Making a game simple doesn't make it better neither accessible

Users who are viewing this thread

A relationship with a town is just a relationship with the notable. It's primary purpose was providing higher number and quality of recruits... Again it's the same system. You are looking at two systems that are extremely similar and trying to tell me they are apples and oranges because the name changed slightly.

Warband didn't even have battle continuation after player K.O.; we need to stop pretending it was perfect.
Yes, but the feeling it creates its completely different, like froggyluv said, Warband gave the illusion of a richer world. Gameplay wise, having 100 relationship with a town gives you better and more troops, but player-experience wise, it felt like you built a relation with a town based on how much you helped them. Specially if you are the lord of that town. Imagine if relationship with the common folk was a thing in Bannerlord, it would be so immersive. Instead we talk with basically a slave master that hands out people from a simple menu. Gameplay wise sure, its faster, the UI is intuitive, but in the experience of playing a game I'm just hiring randoms to send them to die.

Idk why you think critizing Warband in whatever you come up with Bannerlord improved (mods already had that in warband lol) has anything to do with the post. Nobody is saying is perfect, like I've said 1000 times before, Warband was a perfect skeleton for something bigger, where mods like Prophesy of Pendor built a complete fantasy like experience. Bannerlord is... still a skeleton for something bigger, thats the point.

I've said it several times, the companion system is the most disappointing thing in BL hands down. Warband's companions system wasn't perfect, but still much better than what we've got.
At this stage, I don't think they'll will revamp companions anymore, so the only hope is our ideas will be slowly modded into the game.

In warband, you never know ahead of time where new companions are, you encounter them randomly, while in Bannerlord, you can know where everyone is by simply checking the encyclopedia.

The convenience of an encyclopedia while greatly reducing the element of exploration, I think.

In warband, you never know ahead of time where new companions are, you encounter them randomly, while in Bannerlord, you can know where everyone is by simply checking the encyclopedia.

The convenience of an encyclopedia while greatly reducing the element of exploration, I think.
Its really uninspired game design is what it is. Even the fact that they called it an "Encyclopedia" for a game supposed to be in the Ye Old World is just beat

Bladerunner 1 or Bladerunner 2?
Terminator 1, 2 or Terminator 3?
Alien 1, 2 or 3?
Star Wars 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6?

:smile:

Back
Top Bottom