Make Peasant class optional in TDM and Siege

Make peasant classes optional in Siege and TDM ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Before i start, just so we're clear. I am pretty much ALWAYS choosing to play Peasant classes on purpose whether or not i have gold to pick heavy inf or cav or whatever. I like playing most of the peasant classes because i like running fast and having my enemies be "cocky" when they see a defenseless peasant = they are easier target because they really want to one shot you. Therefore, i am not advocating for the removal of peasant classes or whatever.

If there is one thing that grinds everyone's gear, its getting forced into a class designed to be weak, with no good weapons and low armor, making you die super fast. Peasant class are fine in Captain and Skirmish. In Captain you get to choose any class no matter what, and in skirmish, playing peasant is a choice you make in order to save gold or in order to make sure to spawn 3 times, which can be very handy if you manage to take out one of the enemy team's high tier class with one of these spawns.

Team Deathmatch and Siege are 2 very chaotic modes, with Cavs everywhere and projectiles flying all over the place. More often than not you die from something completely out of your control. Therefore it is very frustrating when you finally can afford an expensive class, just to get one shotted by a overpowered cavalry right in the plain before even getting to the castle or barely after spawning in TDM. Same goes for projectiles (especially the guns, i mean crossbows), you can lose the high tier class you paid for as quick as you selected it, aka you died from an arrow shot randomly in the melee because there is no friendly fire (and even when there was, it was way not punishing enough).

Everybody prefers the Warband system, and i think one of the main reason why is because you never felt forced into a class having these 2 following attributes at the same time : 1- Low damage and 2- Low armor. The gold system from Warband always allowed you to chose to have at least one of these 2 parameters : Good damage or good armor, or do some middle ground of them. For example, when playing Swadia, you always could start with a loadout that is the equivalent of the Voulgier class in Bannerlord. Mid tier armor and mid tier 1h weapon + shield.

My suggestion : The lowest classes you can spawn as by having 0 extra gold should be the ones that cost 120g and + (Khuzait's spear infantry should cost 120, not 130).

That way, we can always spawn as Shock troopers or mid tier infantry classes such as Brigand, Wildling, voulgier with sword and shield, low tier archers, etc. And when we choose to play as peasant, its because we want to. I for one would keep playing some of these peasant classes. Peasant classes would be less played in Siege and TDM, for sure, but they would'nt go extinct because of this change. They would become optional while remaining relevant in Skirmish and Captain.

Last edited:
+1

Has been brought up often enough and I think it deserves being tested in a balance patch.

PS: Can you add a survey to the thread for a quick overview of opinions?

I dunno how to feel about archers having absolutely no restrictions to them. Even with the way the economy works, archer spam often turns Bannerlord into a tactical shooter.

I dunno how to feel about archers having absolutely no restrictions to them. Even with the way the economy works, archer spam often turns Bannerlord into a tactical shooter.

No différence, once you Pick archer class you always farm enough assist to keep playing it forever. Its not hard to perma Spawn as archer at all

At the same time you will always be able to spawn with shield and spear at the same time so archer spam and cav span should be a lot less terrifying.

Back
Top Bottom