Making Boadice (And other 'non-Pendorans') a Lord...

Users who are viewing this thread

I recall reading somewhere that when you make one of your companions a Lord they then hire troops of their own nationalities.  Does this apply to Boadice (And actually, Frederick of Mettenheim, and Donovan - as I believe he was Barclayan) as well?

Like if I make Boadice a Lord for my Kingdom (As Pendor) does she then start making Veccavian troops?  Or will she start using Pendor troops trees?

On this topic too, anyone know where I can find which companions won't piss off other lords if I make them lords? 

No, they can only be given major faction loyalties in the code. No Noldor from a Lethaldiran lord. As to which lords have which factions, I cannot help you. It has been discussed before but I seem to recall someone recently saying they were unable to dig it our of a search. Welcome to try though, I know many people would like to know.

As far as I recall, and the more seasoned members of the dev team can correct me if I'm wrong..

Any companions that you make as Lords will have troops based on the background culture you actually decided on (So if it's Pendor, then the companion will get Pendor troops).. Whatever the case, doesn't hurt to test it out, just make a back-up of your save, and make Boadice a Lord, and see what she produces, :wink:

I remember a different post where someone was complaining one of the Sir Whoevers was making Sarleon troops instead of Pendor.  And then being told it's  because it was his background culture.

Though honestly, I'm more curious about the people not in my current Companion Suite, as I'd hire them and make them lords in a heartbeat (At least those who won't piss people off... and maybe not Ansen since I haven't trained him at all)

mp84 said:
As far as I recall, and the more seasoned members of the dev team can correct me if I'm wrong..

Any companions that you make as Lords will have troops based on the background culture you actually decided on (So if it's Pendor, then the companion will get Pendor troops).. Whatever the case, doesn't hurt to test it out, just make a back-up of your save, and make Boadice a Lord, and see what she produces, :wink:

I don't have any insight what the actual system is, but they don't strictly make your culture troops-- i played around with it a bit in my last game.  I too was hoping for some Veccavians, etc., but no.  .. Actually since Lethaldrian says he wants to start an Assassin's academy, i was really looking forward to what he came up with.  Would it be a motley crew of brigands and rangers led by a elite crew of scorpion assassins??! .. Nope, it would be Sarleon regulars.  Still, he would reliably follow me around on the map and still personally rack up tons of kills on the field, so good deal. 

In one of my games, with a "Pendor" culture, Boadice had Sarleon troops (I had given her a Sarleon caste, dunno if that matters).  At least, that is what she initially started out with.

Once again:
Compansy Lords get the troops of their personal background faction, according to native.
However, native compansies and factions have been changed.

If you can acquire the data for native and spot the related PoP compansy and know which faction got switched for with faction in Pop you´ll know which Compansy lord will get which troops.

It depends on the fief that you give them. They will get whatever troops that fief originally produced at the start of the game. Its the same for warband native also.

But that doesn't apply to the player, does it? If he chooses Pendor as his culture, whenever he recruits from his own villages, they will always be Pendorian troops right?

Harding Grim said:
But that doesn't apply to the player, does it? If he chooses Pendor as his culture, whenever he recruits from his own villages, they will always be Pendorian troops right?
80% pendor, 20% original faction, or thereabouts.

Thanks, that's good to know. Is there a way to alter the percentages?

One thing I've started doing is started collecting troops from fiefs before I conquer them. Then I stick the recruits in the castle for when I need them. So I have a bank of troops I can upgrade into what I want. Since I'm playing Pendor and its regular units suck so badly, I tour Pendor gathering Fierdsvain, Ravernstern, and D'Shar recruits that I'll use for the rest of the game duration.

Back
Top Bottom