SP - General Make Bannerlord Great. Part 4: Improving sieges for cities (battle within a city); Living world and perks; Sound during combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Improving sieges for cities (battle within a city)
78.)Make it possible to retreat to the city and hold the defense there, having previously fortified the position.
There is no need to make any captures of points, the goals of attackers and defenders are quite simple. Kill all defenders for attackers and vice versa. For example: you play for defense, your army is 400 fighters, of which 300 are archers, the enemy has 700 fighters. Your goal is to kill the largest number of enemy units before they reach the wall, if they reached the wall and you killed 200-300 enemy fighters, and 50-100 of your fighters died and you understand that you cannot hold the walls, you just press Tab and press the button to retreat to the city (when we press the button to retreat to the city, our soldiers retreat to the pre-scripted positions), where you have placed barricades or ballistae in advance and instead of defending a large wall, you will only need to hold 2 passage. In total there will be 2 passages that need to be protected and you, as a commander, will have to run back and forth to see if the defense has been broken through (accordingly, there will be 2 points where you can put defensive structures).
IhHqwg1.jpg
Click on the "prepare defense inside the city" button and a menu appears:
yD25dkb.jpg
J1uJmoY.jpg
UyXZEMj.jpg
Note: 1)To see where the passages A and B are located, you can walk around the city by pressing Alt and they will be highlighted (only when the city is under siege in peacetime, the passages will not be highlighted).2)You can install both 2 ballistae and 2 barricades.
KcvJ1jr.jpg
What the barricades look like:
53vEDFU.jpg
eddrXOx.jpg
ZQLVqw6.jpg
What ballistas look like:
aJKDGGm.jpg
3NEfmjq.png
Living world and perks
79)Lords buy workshops, thereby making us a competition; bandits are fighting for power in cities; merchants create alliances with each other; lords create / enter into dynasties, actively fight for power in the state.
80)Other lords themselves offer the player a wedding, regardless of gender, offer a wedding when a certain level of renown is reached.
81)The player can be jailed for crimes if you are caught in the city.
82)After the killing of all the lords in the kingdom, the unconquered settlements are not transferred to another kingdom, but remain independent, while constable and castellan become lords, also, if the kingdom had an absolute monarchy, then it turns into an elective monarchy.
83)If your criminal rating reaches a certain threshold, then bounty hunters can be sent after you to kill you.
84)Periodically, after a certain time, a neutral clan will appear on the global map, which can join any kingdom.
Perks
85)Perk "Everything has a price" change to another or make it more accessible.
86)A small bonus for 5 points of focus in the skill. For example: in the skill "One handed" we have 5 focus points and get a + 2% bonus to damage dealt.
Sound during combat
87)Add passive audio source:
  • The sound of march and armor on foot soldiers (the sound should be layered on top of each other, the more soldiers, the heavier the sound) (there is a sound of marching in the game, but it is very quiet and you can hear it when the soldiers are 20-30 meters away from you)
  • The sound of horse hooves (when the riders are running at you) (the game also has the sound of hooves, but you can hear it at a distance of 80-90 meters), neighing horses (when the horses are standing still or walking slowly) (the sound should be layered than more horses the more spacious the sound)
  • Horn sound when reinforcements (allied and enemy) spawn, make several options for the player and give him the opportunity to choose what kind of horn sound will be personally at the beginning of the game

The horns can also be used in other cases. For example: when during the siege we or the enemy destroyed the gate, there will be a sound of a horn (it will automatically sound).
  • Add the sound of the scream of a soldier whose limb was chopped off.
  • Add units with drums, they will complement the sound of the march.

P.S.:The sound during combat is a very important aspect for large battles and sieges, as it immerses the player in the atmosphere of the battle. The sound of troopers and horses' hooves will tell us that enemy soldiers are running at us, we will intuitively understand this even if we do not see it. The sound of the horn will indicate that the allied / enemy (depending on the sound) has arrived, because in the heat of the battle it is not clear whether reinforcements have arrived or not. The sound of soldiers screaming and drums will add more atmosphere. It is a mistake to think that audio is the least important thing in games. It is the sound that conveys the nature of the battle, and not the number of soldiers on the battlefield. You can make a 200vs200 battle with normal sound, where an important detail is thought out and has its own sound, or you can make a 2000vs2000 battle, but with minimal sound, the first battle will be much more epic than the second, because it lacks the dynamic and immersive sound that could convey the sound of battle. We should hear the sound from afar, as the soldiers stomp and the horses run, now we hear the sound only when we are near the sound source, this should not be so.
m8ZoghN.png
88.)Change emotions / add battle cries. At the moment, "emotions" are no different from each other, I would like something better in terms of sound. I suggest adding battle cries / replacing emotions with: 2 cries while moving (short and long, soldiers will walk and make sounds until you give them the command "none") and 2 cries while standing still (short and long, soldiers will stand still and make sounds until you give them the command "none").
rxJJoPi.jpg
Examples of battle cries:

Plot and lore
89)Add a new quest:
I suggest giving the player 2 unique companions:
  • If we support Arzagos: he will offer us to find the dark knights who began to rebuild their power after the decline of the empire (according to the lore, it will be a foreign mercenary group sent to Calradia to destabilize the stop, which ambushed the army, destroyed food supplies, and raised riots).
  • If we support Istiana: she will offer us to find noble knights who, after the collapse of the empire, began to lose their power and power and defect to different parts of Calradia (according to lore, this will be a detachment founded by Emperor Arenik to hunt the dark knights and protect the state, which in the end caught or killed most of the leaders of the dark knights, but as it turns out not all).
P.S.:You can do something similar for the sandbox.
ma0QKrW.png
EnvSbXd.png
90)Add to the global map the old ruins of Battania castles on the territory of the empire, for a larger immersion why the empire is bad for Arzagos (and find items in the ruins)
Vjv3jIC.jpg
91)From what event did the countdown start in the game? I suggest that the countdown began with the first conquest of Calradia by the emperor [...].
92)Intro at the beginning of the game, after creating a character (only for the campaign) (including the top sentence (91)).
Other mechanics
93)Make different spawns when our or enemy spawn is captured.
eCMqqrV.png
94)Make negative debuffs that appear after a while, the older the character becomes, the more serious the negative modifiers, the more the character is, the less experience he gets and over time skills begin to deteriorate. At a certain age, the character stops improving his skills (70-80 years) and then over time his skills gradually deteriorate.
95)Make a claim system for settlements. There are 3 types of claims: strong, medium, and minor. You only get a claim some time later, after you have captured a new settlement(a minor claim appears after 1 month of control of a settlement, an medium claim after 2 months and a strong claim after 4 months, and also vice versa if you have a settlement and you have strong claim, then the claim will weaken by an medium one after 1 month, after 2 months your claim for settlement will become minor and after 4 months your claim for settlement will disappear). The claim affects how strongly a newly conquered settlement revolts.
Xf1PCCm.png
Hover the cursor over the icon and a description menu appears:
oidxW0d.png
96)Sea of blood in battle, the ability to chop off limbs.
EfIS3gV.jpg
H6bSMjz.jpg
97)The king and field marshal can rule other armies of lords for influence.
K0hAuUe.jpg
XwjRzG5.png
98.)The ability to take captured soldiers from allied lords for influence and money (if you are a faction leader, the price will be slightly lower). In dialogue with the lord: "I would like to take some of your captives."
99)The opportunity to receive a ransom for a prisoner who is in your prison or is in captivity in your squad. To get the ransom, you need to talk to the prisoner and ask if he wants to pay for his freedom, if he agrees, then we are transferred to the barter menu, where we bargain with the prisoner for his freedom.
100)The ability to leave your soldiers in the training camp so that they automatically increase their level by +1. Make more training camps all over the map, 1 for each faction. You can only leave soldiers for training once a week, and your troops can get injured during training.
101)Game settings. The game has a lot of ambiguous combat mechanics that are in MP, but are absent in SP, why not let the players themselves choose what they want to see in the game? For example: in MP, a horse knocks down a person, but in SP it does not. We can turn these features on and off whenever we want. This is how it will look:
i3XefcJ.jpg
That is, if we want the horses to knock the soldiers down, then we turn on this mechanic, but if someone is enraged by this mechanic, then he simply turns it off and that's it, everyone is happy.
Not only these 2 functions we can choose, but all other mechanics related to the battle should be. For example: the ability to inflict damage on 2 opponents in 1 hit. And much more (I'm too lazy to list them).
102)When we receive a quest, add the ability to set a price for completing a quest (of course, with a certain limitation). This may be due to the fame of the character (come up with some kind of formula). For example: the initial reward for completing the quest is 900, we tell the character that we want a reward and the bargaining begins.
P.S.:
This table shows which mechanics are relevant to a specific topic.
ScenesPlayer, NPCs & TroopsEconomyWorld mapQuestsBattles & Sieges
1)Make the whole city playable.
2)Make more clear boundaries in cities into areas.
14)Realistic NPC in cities.
25)The player moves citizens.
26)Sounds of the city.
27)The ruler's banner.
28.)Top view of the entire city.
30)Add announcements.
3)Add the ability to buy property in the city.
4)Add fistfights.
5)Add horse racing.
6)Add shops: art shop, tailor, stable.
7)Add artisans: butcher, baker, furniture maker.
8.)Add city factions: thieves, courtesans, mercenaries, militia.
9)Add the ability to order a song and a drink.
10)Add more NPCs to the tavern.
11)Add authority in the pub.
12)Add servants.
13)Add a master blacksmith.
15)The ability to donate food to the city.
16)Enter the city with 2-3 companions.
17)The ability to execute a prisoner in prison.
18.)The opportunity to be the governor.
19)Enter the city with the peasants.
20)Order a drink at a tavern and drink it.
21)Add cape for civilian outfit.
22)Add nice expensive clothes.
23)Add a black market.
24)Add hidden armor.
29)Add random events in cities.
31)The opportunity to refuse the settlement.
32)Fine for the absence of the governor.
33)Make a limit on the number of fiefs.
34)Fiefs increase the size of the army.
35)Choose who will get the settlement.
36)Add a menu for the workshop.
37)Improved workshop menu in the "Clan-Other" tab.
40)Player's camp.
41)The ability to call mercenaries into the army.
42)The ability to conclude contracts with mercenaries.
45)Add officials.
46)Character life paths.
47)Renown of the character.
48.)Add special character traits to the game.
49)Add moral values.
50)The ability to create a vassal clan and dynasty.
51)Your children can betray you.
52)Play as the child of a hero who is not yet eighteen years old.
53)Let our children find their own spouses.
54)Make it possible to marry all NPCs.
55)Function to choose a spouse for our companion.
56)Influence for marriage.
57)Choose learning skills for your child.
58.)Make events with children.
59)Espionage.
71)The ability to bribe the lord.
72)You can appoint your vassal clan to rule the kingdom.
73)Add simple laws.
74)Add the ability to create an empire.
75)Add an elective monarchy.
76) Add to the adoption of the law, a strip on which you can see how strongly the people support this law.
77) Add 2 labels to the "Policies" menu.
79)Living world.
80)Other lords themselves offer the player a wedding.
81)The player can be jailed for crimes.
82)Constable and castellan become lords if other clans are destroyed.
83)Bounty hunters can hunt you to kill.
84)Periodically, after a certain time, a neutral clan will appear on the global map, which can join any kingdom.
85)Perk "Everything has a price" change to another or make it more accessible.
86)A small bonus for 5 points of focus in the skill.
87)Add passive audio source.
88.)Change emotions / add battle cries.
91-92)Improvements to the plot.
93)Make different spawns.
94)Make negative debuffs.
95)Make a claim system for settlements.
96)More blood in battles, the ability to chop off limbs.
97)The king and field marshal can rule other armies.
98.)The ability to take captured soldiers from allied lords.
99)The opportunity to receive a ransom for a prisoner.
100)The ability to leave your soldiers in the training camp.
101)Game settings.
102)Add the ability to set a price for completing a quest.
38.)Make passive income-investments.
39)The ability to buy land in villages.
40)Player's camp.
43)Make a secret base of mercenaries.
44)Add a capital for each faction.
60-70)Diplomacy. Types of alliances and diplomatic interaction with other countries.
90)Add to the global map the old ruins of Battania castles.
89)Add a new quest.78.)Battle within a city.

Some functions are strongly related to each other. For example: 33)Make a limit on the number of fiefs. and 50)dynasty. These 2 functions are very closely related, since when the player's clan receives the maximum possible number of fiefs (4-5), then in order to further increase our influence in the kingdom we will need to create our own dynasty, after which we will give fiefs to our vassal clans, thereby increasing your power in the kingdom, you can also create a kingdom consisting only of your vassal clans, that is, there will be your clan and 3 vassal clans and in total you can single-handedly own 16 settlements (this is, among other things, the whole kingdom of Vlandia) (imagine that you are a member of the empire where your dynasty completely controls all of Vlandia).
Here is the entire list of related functions:
1)Capitalism: 3), 39) + workshops, 40) II. It is an advanced interaction with the world's economy. We do not just buy workshops, we can also buy land in villages to produce resources for workshops, we can also buy warehouses or build our camps on the global map to store goods and do logistics.
2)Interaction with the horse: 5), 6) 3. By winning races, we will receive bonus points for the horse, which, in turn, we can spend in the stable. This is necessary for the player to become attached to his horse, to make it more unique among all other horses. Something like crafting, only we will be engaged in crossing horses and selling them.
3)The renown of the character: 47), 48.), 50), 80), 102). Character renown is also needed in the following mechanics: special character traits, creating a vassal clan, other lords offer you a wedding and the ability to set a price for completing a quest.
4)Espionage: 59), 7), 8.), 12), 45), 49). Espionage is the main mechanic that requires NPCs (7, 8, 12, 45). Another mechanic is separated from espionage (49).
5)Relationship with your child(not education): 51), 58.). Your relationship with your child depends on what response options you chose during the events.
6)Vassal clans: 50), 72). Dynasty is the main mechanic that another function depends on. You can appoint your vassal clan to rule the kingdom after the death of your current ruler.

I don't want the game to get out of Early Access quickly, and I also don’t understand why rush out of Early Access.
I also think that all these mechanics should be in Native. I have carefully considered each mechanic and I think the game needs them. I also removed about 30KB of information from thread(I didn't like some of them or I couldn't write them in full).
Info
Do you need a Bannerlord like this?
Please comment, your opinion is important to me, report errors in the text, if any. ask questions.
Le4UOSx.png

Last edited:
That's some impressive amount of input.
Some thoughts on the retreating into town part: would you imageine that there is any disadvantge to doing that? For example, more damage to the town parts the enemy soldiers run through freely? Because without any disadvanteages, it seems to me, the optimal way to play the siege defense would always be
1. Do maximum damage with archers and siege from walls while the attackers approach
2. Retreat into town to barricades, defednign to (presumably) more manageable chokepoints.

Therefore making it not a decison of whether one retreats to the barricades, but when one retreats to the barricades, which seems kinda one-dimensional to me.

That's some impressive amount of input.
Some thoughts on the retreating into town part: would you imageine that there is any disadvantge to doing that? For example, more damage to the town parts the enemy soldiers run through freely? Because without any disadvanteages, it seems to me, the optimal way to play the siege defense would always be
1. Do maximum damage with archers and siege from walls while the attackers approach
2. Retreat into town to barricades, defednign to (presumably) more manageable chokepoints.

Therefore making it not a decison of whether one retreats to the barricades, but when one retreats to the barricades, which seems kinda one-dimensional to me.
I reckon it would be good if there is a chance to lose an amount of soldiers in the streets when retreating, would make sense that in the disorder some would get lost or captured, and that would make it a trade off whether you choose to defend the walls or fortify the town.

I think seamless transition to city street fighting would be the most ideal method. I've suggested they implement spawn zones, and invisible capture zones. The reinforcement spawns for defenders are in the middle of the city at different locations, so they have to make their way to the walls and gate instead of spawning right behind it like at the start of the battle. Once a wall/tower and the gate is captured, the spawn moves to the keep, and the AI will then try to defend zones throughout the city. Meanwhile, attacker siege weapons will stop firing. Attackers will then move to capture the zones in the middle of the city. Once those zones are captured, defenders will stop spawning and retreat to the keep to defend the outside perimeter. Attackers meanwhile will keep spawning, but still at the siege camp, making it a long way to the keep. This gives the defenders an opportunity to recapture the city zones, and possibly even the walls and gate.

Great built argument, great ideas, great example
Hope that atleast the devs will see this thread as it shows how much effort you put into it.
Saddest thing is that since i first played the game i never experienced a siege defender side as the AI only sieges if they have atleast 2-3 times the number of defenders...

Back
Top Bottom