Make the siege defenders' reinforcement spawn point near the keep

Users who are viewing this thread

With the new AI movement update and retreat mechanics (specifically not spawning any more reinforcements after mass retreats) in 1.9, AI units have been much more responsive in general, one especially massive improvements is that reinforcing units and archers on the walls no longer ignore you when you get close to them. To benefit from this system and to make the sieges much more immersive, I think the spawn point of defenders should be changed to the nearby vicinity of the town or castle keep. With this (maybe?) simple change, we can have siege battles that continue on the streets and archers shooting your troops on the stairway of the keep rather than having 95% of the battle on the wall or the courtyard and the remaining 5% chasing the retreating units.

This change alone (provided it doesn't penalize the defenders much) could make the sieges so much more epic in my opinion, so I hope that TW discusses this. @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan
 

CrazyElf

Sergeant
Yeah I think that having the spawn points for the defending team should come as a trickle of troops running out of the keep.

Likewise, attacker reinforcements should come from the direction of the siege camp.
 

Julio-Claudian

Sergeant Knight
I really really hope this is done. It would make siege battles so much more fun and remove the hugely immersion-breaking problem of reinforcements appearing out of thin air right in front of you, behind, or in the middle of your troops when the first bunch of defenders at the gate are destroyed (usually getting immediately slaughtered as they are surrounded by the attackers).

Especially on those maps that have clear secondary defensive positions and beyond.
 
Would love to see this.
Have them retreat to (or spawn at the keep and run to) a secondary position to block a street.
This way a smaller number can hold a defensive position.
Even better if this position can be covered with ranged fire. This would give a defender a better chance.

this seems more doable then totally redoing defense strategies like holding the towers and the gate house and shooting the attackers from the wall with ranged troops lined up behind the wall.
 
Would love to see this.
Have them retreat to (or spawn at the keep and run to) a secondary position to block a street.
This way a smaller number can hold a defensive position.
Even better if this position can be covered with ranged fire. This would give a defender a better chance.

this seems more doable then totally redoing defense strategies like holding the towers and the gate house and shooting the attackers from the wall with ranged troops lined up behind the wall.
It also seems like a very simple solution for making sieges more immersive and awesome, so I think the devs may be more likely to listen to this suggestion.
 
Top Bottom