Make traits matter (For ALL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Wulfsdottir

Sergeant
Hello.
One issue I have with the traits system is that it seems they doesn't matter outside some mathematical calculations when it comes for NPC to like you or not.

I know they are working on traits system and it will work as they intend in future, but what I am saying is that I am not sure they are intending to expand on that trait system the way I see is right. It was an issue in first M&B and Warband as far as I remember too.

What I am saying is that NPCs should act according to their reputation (traits), not just Player Character. I usually roleplay as a honorable person so even if I am at war with, I don't attack civilians (villagers or caravans). I also know that if I do, I will lose honor trait. Same must be true for NPC.

There was that noble guy who I befriended and we would spend evenings playing the board games and planning to maybe make some babies later too, but fate made our kingdoms enemies and we had to fight each other. That's cool. It is realistic. But what is frustrating is that this noble, honorable, generous, brave Captain America Vlandia is now running around terrorizing poor farmers and robbing the caravans. Not cool. Not cool at all.

It seems that traits mean nothing for NPC lords when it comes to their strategies of waging war or any other such aspect. It really breaks immersion and destroys the letter "R" meaning in the word RPG, which this game claims to be.

If devs are reading this, maybe address this too?

Back
Top Bottom