SP - General Make Noble Troops Less Common For Better Game Balance and Immersion

Users who are viewing this thread

ChopSuey

Recruit
For both the game's balance sake, and to add a bit more realism to the game, noble troops should be far less common. I've been seeing anywhere from 1/3-1/2 of troops in villages be noble troops. And given they're all strong troops, I think that's a bit overpowered. I believe switching to a system where you can only recruit nobles of that faction if you're part of that faction, or if you own the town/castle. Could also put limits to how many noble troops you can have, x amount of noble troops created in towns or castles you own. However you do it, less noble troops in the game would be good for balance and more immersive.

I think that the developers need to rethink the hiring system for high-level units. Including a line of nobles. It turns out that the player at the very beginning of the game, having neither fame nor glory, can easily recruit cataphracts and other top units into the army. I am sure that the set of these troops, in addition to the relationship with the nobles, must be tied to the player's level or to his fame.

Back
Top Bottom