways and if you want a tough game,  just go independent and declare war on all five nations at once.

Yeah that's why you keep your lvl under 50, which isn't that hard considering the exp you need to get higher. Even so you could just spawn a 1k army of elite troops with the trigger I have so  :roll:

hmm you know that even if i didn't use 5x xp my lvl would be like 45 since exp needed for lvl up raise exponentially, i have 7milion xp and next lvl need 8 million. next lvl need 9.5 milion. you see the patern right? increasing xp gain to 5x just speed up early level's after that it dose not really matter.
just to let you know the lvl limit is 62 and to reach lvl 62 you need 640milion xp , totally impossible even with 100x xp its not possible to reach that.

warning : lvling up past lvl 62 with high volume speaker isn't recommended for heart deceases, children and pregnant women.

I cheat my money for PoP. Always have. I don't see how I can enjoy the game if I don't. About the only way I can see that you wouldn't have to cheat is starting your own kingdom and keeping everything for yourself. Probably PoP's only draw back in my opinion.

Just run trade routes forever and never do any of the 'fun' stuff
I know right? Nevermind how mind numbingly tedious and boring that is...

Just run tourneys!
Praise be to Odin you actually get good money for winning tournies (intentionally spelling it wrong) compared to native. And sometimes a sweet bonus item too. But tourn-ees always decrease in winnings and are not enough.

Just use crappy cheap troops!
...yea that works... /yawn wish I could roll at least 20 hero adventurers though without going broke in a month.

You do know you can garrison troops and reduce their upkeep costs?
Yep. Except I've been lurking around here for a year+ and have searched for tips on gold management before. One of the tips is to garrison crappy cheap units ONLY and avoid higher tier troops and upgrading low tier troops.

Just use an editor to change wages and junk in sich!
A great solution! Except, the number of steps it takes me to edit that char.txt file and just give myself money is less than doing it the editor way.

omg that is lazy
Hey shut up! Geez... One time I did make food last longer cus 7 rows of food vanishes in days with a big army, and buying more constantly got super annoying. See, not thaaat lazy. u_u

Yea I get how some people can't enjoy games unless they feel like their being punished for it at the same time, but I'm not one. Truth be told, if I didn't cheat myself gold, I probably wouldn't play PoP. It's one of the biggest pita-es in PoP. No offense to the devs. I know they try to pass the mod off as "Only for hardcore players", but your audience is broader than that small niche of gamers. Honestly, the only thing 'hardcore' about it is being broke all the time.
Bottom line though, requesting the mod's devs to whip up some in-genius new way to make money on top of all they're already doing seems kinda jerk-ish to me personally when I can still have fun with the mod without it. Something like the OP mentioned would be nice, but it seems like it would be a long time before something like that were implemented in PoP. And the die hard hardcore fans probably wouldn't let it happen to begin with. Near impossible to make everyone happy.

So... I guess this post was pointless then. Well... maybe all this typing increased my finger dexterity, so that's nice. Have fun!

For making money - if you're a mercenary, don't you get paid roughly double your troops' wages?

So, the more hero adventurers you bring along with you, the more money you'll make! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom