Making Money in PoP

Users who are viewing this thread

galacticz

Recruit
Hey all,

I am thinking of picking up PoP again, along side of my Floris game. I remember having a blast in PoP, but I also remember there was no true way to achieve a sustainable income.

In Floris, you have the genius Landowning feature, which allows you to invest large amounts to get a sizable return on your investment every two weeks. This is a reasonable way to attain a treasury and sustain it. However, I only remember PoP having enterprises, which although helpful, yield a small amount of profit and can be totally cancelled out if you end up at war with the opposing faction.

And In a game like PoP, you need LARGE garrisons and very large armies to survive.. So without cheating, how does one make a dependable income in this game?

*Side note: Does PoP have Diplomacy? If not, can I add it in some how?

Enterprises can yield around 450-600 per dyeworks that you build in each city. If I recall correctly there are 17 cities right? 3 Fiernd, 4 D'Shar, 4 Raven, 3 Empire, 3 Sarleon.

Even if all of them were at the minimum, 450, that's still 7650 denars per week from enterprises alone. That's not counting your income from the castles/towns/villages you own. As for your garrisons, if you're trying to use all elite units then you're doing it wrong. You typically want to load your garrisons up with a buttload of tier 1 and tier 2 units just to bulk up the numbers at little cost while carrying your elite units around with you. Also avoid putting calvalry in your garrisons as they still have the extra cost for using a horse but none of the gains, as such its a complete waste.

Things that temporarily hurt enterprise income are villages being raided that connect to the town, caravans from that town being killed and of course going to war with them.

I usually roam the land, ransoming lords and kings, selling prisoners, trading goods, killing bandits and selling the loot until I become filthy rich, I'm talking about 1million denars, then I swear oath to a king or become a king myself taking lords prisoners without ransom and simply keeping them in my dungeons till I take all of their lands...though that works best while being a vassal since you WILL be attacked by another nation if they see that your Kingdom is doing too good.

I'm telling you! once you reach 1million nothing is expensive, you can buy the best armors and horses without worrying about next week wages, it takes time but it is worth it and the experience that you acquire through the entire journey is enough to give you 30+ levels.

The best way to make money passively is to be a mercenary with enterprises in all towns, but as a king you probably won't turn much of a profit off of just passive income. The trick is to get as close to breaking even as you can in terms of passive income vs. passive expenses (wages) and then make profits from ransoming lords, winning tournaments, defeating minor factions etc.

damnimbored25 said:
I usually roam the land, ransoming lords and kings, selling prisoners, trading goods, killing bandits and selling the loot until I become filthy rich, I'm talking about 1million denars, then I swear oath to a king or become a king myself taking lords prisoners without ransom and simply keeping them in my dungeons till I take all of their lands...though that works best while being a vassal since you WILL be attacked by another nation if they see that your Kingdom is doing too good.

I'm telling you! once you reach 1million nothing is expensive, you can buy the best armors and horses without worrying about next week wages, it takes time but it is worth it and the experience that you acquire through the entire journey is enough to give you 30+ levels.

Real men spend billions......

galacticz said:
Hey all,

I am thinking of picking up PoP again, along side of my Floris game. I remember having a blast in PoP, but I also remember there was no true way to achieve a sustainable income.

In Floris, you have the genius Landowning feature, which allows you to invest large amounts to get a sizable return on your investment every two weeks. This is a reasonable way to attain a treasury and sustain it. However, I only remember PoP having enterprises, which although helpful, yield a small amount of profit and can be totally cancelled out if you end up at war with the opposing faction.

And In a game like PoP, you need LARGE garrisons and very large armies to survive.. So without cheating, how does one make a dependable income in this game?

*Side note: Does PoP have Diplomacy? If not, can I add it in some how?
Such a big mod can't be added to Pop, every week it's asked....always trying to corupt pop into becoming a civilised mod where lords and players actually talk....bleah, more raiding, less diplomacying stuff
Money...that's easy.Each enterprise gets about 700 denars a week, depends also on trade and if you help along when there are cheap products or raid caravans and get them.
But your main money making is war, killing and looting a lot of troops, caravans too.Also if you equip your companions with blunts or make a task force to capture troops like bounty hunters and stuff you should be fine.

Actually players, new players who haven't read my guide don't understand that you need skills to navigate the map and what routes to take.And when you have a large army....so what, you won't ever need more than 120 soldiers on the field, maybe 150-200 when engaging an army or marshalls or taking a fief.
New players have problems because they  don't level up and get right companions +right army.A full knights army is a bad call here

You can "import" money from a char
with the same name as yours so make a new game export the char give him however much money you want to then re-import him into that game. Now go to your old game (the one your playing) and click import you will then have more money magically without ever technically "cheating" in your current game, as it is quite legit to import chars from previous games. :wink:
Problem solved. Close thread:twisted:  :wink:

That is about as much as I am willing to edit it.... he doesn't want cheats so he won't look if he isn't enticed. Besides if I were to put WARING, CHEATS wouldn't I look the fool saying it wasn't cheating.  :wink:

It´s more a common courtesy thing and applied decency to non-cheaters. They don´t want to know or look at it. If you´re a nice and polite guy you do it, if you´re a moron you don´t - and get scolded for it.

If you want to save some money, you could just tweak your prefered units a bit, and lower their upkeep. To do that you should best get a troop editor. I mostly use it to change some items though and remove other.

also its not the main subject of this topic i must say. AnddyiRaynor you didn't need to put spoiler alert in anything, its not that you spoiled anything at all. you show him a cheat, cheats are illegal ways that give you the desired object in less time. however you should say them its considered a cheat, and cheats are unfair.
people who are so weak minded who use cheats whenever they inform of it, are most likely zombies not human.
of course i don't care (call me impolite or anything you want) about zombies.

AnddyiRaynor said:
damnimbored25 said:

Real men spend billions......
Whut?

I use tweak. Its pretty handy. I used it to disable complaints from companions in Calradia. Jeremus kept trying to leave the party but he had already left and rejoined a couple of times so I informed him that we hang deserters so he stayed but then he would try to leave every 5 minutes and I finally just muted him. Run the cursor over his image in the dialogue window. He is miserable but I care not.

I also used it to increase the bet amounts for tournaments in Calradia to 150 but since its 500 in Pendor no need for that anymore. I thought winning 6k in a tourney was big bucks in those days. Pendor is like green acres.

personally i double the tournament bet, i double renown gain, i set my xp to 10X (and 2x maximum xp gain from battles) ,  hmm i increased honor gain from freeing lords, to its initial value. decreased cool down for quests, i guess that's it.
generally my game would be faster, and in my view more enjoyable :smile:. when i want to do errands i use teleport, like selling stuffs or giving the next construction order for my towns. when i want to find a unique spawn i will remove fog of war, and use teleport.

in this way in day 50 i had 6000 renown, i was lvl 47, destroyed 7 unique spwan and 3 important armies (2 of them was snake cult hero with 1000 army and noldor hero.)

I haven't played this mod too much yet but i'm sure the easier way to make money on the beggining is with arena melee fights, even if you don't beat everybody. But it isn't hard to win.

Back
Top Bottom