MP Make the Forge multiplayer !

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord_Samwise

Recruit
Hello great warriors accross the world,

First of all please excuse the clumsy english. My brother and I love and play Mound and Blade : Warband since a decade and have accumulated thousand of hours, mostly in multiplayer.

Oh ! How we like to throw ourselves into the fray, to hell horses, arrows and shields ! and only with a good axe engage in fierces fights... Learning new combat techniques, puting it to test, outsmarting archery and cavalry alike, outcoming talented fighters in honorable duals or dying from their blade !

We are still adapting to the fine redesign of Bannerlord gameplay, but after a few hundred hours of rabid skirmishes and thundering sieges, we ended thinking it lacks of long therm interest. We appreciate the consistency of the Factions, by their specific equipements and armors.

But we think that the idea of being allow to use a personnalised weapon is incredible. And the perfect tool for that already exists : The Forge. Therefore, we suggest that the forge become multiplayer, giving to the players the possibility of earning xp so they unlock parts and materials and then craft unique weapons. Against an additional gold cost in a game, it would be then possible to join battlefield with a crafted weapon, regardless of the picked Faction, so we show it to everyone by directly swinging it in the heads of opponents !

A market inspired by games like Escape From Tarkov would also be a workable idea, so players can swap or sell parts, materials and crafted weapons to other players, for new parts and materials.

We do not think that bringing a crafted weapon during a battle would negate the consistency of factions (after all, the richest lords always went to war with their own family unique armors and swords). A high level player could therefore be identified not only by his skills but by his unique weapons o/ !

Please let us know what you think about it. Would you like it ? Why ? Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Seems interesting, but I believe this would bring up serious balance issues.
Unlockable Cosmetic changes to weapons (like the upcoming Skins cosmetics) could work, but for weapons I don’t really know how this would be implemented honestly

tldr: cosmetic armors = yes
Craftable weapons = no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom