Make TDM inf only

Users who are viewing this thread

I wouldn't mind TDM without cav. The last thing i need when facing multiple opponents is a cav lancing me in the back. I mean cav in TDM is basicly doing circles and picking off players who have their focus on something else at that time. Pretty lame in my opinion

I think the only times I had issues with cav in multiplayer is if I were playing Sturgia tbh.

Pitchfork's probably the best kontos from my personal experience using it
Pila can be thrown
The Tribal Warrior's "Short" Spear is the same spear used by the Beduin w/ Small Shield
Battania and Khuzait have pikes

I think the only times I had issues with cav in multiplayer is if I were playing Sturgia tbh.

Pila can be thrown
The Tribal Warrior's "Short" Spear is the same spear used by the Beduin w/ Small Shield
True, they can be countered easily. The problem i have with cav in TDM is that it happens quite often that im preoccupied with fighting infantry and get lanced in the back.

Pila can be thrown
It's the absolute worst playing Sturgia in TDM because of their pitiful anti-cav options. You sort of have to go Varyag but they're super expensive, and you can only use the spear for so long before you're forced to change to your primary to survive in a melee. At which point you have a high chance of being killed by the cavalry you were originally hunting.

The up-coming changes that make cavalry more expensive in TDM will help a lot, as no matter how many cavalry you pick off there is a dozen more incoming. It's actually quite easy to play as anti-cav with a pike or long spear, but you get no reward for it either as you get no points for killing horses and if you rear one it's likely a team-mate that will get the kill, giving you not even an assist.

I'd still be happy with a separate infantry-only mode though. Most players are in for the quintessential M&B melee combat and it can be extremely frustrating when you're just bullied by all other classes especially in a mode with no FF.

2h are bad 1v1 cause 2h don't have strong feints and they are much slower. If you know how to use this advantage as 1h, 2h can't do anything against you (in most cases). 2h is great though when it comes to a teamfight. If noone is focusing that 2h, preventing him go attack everyone in their backs with great damage, 2h becomes mvp. But anyway, they are not picked cause of this meta with 100 throwings at start, a lot of archers and cav.
you'll see what happens when throwings are gone. I predict that bastard Sword/axe will be op.

Now it just reminds me of that post where someone said that game changes should be done through polls available for everyone, god forbid
That was me
c9NXzae.png
I want the MP to be big not a niche for weirdo tryhards, gotta please the hordes

That was me
c9NXzae.png
I want the MP to be big not a niche for weirdo tryhards, gotta please the hordes
If that would mean that TaleWorlds finally acknowledges feedback and does something in the right direction, then I'd be willing to have that system implemented

The up-coming changes that make cavalry more expensive in TDM will help a lot, as no matter how many cavalry you pick off there is a dozen more incoming. It's actually quite easy to play as anti-cav with a pike or long spear, but you get no reward for it either as you get no points for killing horses and if you rear one it's likely a team-mate that will get the kill, giving you not even an assist.
That would make Sturgia even more painful to play as since Raider's one of the few units that are actually good.

It's the absolute worst playing Sturgia in TDM because of their pitiful anti-cav options. You sort of have to go Varyag but they're super expensive, and you can only use the spear for so long before you're forced to change to your primary to survive in a melee. At which point you have a high chance of being killed by the cavalry you were originally hunting.
I would think brigand with melee throwing spear could provide decent anti-cav? Gives you also some movement. Unless you want that POG brace

I would think brigand with melee throwing spear could provide decent anti-cav? Gives you also some movement.
Ash Throwing Spear also has 185 reach when used as a melee weapon, which makes it probably the best throwing spear to use against cavalry.

With that said, I don't get why the Sturgian Warrior can't counter cavalry when every other peasant in the game can do so with much better competence.

The Ash Throwing Spear is a good spear, probably better in melee too than a lot of other spears that can't even be thrown which is an odd design choice. I don't like the idea of having to rely on throwing weapons to deal with cavalry though, and like flashn00b stated above I think it'd be a better idea to give the peasant a reliable weapon for that. For me a longer spear is always better and a pike is just leagues beyond all spears beside the fact you can't use a shield.

At the end of the day when you're getting wrecked by cav, you'll have times where you are forced to play the peasant class so in my opinion they should have always have access to the tools required to counter other classes ie. a shield for archers or a spear for cavalry and in the Sturgian's case the short spear just doesn't cut it.

EDIT: Also in regards to the Raider comment flashn00b, I think Sturgia as a whole would be slightly stronger if the meta moved away from mass cavalry. Of course their individual units need to be looked at, but as they're designed as an infantry focused nation they just stand no chance in the current balance.

Back
Top Bottom