SP - General Make weapon (and possibly armor) prices based on material + skill markup

Users who are viewing this thread

As I've understood so far every weapon in the game is possible to make in the smithing section. If this is the case, I would like to suggest a different way of calculating weapon price that more accurately resembles it's economic value as well as the skills required to obtain it for free.

I believe every weapon should be valued not for it's damage (which is dependant in no small part upon the way the damage is dealt, think of the difference between a sword and a javelin) but for the equivalent material cosst in a town with a markup for the smithing skill the weapon would require if it were made by the player.

As a sidenote, I would also suggest that a feature be added to allow the player to buy any combination weapon from the smithing menu at a flat price calculated similar to the one above, but at a higher markup. This allows players to make a choice between grinding out smithing vs. paying a premium price for your preferred weapon.

Back
Top Bottom