Make core game work and leave the rest to modders - TW strategy?

Users who are viewing this thread

VanCrio

Recruit
Like in the title.

Is it just me or is TW strategy for this game is to patch and polish the basic core functions that are implemented now and leave the making of more content to modders?

Like in the title.

Is it just me or is TW strategy for this game is to patch and polish the basic core functions that are implemented now and leave the making of more content to modders?
It's not just you, as you may notice the same thought is in almost every thread on the forum. I think it's broadly mistaken.

Some stuff will always be left to modders, because different players want different things from the game. The base game has to cater to all, while a player chooses which mods to install.

nah, obviously they want the base game to work smoothly and as bug-free as possible and that's top priority, later on they can add a bit more immersive details and features when all is working flawlessly, can't wait for rebellions and civil wars they said are coming later on for example.

when the game is fully released mods will make it shine for years but the base has to be solid and fun for it to happen, anyway one doesn't exclude the other, mods will be used to cater to your personal tastes but the base is already there and it isn't barebones like people who played 400 hours and then refunded like to claim lol

nah, obviously they want the base game to work smoothly and as bug-free as possible and that's top priority, later on they can add a bit more immersive details and features when all is working flawlessly, can't wait for rebellions and civil wars they said are coming later on for example.

when the game is fully released mods will make it shine for years but the base has to be solid and fun for it to happen, anyway one doesn't exclude the other, mods will be used to cater to your personal tastes but the base is already there and it isn't barebones like people who played 400 hours and then refunded like to claim lol
Agree...

If it is, its not a terrible strategy. Fleshing out all the little details has never been TW's strongest suit. I'm fine with it if the base game stands as kind of a basic template for modders to build their own worlds on. As long as the core foundation is solid, then the content will come.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom