SP Tutorial Module System Make your own Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a program out there that allows me to make companions easier?

I just want 20 simple guys that are level 1, with warrior back grounds that i can hire for 500g and won't complain about anyone and are loyal to me when i finally become my own king.

How do I change companion lord behavior in text file? I mean making Lezalit upstanding instead of pitiless, for example. I'm not too excited to start learning python only to change that :roll:

Hey, I just started getting interested in modding Mount&Blade Warband, and I was going through the process here, but came into a little problem. "python' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program" occurred when I tried running Build_module after making "npc 17" in I think step 2 (or 1...) also, this comes and goes but it says "could not find C:razz:rogram files/...". I think that parts my bad for not making a correct path but I'm not sure. Help?

timman183 said:
Hey, I just started getting interested in modding Mount&Blade Warband, and I was going through the process here, but came into a little problem. "python' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program" occurred when I tried running Build_module after making "npc 17" in I think step 2 (or 1...) also, this comes and goes but it says "could not find C:razz:rogram files/...". I think that parts my bad for not making a correct path but I'm not sure. Help?
Yeah, you didn't set the right path.
I recommend you read this thread... http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,35044.0.html

Anyway, awesome guide! Thanks so much!

TheGME said:
timman183 said:
Yeah, you didn't set the right path.
I recommend you read this thread... http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,35044.0.html

Anyway, awesome guide! Thanks so much!

Is this a correct path? (Timman is the name of my module)
http://s271.photobucket.com/user/timman285/media/Sample1_zpsb05e96cf.png.html?filters[user]=139439592&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Can I do this in other mods?? I mean like... not Native?? For example, I had a module NativeX3000 and chose to make companions in that module... Can I do that rather than doing it in Native... Because I like to make companions in the NativeX3000 module...

Cheers to whoever wrote this SUPER helpful tutorial, now have my own 37 fully customized companions (took 2days)
Never comment on forums, in fact I joined just to write this one, very helpful.

Go Vaigers

Benjamin83 said:
Cheers to whoever wrote this SUPER helpful tutorial, now have my own 37 fully customized companions (took 2days)
Never comment on forums, in fact I joined just to write this one, very helpful.

Go Vaigers

Thanks, Wrote this 4 years ago and now I have to come back to figure out how to do it again :p

Images aren't working, but nevertheless great tutorial, I just added in my first companion! His face looks a bit retarded, but that will be dealt with.

I do not know if anyone ever mentioned it, but the temperments are explain in constants py beginning at line 1346.It also gives examples of historical people with the temperments. Like the tutorial btw.Still useful.You explained it well then,still good now

Thank you for putting together this tutorial.  It's really helped me get my foot in the door.  I've been able to create two companions and I've really focused on creating companions that match or exceed the quality of the ones in native.

A couple of things that helped me.  First, spacing between the scripts in module_scripts.py is critical.  If the spacing isn't just right the game will ignore that script even though you didn't get an error when compiling.  I spent some time testing this in-game.  I've still yet to determine exactly what spacing is required but I copied the spacing between two working scripts and that resolved all of my issues.  I verified this wasn't a syntax error.  I'd recommend not commenting between the scripts - as this usually alters the spacing.  Also, I found that if I copied the relevant scripts into another text document so that it'd be easier to edit (and then paste it back) I would get some weird results.  I'd just do all of your work directly in that file.

Another interesting thing I'd like to see added to the tutorial.  The second personality conflict that you set in module_scripts.py is the conflict that will fire after a battle.  The first personality conflict will fire in the normal course of the game - such as when your resting at a town.  This can be useful when your putting together your strings so they make sense in the context of the game.

Thanks again to the OP, to Caba'drin and others who've posted helpful information in this thread.  :smile:

Does anyone else on this thread have a problem with the images? For me they say PhotoShack, so I click on the picture it takes me to the right link (where the picture would go) But then redirects me this
http://imageshack.com/e/p5aMES7Yj
  An add about ImageShack.

If you know why this problem occurs, then I would greatly appreciate an answer. Thanks!

When I try to use this I do everything to the tee - what happens is when I create a new game - my character instantly gets level 20 as soon as I start making him and then when I fight the bandit in the tutorial there is 2 instead of 1 and the other guy never shows upo to say I win and I can do what I want. ( I am assuming I somehow replaced the merchant with a bandit?) idk how that is possible but it is what is happening to me. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

I might of missed it but could someone help me? I wish to make Borcha a noble character so lords are not shaming me when I talk to them about my "awful decision." Is there a way to change this value or shall I just have to live with it?

Caba`drin said:
manekemaan said:
My question now is, how can I set companions to be not noble and or to be noble (in this order because malik already told me that companions are considered noble unless said otherwise) I can't seem to find where I can adjust this.
SPD_Phoenix said:
Module_scripts, script "initialize_npcs". Every companion has a line:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_roguish),
The complete list of personality is in module_constants. From "lrep_martial" to "lrep_upstanding" are noble. From "lrep_roguish" to "lrep_custodian" are non-noble.

#"Martial" will be twice as common as the other types
lrep_none          = 0
lrep_martial        = 1 #chivalrous but not terribly empathetic or introspective, - eg Richard Lionheart, your average 14th century French baron
lrep_quarrelsome    = 2 #spiteful, cynical, a bit paranoid, possibly hotheaded - eg Robert Graves' Tiberius, some of Charles VI's uncles
lrep_selfrighteous  = 3 #coldblooded, moralizing, often cruel - eg William the Conqueror, Timur, Octavian, Aurangzeb (although he is arguably upstanding instead, particularly after his accession)
lrep_cunning        = 4 #coldblooded, pragmatic, amoral - eg Louis XI, Guiscard, Akbar Khan, Abd al-Aziz Ibn Saud
lrep_debauched      = 5 #spiteful, amoral, sadistic - eg Caligula, Tuchman's Charles of Navarre
lrep_goodnatured    = 6 #chivalrous, benevolent, perhaps a little too decent to be a good warlord - eg Hussein ibn Ali. Few well-known historical examples maybe. because many lack the drive to rise to faction leadership. Ranjit Singh has aspects
lrep_upstanding    = 7 #moralizing, benevolent, pragmatic, - eg Bernard Cornwell's Alfred, Charlemagne, Salah al-Din, Sher Shah Suri

lrep_roguish        = 8 #used for commons, specifically ex-companions. Tries to live life as a lord to the full
lrep_benefactor    = 9 #used for commons, specifically ex-companions. Tries to improve lot of folks on land
lrep_custodian      = 10 #used for commons, specifically ex-companions. Tries to maximize fief's earning potential

Back
Top Bottom