SP - General Make Looters Actual Looters

Users who are viewing this thread

This is kind of a joke suggestion, but I think it would be interesting even if only as a mod. Yesterday I ran into my first 100+ looter party. There were 130 or so of these buggers, and even noble parties avoided such a force. I decided to take it out, and what did I find? It had about 20 prisoners including troops up to tier 5 and 6, and yet, all the looters still wielded pitch forks, stones, and wore rags, and the drops from the group was just more of the same garbage and trade items.

If they are looters, shouldn't they steal the equipment of those they capture? If they captured a Vlandian knight, wouldn't one of the looters at least steal the horse? It only makes sense. Maybe this would be different for captured nobles, because their purpose then would be to ransom the noble and return him/her untouched.

While we are at it, why not make any unit in the "bandit culture" plunder villages when they get a large enough party that they feel they can take the village militia? So far, their only use/threat is attacking traveling villages to hurt fief prosperity or attacking caravans to hurt town prosperity or player income.

Last edited by a moderator:
You pretty much explained the bandit system from Warband. It ended up in Bannerlord somehow.
Bandits are just pointless sparring, I don't know if TaleWorlds have any plan to flesh out this bare bones feature.

I was actually thinking of making a simple XML mod for this by creating higher tier looters that simply have 1 to 4 seemingly random pieces of higher quality equipment depending on the tier, making them look like they actually did loot stuff and distributed it. A looter wearing rags but has a nord helmet and chain gloves while still wielding a rake? Sure. Another carrying a round shield but still throws rocks? Of course! One that has a bow but doesn't know how to use it? Why not. How about one that only has boots and some random javelins? Or riding a horse and carrying a shovel.

They would still all be fairly low level, so their skills with the equipment would be garbage, but it would make them seem more like looters.

they also drops pretty easily boots thats worth 500 denar and you get a resonable sum on top of that + easy xp for you and your troops, But i prefer hunting bandits instead when you get up to that level...depending on your average level of troops your leveling up ofc. Personally i think they would make you early rich if they dropped better stuff...But yeah i can see the point that your making

Last edited:
While I like your suggestions in this thread, I must say they don't address the main problem with bandits in Bannerlord.
This problem is as old as M&B itself and it's very simple: bandit parties are meaningless, they just roam around and don't interact with the game world like actual entities would. They instead just roam randomly.
This is a very poor design choice.

they also drops pretty easily boots thats worth 500 denar and you get a resonable sum on top of that + easy xp for you and your troops, But i prefer hunting bandits instead when you get up to that level...depending on your average level of troops your leveling up ofc. Personally i think they would make you early rich if they dropped better stuff...But yeah i can see the point that your making

The problem here is the price of items compared with the rest of the economy. Selling rags in native lets you support an army. I've done some editing and reduced item prices. What remains is increasing troop upgrade cost, troop upkeep and tax income.

As for the bandits, an alternative could be to increase their numbers and have them raid villages.

The problem here is the price of items compared with the rest of the economy. Selling rags in native lets you support an army. I've done some editing and reduced item prices. What remains is increasing troop upgrade cost, troop upkeep and tax income.

As for the bandits, an alternative could be to increase their numbers and have them raid villages.

agree in some extent. Think they need to drop the percentage to get expensive gear drops since prices on gears also need to stay high because of the economy as it is right now. And well ive been fighting bandits in larger forces to but yeah never seen em raiding villages as some claim to be and would def be a thing they should implement like it was in warband. But then i guess some would raised their pitchforks since they dont want to protect their villages and think its to much of a grind i guess ^^

But then i guess some would raised their pitchforks since they dont want to protect their villages and think its to much of a grind i guess ^^
Adding militia patrols as a fief upgrade could help keep down bandit raids on villages. I still think bandits should do more than attack wandering villagers and caravans, especially if they get large enough parties.

Adding militia patrols as a fief upgrade could help keep down bandit raids on villages. I still think bandits should do more than attack wandering villagers and caravans, especially if they get large enough parties.

indeed but then your militia whos getting killed by guarding it on the way there or in there during battle would be reduced from your castle. Problem is though from another perspective is that if you gonna play as a bandit its gonna be to much problem for you as a player since the risk is gonna be to high if castles sends out troops every time you raid a village. Same goes for millitary raids to i guess

agree in some extent. Think they need to drop the percentage to get expensive gear drops since prices on gears also need to stay high because of the economy as it is right now. And well ive been fighting bandits in larger forces to but yeah never seen em raiding villages as some claim to be and would def be a thing they should implement like it was in warband. But then i guess some would raised their pitchforks since they dont want to protect their villages and think its to much of a grind i guess ^^

The economy as of right now means you can afford to upgrade several troops into the highest tier using top level armor before you can afford buying that armor for yourself. To make the economy more correct, item prices would have to go down or troop prices would have to go up. The numbers are already too high for a Medieval setting, so why not do the former. Just drastically decrease all forms of income as well apart from taxation and mercenary contracts (which should be the only viable ways of maintaining a big army). Workshops and caravans could take a year at least to break even on investment, quest money down, arena money down and no more forging a piece of metal on a throwable stick and selling it for 10k+.

well the economy balance is a bit of a tricky part since i can also understand that it shouldn't be to much of a chore and needs to be enjoyable, rewarding but also challenging at the same time on the road. Personally i think the beginning is about right and you being able to loose your troops in battle is good enough as a setback (even if i think you can get em to fast up in xp atm). I also think theres a bit of a challenge in the beginning to get progression as you at times can struggle with high tier wages, so by higher em even more will be to hard i think.

If you wanna balance the whole economic system you gonna have to look at the whole set of events because some things might disturb the others later when you get a larger army, expenses and such and that also needs its balance of its own to sustain. But i think you get so much independent from money when workshops starting to tick on you early game. Perhaps higher the workshop prices to 30k and/or lowering their income rate which you shouldn't be able to fluctuate on your own, but are independent dependent on whats villages around it can produce, if its raided or not maybe, perhaps fluctuates on the towns around it and its resources idk, So if you should be at war within one town next to that your workshops should go more badly for it if theres no resources around to help it. Also ex if your in war with a neighbor town you armor shop will go up in income if you have an iron mine semi close by active. Just some loose thoughts.Think you still loose your workshop when the town is los which is a good mechanic Idk if its still there since it havent happened to me in a while now.
Companions are also to cheap at the moment in my opinion and thought they where about right for around that 2k range which it was in the beginning

Also when you can start buying all t6 armor and weapons for you and your companions early mid game + bribe who ever you want you know something is wrong with the system ^^ But then on the other hand you also need something as said to maintain your army later on which ofc should be with more castles, towns and business.

If they are gonna lower the item cost more they should also make it so that you can loose some part of your weapons, equipment, horse and armor when you're defeated just like in warband in my opinion. And make top difficulty in the game iron man saves so you cant go around it :wink:

As i said its tricky to balance the economic to an good balance since it should be an enjoyable game to all in all.
They really need to sit down and find a some how an solid solution and ground not just adjust it here and there and hope it will be alight in the end,.since that takes more time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom