SP - Economy make taxes and militia spawn tied to loyalty (too)

Users who are viewing this thread

D0c1

Knight at Arms
this poster https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ettlement-occupation-system-long-post.434643/
wants taking towns to be "slower". i agree with him on the premise but not the execution.
i think an easier thing to implement is making loyalty have a substantial effect on taxes and militia spawn.
maybe the taxes could be taken in full if the town has a large garrison because people will be scared of them.
- this will help with snowballing because newly acquired towns won't be (a huge) resource instantly unless one put large number of soldiers there so it will affect snowballing in 2 ways.
- they will have to defend the newly acquired fief for a longer period of time (because no free militia defenders)
- will make lords spend more time around their fiefs (to solve issues) or their income will suffer due to low loyalty. unless they put a huge garrison so their income will still suffer if they ignored their fiefs

Since they are planning on adding rebellions in the long term, the militias will eventually be a bad thing for conquerors, I doubt they'll mess with that bit in the mean time.

Back
Top Bottom