Making Flash game submission form on a site

Users who are viewing this thread

Some of you may have have seen my site before (now http://enigmagamer.com), and I had some success with popularity by regularily adding flash games.
The problem is that I had to recreate the page for every game using a template, then modify two category pages to include the new game.
This process took about half an hour for each game, and in the end I couldn't keep up with it.

I am needing a way to create a form I fill out, where the site automatically fills out the templates with the game name, resolution, game file and category for the category pages. Then making it create the new pages when submitted, I do not currently have to skills to do so myself.

I am wondering then if anyone knows how to do this, or if someone knows a site I can ask around or maybe hire a guy.

Edit: Also, does anyone understand why this game is so popular: http://ultimate-gamer.org/games/playingwithfire3.php ?
I mean, most of the games have 40 ratings at most, this one got 540, that's more than that of fallout 3 mods under rank 25.  :razz:

There's also a guy from Bristol who just spent 7 hours straight on the site. I guess I am doing at least something right.  :lol:
 

Yoshiboy

Count
M&BWB
If you want to do something like this you'll have to learn some server side scripting language like PHP and then probably create a Database using SQL and link all the game data to this. Unfortunately there isn't really an easy solution. Any PHP programmer or web developer worth his salt could probably do it, but it isn't really a "throw him a few quid to buy a pint" job so it depends how much you're willing to pay.
 

Gobblecoque

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWB
Graylord said:
Edit: Also, does anyone understand why this game is so popular: http://ultimate-gamer.org/games/playingwithfire3.php ?
I mean, most of the games have 40 ratings at most, this one got 540, that's more that the most popular fallout 3 mods.  :razz:
Aside from the fact that it has Iron Maiden playing at the main menu, I don't see anything that stands out. If nothing else, it did scare the **** out of me by making me think that my media player had gotten a mind of its own for a second.
 
Yoshiboy said:
If you want to do something like this you'll have to learn some server side scripting language like PHP and then probably create a Database using SQL and link all the game data to this. Unfortunately there isn't really an easy solution. Any PHP programmer or web developer worth his salt could probably do it, but it isn't really a "throw him a few quid to buy a pint" job so it depends how much you're willing to pay.

How much would you say if you'd have to take a guess?

Gobblecoque said:
Graylord said:
Edit: Also, does anyone understand why this game is so popular: http://ultimate-gamer.org/games/playingwithfire3.php ?
I mean, most of the games have 40 ratings at most, this one got 540, that's more that the most popular fallout 3 mods.  :razz:
Aside from the fact that it has Iron Maiden playing at the main menu, I don't see anything that stands out. If nothing else, it did scare the **** out of me by making me think that my media player had gotten a mind of its own for a second.
:lol:
 
I also think it's on time to make a proper theme for the site, I was thinking of changing some of the background to white/light gray.
Black, white and red. Kind of a mix between cinemassacre and TGWTG.
 
Top Bottom