SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Playing as a Lady vassal. I think she needs to start at 20 or at the most 25 . by the time I earn money to marry and find the right guy I am 35.

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

Great news! The first baby in Calradia has been born! Yay!

The mother, is us, the player, a woman named Boudicca: a caravan raider hailing from the misty foothills of Battania. On our travels (read: raids), we managed to steal the heart of Usair, an Aserai warlord who sports a proud moustache.

The proud parents, Usair and Boudicca

On the 20th of November, 1084 (the year of the Camel), the heavens blessed our union with the honour of parenting the very first child on the shores of Calradia!

Please, allow us to introduce our daughter, Ruwa, who as of now is still a babe, but we spared no expense and commissioned the best portraitist in the court of Unqid, the Sultan of Aserai, who believes she will look something a little like this by the age of 10.

Ruwa (the Children of Men)

Her beautiful face was derived from the features (facekeys) of her father and mother, with a small amount of randomness thrown into the mix. And thus, she has a unique face(key) which will retain traits of her parents into adulthood. And, it is not just the facial traits that she will inherit from her parents, but also our wealth and lands too, which we worked tirelessly to accumulate through entirely legitimate means.

As she grows, we will be able to spend more time with her, interact with her, share our experiences and skills with her, and develop her into a fine young woman.

Clan Boudicca is much more complete now!

On a more serious note, we are extremely excited to be able to share this with you. Children are something we have been working on for some time now and to finally see them implemented and working in-game has been a really rewarding experience. We have plenty to talk about in terms of dynasties and how children will work as a feature in the game, but we will save that for a later date.

There is other mentions I found this in seconds.

!
Oh, you mean from a DevBlog that's posted scrapped build videos and announced features that weren't implemented because of issues?

That's not advertising. It's not mentioned on the Features list on the official Bannerlord website, or on any of the store pages. Nice try, though!

I don't think I've seen anyone claim to have done a single playthrough long enough to have their character actually die.

edit: and in the incredibly rare situation where you get executed, you don't have to re-level; you get to choose between your spouse or your companions. I picked playing as my spouse because she had better stats anyway.
Assuming I wasted my time chasing and marrying a virtual wife, and that the companions weren't leveled and developed in a way to add different abilities and skillsets to the group. Regardless, when the option is wasting the many hours of a character you created and developed to be replaced by a generic generated companion, it's still a major downgrade and goes against legacy M&B titles and the advertised 'play how you want' highlighted feature. I'd like to play the game without a mandatory expiration date on my character. Didn't have that issue before.

Last edited:
Then turn off "Enable Death."

Afaik, that only stops you from dying in combat, but you'll still die of old age.

I know this topic has been discussed at length, but I only registered here for this, so here are my 2 cents, anyway:

I love the Mount & Blade games and I've been really looking forward to Bannerlord. However, having my character die of old age spoils the whole thing for me and if I can't at least turn it off, I simply won't buy the game. It takes all the fun out for me, no matter if my character can grow to be 150 years old. I just don't like it. It's pressuring me in a way I don't want a game to pressure me. So I'd really appreciate the option to disable that.

I'm not under the illusion that me saying "I won't buy the game" is gonna get me what I want. I'm just stating my point of view and I'm just a single customer asking for it to be optional.

Thank you :smile:

Afaik, that only stops you from dying in combat, but you'll still die of old age.

I know this topic has been discussed at length, but I only registered here for this, so here are my 2 cents, anyway:

I love the Mount & Blade games and I've been really looking forward to Bannerlord. However, having my character die of old age spoils the whole thing for me and if I can't at least turn it off, I simply won't buy the game. It takes all the fun out for me, no matter if my character can grow to be 150 years old. I just don't like it. It's pressuring me in a way I don't want a game to pressure me. So I'd really appreciate the option to disable that.

I'm not under the illusion that me saying "I won't buy the game" is gonna get me what I want. I'm just stating my point of view and I'm just a single customer asking for it to be optional.

Thank you :smile:

Then don't buy the game?

The feature is here and people need to learn to accept.. Its on the project and agenda, so I hope they develop this even more and fin the perfect balance for the game.

I don't think it's "ageing too fast", it's wonderful and perfect the way they settled it, a nice rate of growth, birth and ageing. The game is not only about you now, it's about your clan and dynasty and how far you go into it.

I'm sure, some disocnt ppl will mod the game to take away this feature, but then the game will be incomplete and boring with the same ppl over and over.. Each new AI hero and npc represents a different kind of "people".

To me, of ocurse it needs lot more of work in this, but so far is upgrading nicely

Then don't buy the game?

But I like the other aspects of the game, which is why I'd like to be able to play it. Hence why I wrote here. Replying "then don't buy it" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The feature is here and people need to learn to accept.. Its on the project and agenda, so I hope they develop this even more and fin the perfect balance for the game.

Did I say they should get rid of it? No. I simply ask for an option to disable it, nothing more. You can still enjoy the whole thing how it was intended. I just want an option.

I don't think it's "ageing too fast", it's wonderful and perfect the way they settled it, a nice rate of growth, birth and ageing. The game is not only about you now, it's about your clan and dynasty and how far you go into it.

And I'm sure you'll have great fun with it. I won't this way, which is why I'm asking for an option that wouldn't change the game for YOU in the slightest.

I'm sure, some disocnt ppl will mod the game to take away this feature, but then the game will be incomplete and boring with the same ppl over and over.. Each new AI hero and npc represents a different kind of "people".

To me, of ocurse it needs lot more of work in this, but so far is upgrading nicely

Again, this is your opinion and I simply don't share it. I have no idea why you feel the need to argue against something that would allow others to enjoy the game in a way that doesn't affect YOUR gameplay whatsoever. How does me being able to disable death by aging alter YOUR gameplay experience?

It seems to me like you feel the need to defend the game in its current state as if I'm criticizing the whole thing, and in the process invalidating how I feel about it. I'm sure it's great for you, but I'm not you. I want different things from Bannerlord than you do.

I was encouraged by one of their community managers to post it on this forum, so I assume they at least care to some degree about feedback like this.

Back
Top Bottom