Make players join only one faction in NW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes,  I did this by modifying the team balance script, and making it so that one team would always be considered to be 'full'.

MaHuD said:
Yes,  I did this by modifying the team balance script, and making it so that one team would always be considered to be 'full'.
  Thaks MaHuD. Would it be possible for you to point out which particular lines you edited, and what you edited them to?

Zidius said:
Out of curiosity why would you need a script like that?
I have been working on a hunger games server, on battle mode for NW. But in order for the round to end once everyone has died rather than after one faction has died, I need to stop players from joining the other side. Since not many people decide to actually read the server rules which explain not to join team 2, it seemed a good idea to make it so that they physically can't join that faction.

Not at the moment, will be away from home for a couple of days.
Why not use deathmatch gamemode for hunger games? You could make both teams the same faction.

MaHuD said:
Why not use deathmatch gamemode for hunger games? You could make both teams the same faction.
Ok. Yes technically I can use deathmatch, but I also like for players to not respawn until the next round when they have been killed (don't know if there is some easy way to do this), but that was why I concluded on battle mode. Anyway thanks for your help. If you do get the chance to post some more information on it when you get back I would really appreciate it.

pete99 said:
MaHuD said:
Ok. Yes technically I can use deathmatch, but I also like for players to not respawn until the next round when they have been killed (don't know if there is some easy way to do this), but that was why I concluded on battle mode. Anyway thanks for your help. If you do get the chance to post some more information on it when you get back I would really appreciate it.
The thing with battle is. If one player dies and the enemy faction is empty then it automaticly ends the round. So the best gamemode for this would be deathmatch.

Back
Top Bottom