SP - World Map Make the AI see a garrison as a stationary party

Users who are viewing this thread

If the AI registers an enemy garrison as a stationary party it would not move within range of the castle/town if the AI's party power level is too low.
This would make it possible for castles located in mountain passes, or next to bridges, to block these roads.

A big army with a power level higher than the garrison would pass without a problem,

I think It would make sense for a party not to venture to close to an settlement or casttle that houses enough troops to defeat them.

Interesting and plausible. You know there will always be my +1 regarding potential ZoC implementations.

That said, and that a change of stance is possible (realistically it is quite remote) currently the "official" stance was expressed by Mexxico here.

Mexxico said:
How this mod understand a (x, y) position belong to which kingdom's territory? Is this only work x distance radius around settlements?

It seems they care culture of nearby settlements according to their explanation. They should care culture otherwise retaking settlements does not happen much.

It seems this is a good addition to game with a simple touch. However if I suggest this probably it will not be accepted because in our game there is no clear info which map position belongs to which kingdom. Maybe 10-15 radius can solve it. I will post this mod's solution to design channel of TW. I liked it but hard to be accepted. But this addition also make castles a bit more important and going deep into enemy territory become harder. So it effects gameplay probably very good.

Also thanks for all tests I will make a new table showing all.

Hopefully Taleworlds when introducing the "new terrain system" has thought of more strategic parallel land uses... DON'T hold your breath though...

Interesting and plausible. You know there will always be my +1 regarding potential ZoC implementations.

That said, and that a change of stance is possible (realistically it is quite remote) currently the "official" stance was expressed by Mexxico here.

Hopefully Taleworlds when introducing the "new terrain system" has thought of more strategic parallel land uses... DON'T hold your breath though...
Yes I remember that discussion. I thought it had problems with slowing parties down because of bandit hideouts?
without coding experience I thought my suggestion would be plausible with fewer downsides. The effect would basically be te same as positioning your party on a choke point. All weaker parties would turn back and stronger parties will try to engage you, the problem would be to give the garrison a special status that only effect the enemy’s willingness to come close, but does not automatically wants to start a siege when they are stronger.

How should they evaluate whether defenders are stronger? I mean, should they evaluate them as 1. an equal ground superior or 2. as a "siege-defender - superior"?

The issue is, what does AI do when they realize they can't herass behind enemy lines? I mean, battania would become quite hard to harass, most mountainpasses are covered by castles(or really should be if they want to to considered smart withtheir possition :smile: ) Battania could be completly protected from small raiderparties.

don't take me wrong, you have my +1, but there are issues on higher level that needs to be considered :smile:

Back
Top Bottom