SP - General make cultural feats a function of troop percentage

Users who are viewing this thread

D0c1

Knight at Arms
instead of having cultural bonuses affecting lords and player depending on their starting culture, tie them to troops cultures instead.
so khuzait speed bonus won't take effect unless you have a set percentage of khuzait troops, sturgian snow bonus won't kick in unless you have a set percentage, etc...
maybe make the bonus scale with troops percentages until you get the full bonus when you have 80% of same culture troops or something.

instead of having cultural bonuses affecting lords and player depending on their starting culture, tie them to troops cultures instead.
so khuzait speed bonus won't take effect unless you have a set percentage of khuzait troops, sturgian snow bonus won't kick in unless you have a set percentage, etc...
Makes sense! My speed- buffed Kuzhait lord with Vlandian troops makes no sense!
maybe make the bonus scale with troops percentages until you get the full bonus when you have 80% of same culture troops or something.
Could be nice, with small/tiny buffes from several faction when having 33/33/33 ratio :smile: Or it can simply start at 51%

That’s a neat idea. I wonder what the ideal percentage would be? @Tryvenyal 51% makes sense to me, as would 66% or 80%. I don’t know that it would affect AI behavior any (are lords really going to start recruiting back in their homeland to get their bonus?) but it would diminish their own bonuses as they conquer further away. Which may be another way to impact snowballing, long-term, as @mexxico has long been working on. Although things seem stable in this area right now. I’d favor the cultural bonuses only working for lords of a kingdom.

An aside, but do mercenaries take on the cultural bonuses of the kingdoms they join?

I agree with this and think mercenaries whould keep their cultural bonus otherwise they loose their appeal.

Back
Top Bottom