SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

its not fast, at best its acceptable, but i think its far too slow. In order to see my grandkids grow up i need to play 200 hours? Come on. In a warband playthrough Im pretty sure i never played 200 hours, max was like 150 or something. The entire system of generating heirs etc is pointless if u just get 2 generations
I do not understand why you play a Mount and Blade game if you are not willing to invest hours into a campaign its how this games meant to be played??????????

its not fast, at best its acceptable, but i think its far too slow. In order to see my grandkids grow up i need to play 200 hours? Come on. In a warband playthrough Im pretty sure i never played 200 hours, max was like 150 or something. The entire system of generating heirs etc is pointless if u just get 2 generations

True. Ideally you'd want an heir to come of age 20-30 hours max into any playthrough. So by 100 hours you'd have 3-4 generations already. I'm sure a mod will get it right, but TW really should implement at least a family tree UI as the encyclopedia is unusable for dynasties/extended families.

It's a new concept, playing a "clan" rather than just one dude. It's different but interesting imo. I just hope the campaign speed is balanced around it, I dont want to search for my little brother and sister and then find them 20 years later as adults

Last edited:
I do not understand why you play a Mount and Blade game if you are not willing to invest hours into a campaign its how this games meant to be played??????????
What are you on about, usually conquering the entirety of the map took less than 200 hours in warband. So im saying aging is too slow if youve completed the game and you only have 2 generations after the one you started.

30 days a year is horrible.
30 days a season, 120 days a year would okish i guess.
This is exactly what i was afraid of when i first read this "have children" thing.
You're feeling constantly under time pressure.

edit:
As you can see from posts like mine and from Twezie, it also divides different playstyles.
It is always a bad thing for a sandbox game to force a kind of playstyle upon the player.
Twezie likes to effectivly conquer the map (what can be fun too, ofc).
Others like to roleplay their char for 500 hours.
Both should be possible, M&B was always a game that gave its player a freedom unknown in other games.

Aging is just not something I want in a game about playing my character, singular, period. I'm just waiting for the modding kit to be released and see if there can be an easier way to turn it off.
As mentioned earlier, the number of in-game days per year is probably hard-coded. If lucky that could still be just a few numbers littering about the code, and maybe a TweakMB-esque tool can be used to adjust it to any number I want.

Aging is way to fast especially since I tend to play the game at a slower pace than most. Also while I think the whole dynasty thing is kind of cool, I kind of want to have the option to just play my main character throughout the whole campaign. It would be nice to have an option to slow down aging significantly.

I support the idea of having three options:
- Fast, which imo is the current situation with 30 days a year, but this could of course be lowered;
- Slow/"Realistic," with 120 days a year as Wolfsblut proposed, or this could be longer, ie 365 days;
- Indefinite, where aging/dying of age is simply not a factor.
This would presumably work to accommodate the various different playstyles.

+1 for choosing my player's starting age, 30yo in medieval setting is already pretty old

Are people just coming on here and spouting BS without actually knowing anything? Seriously, what game are you playing? There ARE NOT 30 days in a year. Each season has 21 days, do the math. So why are people spreading lies? I am on day 104 and I am 32. You probably age at the beginning of each new year. I also have about 15 hours into the game. So growing 2 years older in that time span is not that big of a deal.

Err, even if you got to 1000 game days, you would only be about 11 or 12 years older than you started. Even at 2000 game days, you still would be fine playing your character at 50 something. So it isn't really time pressure. People are overreacting. Let us say I played for 10 hours and am at 104 days, (time played is 15 but let's say some of that was wasted time). It would take me 100 hours to get to 1000 days and my character would still be alive and well.

It seems to me like 1 year is around 100 in-game days. I have not confirmed this yet.

Hey I just stated in my previous answer that each season is 21 days, 4 seasons x 21 days equals 84 days. Each year is 84 days. I think there are four seasons although I can't confirm 100% at this time. I can definitely confirm that summer and autumn both have 21 days because I am on day 21 of summer right now and I waited through all of autumn to be certain it also had 21 days.

Err, even if you got to 1000 game days, you would only be about 11 or 12 years older than you started. Even at 2000 game days, you still would be fine playing your character at 50 something. So it isn't really time pressure. People are overreacting. Let us say I played for 10 hours and am at 104 days, (time played is 15 but let's say some of that was wasted time). It would take me 100 hours to get to 1000 days and my character would still be alive and well.
I read, a devblog or post from way back when you age every 82 days and they are still looking to make adjustments. If you could tell, when I made my comment I was only 62 days in and aged up from 30 to 32 guessing there is a time jump somewhere in the main story. However since then I have not aged at all. My only issue with the aging now is starting at 30. That is just way to old for medieval times, and if there is a time jump to 32. The average person that lived in those times lived to 31.3 .... see my issue. Aging a year every 90 days is pretty decent though. And about having a heir. When I die in real life do I come back as my son? That doesn't fit my playstyle, I love to spend time with my games and characters to get to know and develop them. I plan on spending 1000s of hours with my character and just don't want them to get old too quickly and die.

I don't think you could really play one play through thousands of hours though? That would literally be like hundreds of years of in game time. Doesn't make much sense. I mean 100 hours will get you somewhere around 10 to 15 years of in game time. so 1000 hours would be like 100 years of in game time.

This is such a deal breaker for me, i cant believe they didn't make it optional. Timed life is just something i hate in video games. It's so unfortunate to have to wait for mods after waiting so many years for new mount and blade.

Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. In my opinion the whole clan/family/children aspect of the game is much more important. I like the idea of continuing as my heir if I die and continuing the family line, etc.

I don't think you could really play one play through thousands of hours though? That would literally be like hundreds of years of in game time. Doesn't make much sense. I mean 100 hours will get you somewhere around 10 to 15 years of in game time. so 1000 hours would be like 100 years of in game time.
Yeah pretty much, 50 years with me and 50 years with my son, I played 500 hrs on Prophesy of Pendor. It might honestly take fully release and mods to happen but yeah, I plan on spending that much time ingame doing whatever I can to stretch the game to it

Back
Top Bottom