SP - General Make Horse Archers Circle in WIDE circles and avoid enemies, like they used to, before you ruined them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Horse archers on charge behave too stupidly and clumsily now, they used to be better but you purposefully made them go closer to enemies. You also made them switch to melee at a longer range. This makes some of them always wander off and die, wasting the players time. We didn't order that so it shouldn't happen. This isn't a slot machine, we expect units to do what they're told 100%.

Further more on "fallow me" they make no effort not to ride into enemies, so it's very difficult to manually drag them around enemies as they try to stay in a big wide formation.

When told to move to location they also will ride through enemies at take losses (this is true for all units.)

Please make Horse archer ALWAYS avoid enemies and use ranged weapons until out of ammunition. Whether on Charge, Fallow or Move, make them avoid enemies.

Any devs reading this: What is the role for Horse Archers that you designed them for?

Currently they are only fully effective used just as normal archers in a stationary position. Is this what you intend? Or do you actually expect the player to accept pointless unit losses because of negative updates to their performance? Please consider reverting them to their former behavior. This change is strictly worse for the player and doesn't effect the AI at all, as they will always use "advance" order for HA anyways.

I agree. They should avoid enemy melee units at all cost.

I wonder if they made them the way they are (a bit stupid) intentionally so as to give chance to melee units.

This is the result of a lowered AI (the effectiveness of HA units in the closed beta was higher) and the lack of a command to focus enemy units.

Also, I think the group behavioural function should take precedence over the individual; I mean:
Terco_Viejo said:
I like the way the main behavior of this type of unit is programmed. I like that they form a rotating circle by keeping the enemy inside while firing at it. What I don't like is that once the projectiles run out, the AI decides to charge on their own. I think they should be programmed to keep circling with their comrades until they all run out of ammunition. Once this happens, it would be more logical for the formation to look for the player as a "follow me". Assuming that the player has been killed, then yes, carry out the charge (source)

Back
Top Bottom