Making console port instead of improving EA on PC. Why is it worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Learn to play with a mouse and keyboard, it's far superior and more sophisticated to any gamepad today.

Also they should really scrap the idea of making a console port for whiny fools like yourself and just stick with the platform the franchise was made on.

101 keys on my keyboard, but now when i use shift, ctrl or alt i have a lot more than that, it never sweats in your hands, no discomfort if you position it accordingly to your hands.

I've played on pc for 30 years and sometimes 15 hours a day and i have never gotten to a point where any parts of my body hurt, some people have issues with wrist or mouse arms, that's usually caused by themselves and their position, being too high up or low compared to the desk is bad for you, you should be able to stretch out your arm and more or less line up with the desk while sitting straight.

The second issue can be a mouse too small or too large for one's hand, it's very important to get one that feels comfortable using.

Last edited:
Console ports are useless. Why not refine your product to this wide userbase you have/had? Instead of thin it out and ultimately make it worse for everyone just so you can reach a small audince? I might be wrong but my understanding is that Warband never was big on console.

And lets not even start on no mod support.

It is not just about controls but mexxico said some people at TW want to get rid of all AI calculations so game will work more smoothly on consoles. I do think console development will not just slow down the development process for PC but also cripple it

Console ports are useless. Why not refine your product to this wide userbase you have/had? Instead of thin it out and ultimately make it worse for everyone just so you can reach a small audince? I might be wrong but my understanding is that Warband never was big on console.

And lets not even start on no mod support.
Armagan big brain time.

Seriously now, in terms of profit/effort it is easier to take whats already been done, pack it up nicely and sell it to those console peasants, a little cash grab with some investment on public relations with youtubers and stuff, than it is to actually finish the game to the "RPG you can play the next 8 years standard". So thats what they went for, a short-term cash grab.

Because we are 15 months away from EA release and we got a lot of bug fixing and tweaking mostly, and very few added features. So it would take them forever to achieve said standard, modders are actually faster and they can make mods from other settings. Two notes on why they are slow:

1. They spread out every single little crash fix and bug fix on the patch notes so it looks like they are working a lot. Most patch notes from other games just say hey, we fixed several crashes, and if one or two issues are occuring to a lot of players then they say they fix that one so they know the game now works for them.

2. Adding features on EA seems painful for them, and the problem seems to be two things, lack of manpower and poor management, they need more developers, they have the money but it seems its hard to hire developers in Turkey since most of them prefer to go abroad and avoid the political situation and get better economic oportunities, And the poor management seems to be coming from micromanaging every little decision, which makes even slower the process.

I believe the game will eventually get to the golden standard it was always meant to be, but modders will have to finish it, the only thing we need is TW to attend modders demands. So releasing early with less features is probably a good thing, since modders can take the wheel sooner with a more stable version.

It is not just about controls but mexxico said some people at TW want to get rid of all AI calculations so game will work more smoothly on consoles. I do think console development will not just slow down the development process for PC but also cripple it
Making AI even stupider?

Armagan big brain time.

Seriously now, in terms of profit/effort it is easier to take whats already been done, pack it up nicely and sell it to those console peasants, a little cash grab with some investment on public relations with youtubers and stuff, than it is to actually finish the game to the "RPG you can play the next 8 years standard". So thats what they went for, a short-term cash grab.

Because we are 15 months away from EA release and we got a lot of bug fixing and tweaking mostly, and very few added features. So it would take them forever to achieve said standard, modders are actually faster and they can make mods from other settings. Two notes on why they are slow:

1. They spread out every single little crash fix and bug fix on the patch notes so it looks like they are working a lot. Most patch notes from other games just say hey, we fixed several crashes, and if one or two issues are occuring to a lot of players then they say they fix that one so they know the game now works for them.

2. Adding features on EA seems painful for them, and the problem seems to be two things, lack of manpower and poor management, they need more developers, they have the money but it seems its hard to hire developers in Turkey since most of them prefer to go abroad and avoid the political situation and get better economic oportunities, And the poor management seems to be coming from micromanaging every little decision, which makes even slower the process.

I believe the game will eventually get to the golden standard it was always meant to be, but modders will have to finish it, the only thing we need is TW to attend modders demands. So releasing early with less features is probably a good thing, since modders can take the wheel sooner with a more stable version.

Yes that is true ofcourse, in a short term flow of money but I dont think this strategy Taleworld is using will work in the long run.

Lets just hope Taleworlds opens their engine fully so the modders have chanse to make the best mods they can. That seems to be the only hope we have.

Making AI even stupider?
Yes, but he has also said that since then, there was no need to make AI more stupid as they were able to spread out / speed up the AI calculations.
As far as I gather however, we can forget them actually improving the AI, as they still need to hit FPS targets for consoles.

Basically, most of the downgrades that we've witnessed over the course of the EA and features that weren't implemented from devblogs are either because of:

1. Consoles
2. TW's own incompetence
3. TW's misguided opinion of what fan wants
4. TW's horrible management

Yes, but he has also said that since then, there was no need to make AI more stupid as they were able to spread out / speed up the AI calculations.
As far as I gather however, we can forget them actually improving the AI, as they still need to hit FPS targets for consoles.
Yes he said that and I cannot put into words how grateful I am about it. But don't forget that mexxico is working on only campaign ai not combat ai.

Last edited:

Basically, most of the downgrades that we've witnessed over the course of the EA and features that weren't implemented from devblogs are either because of:

1. Consoles
2. TW's own incompetence
3. TW's misguided opinion of what fan wants
4. TW's horrible management
I'm not certain you can blame consoles. I'd place more blame at the door of the low minimum PC spec that TW published and targeted. The initial part of EA was heavily focused on trying to get some performance on inadequate PCs.

Cross-play would be a nightmare, i play as an archer on Xbox and there is a legitimate skill requirement to use it same with infantry but PCs are faster and easier and on PC anyone can be an archer so the only place where you'll be able to find skill is CCQ melee and then there still is a PC advantage.

Back
Top Bottom