SP - General Make patches optional!

Users who are viewing this thread

junkerlord

Recruit
I want to start by stressing out that I already like the game very much, despite the fact of being still an early access and its many issues. Also, I understand that the team is working in improving the game and correcting it continuously, and that this may take a while.

However, the developers need to remember that the community around this game is and has always been highly active, and, thankfully, several modders are working in their own version of fixes and overhauls that improves significantly the player experience. Since warband mods are a big part of this game and have keep it alive. After some time playing the game it is simply too boring or buggy to continue without the use of those mods.

Also, every time the developers release an update or patch most of those mods are necessarily broke, taking with it the save files of the players. Yes, you are not responsible for third party content and this interface is still under construction. But you should at least make each released patch optional, so you do not automatically break the experience of several players. Also, you are demotivating the community of developers of content, because it represents a constant and tedious work for them to keep their mods functional. Stop sabotaging yourselves with this strategy.

Do not release those small patches that broke our game during the weekend or at least make them optional!.

Thank you.

I want to start by stressing out that I already like the game very much, despite the fact of being still an early access and its many issues. Also, I understand that the team is working in improving the game and correcting it continuously, and that this may take a while.

However, the developers need to remember that the community around this game is and has always been highly active, and, thankfully, several modders are working in their own version of fixes and overhauls that improves significantly the player experience. Since warband mods are a big part of this game and have keep it alive. After some time playing the game it is simply too boring or buggy to continue without the use of those mods.

Also, every time the developers release an update or patch most of those mods are necessarily broke, taking with it the save files of the players. Yes, you are not responsible for third party content and this interface is still under construction. But you should at least make each released patch optional, so you do not automatically break the experience of several players. Also, you are demotivating the community of developers of content, because it represents a constant and tedious work for them to keep their mods functional. Stop sabotaging yourselves with this strategy.

Do not release those small patches that broke our game during the weekend or at least make them optional!.

Thank you.
Go to you Steam Library, Right-click Bannerlord, go to properties. In the BETAS tab, there is a dropdown of all patches. Select the one you want, and the game will either update or roll back to that patch. When it is not the current updated build, it will stick with the build you choose and not update when an update appears (it will only say there is an update queued when one is available), so you can keep playing on the most stable patch for you. Note that this may disable your ability to play multiplayer because you are not using the most up-to-date patch.

Go to you Steam Library, Right-click Bannerlord, go to properties. In the BETAS tab, there is a dropdown of all patches. Select the one you want, and the game will either update or roll back to that patch. When it is not the current updated build, it will stick with the build you choose and not update when an update appears (it will only say there is an update queued when one is available), so you can keep playing on the most stable patch for you. Note that this may disable your ability to play multiplayer because you are not using the most up-to-date patch.

Thanks for your answer. But I am already doing so. I am playing in Beta 1.4.1, so I was planning to stay in that for a while. But the patch did not create a new 1.4.2 or something, it just automatically updates the version. I just cannot go back. Perhaps It is something related with the beta, but as far as I known there were a similar small patch with the 1.4.0 “stable” version, that broke the mods (and save files) in the same way.
As consequence, I had to wait for the modders to update, which obviously take several days or even weeks. Alternatively, I could start a new game without mods (which is very limited at the time, I have already tried) or with an early version (1.3 or so), but I am tired of strat over every time (I am already in the fifth or sixth tentative to start), or I can wait until the game is released. The last one is not really an option because the game probably will be updating even after release (nowadays is always like that).

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer. But I am already doing so. I am playing in Beta 1.4.1, so I was planning to stay in that for a while. But the patch did not create a new 1.4.2 or something, it just automatically updates the version. I just cannot go back. Perhaps It is something related with the beta, but as far as I known there were a similar small patch with the 1.4.0 “stable” version, that broke the mods (and save files) in the same way.
As consequence, I had to wait for the modders to update, which obviously take several days or even weeks. Alternatively, I could start a new game without mods (which is very limited at the time, I have already tried) or with an early version (1.3 or so), but I am tired of strat over every time (I am already in the fifth or sixth tentative to start), or I can wait until the game is released. The last one is not really an option because the game probably will be updating even after release (nowadays is always like that).
Got it. Yah, hotpatches for branches automatically update because the update applies to your current branch. Branch persistence only works on former branches. Basically, if you want to keep with 1.4.1, you will have to wait until it gets past beta branch, past main branch, and becomes one of the non-updated archived branches... There might be a way to completely turn off updates, but I don't know it.

Got it. Yah, hotpatches for branches automatically update because the update applies to your current branch. Branch persistence only works on former branches. Basically, if you want to keep with 1.4.1, you will have to wait until it gets past beta branch, past main branch, and becomes one of the non-updated archived branches... There might be a way to completely turn off updates, but I don't know it.

Yes, well, I'am trying exactily what you said. So far, it is working. But of course I have to ignore the new changes and fixed that are inthe new versions of the game, and at some point the moders will produce contenct updated only for the main versions, so I wil have to star new game.

Maybe you could back-up the game files as they are when you like your version of game and when update hits just overwrite it with an old folder?

you can un check automatically update in steam. Go to Library/Downloads then click on Automatic updates below Bannerlord

you can un check automatically update in steam. Go to Library/Downloads then click on Automatic updates below Bannerlord
I can't figure out how to not download the latest patch. There isn't appear to be an option where not to download.
Either you download automatically or download manually starting the game.
If you start the game and it will start download the latest patch and install them.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I can't figure out how to not download the latest patch. There isn't appear to be an option where not to download.
Either you download automatically or download manually starting the game.
If you start the game and it will start download the latest patch and install them.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Click on the automatic update text then shift it there then i guess you can cancel the update if it wants to downlad. Cant remember how i set it but for me i dont have to for some reason until i choose to

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom