B Tutorial Animation Making animations for Warband via Blender

Users who are viewing this thread

I uploaded a bunch of video clips in the modding discord about how to do animations for Warband in Blender. I will link them as download here too for those of you who aren't active there. From here on I only quote as I have written it at the discord.

The first four are about preparations for animating, the upfollowing six are for the process itself and the last one is for exporting the newly made animations.
A few notes:
  • Frame 0 is to ALWAYS be the standard t-pose and should not be tampered with.
  • Bones should not be moved, only rotated
  • Remember to switch to Quaternion on import
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

These first clips go over the preparation for making the actual animation, you do need OpenBrf to access the models and Blender, my version here is 2.79, which should still be accesible despite being outdated. For Blender, SMD tools are required to handle the skinned model. Oh, and, I re-import the model because i forgot to switch it from Euler to Quaternion, it should always be Quaternion, bends better in some animations.

These next 6 clips go over the actual animating process itself, i'm making a crude sword swing animation, purely for display purposes. The model is different than the first one, as this video was recorded earlier.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

The last section of this tutorial displays exporting, it is a little hidden away. File format should be SMD, i've chosen to export to Desktop, where an folder called "anims" should appear.

Final Part

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom