Resolved Major donate troops flaw/exploit lets the player take all troops from allied lord's party

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: So there is mechanic in the game that allows you to donate your own troops to the parties of npc lords in your faction, including mercenary clans who have been hired. This mechanic has a major flaw. When you open the menu to donate troops to a lord, the game apparently allows you to take all of the lord's troops for free, without penalty. You can receive hundreds of free troops in this manner at the expense of your allies.

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Join a faction. This only works with allied lords.
  2. Go to a town or castle with a lord inside who has a war party.
  3. In the menu screen for the settlement, click the tray in the UI that will show all of the npc parties staying in the town. This replaces the portraits of notables with the portraits of villagers/caravans/nobles/garrisons/militias.
  4. Click the portrait of an allied lord with the troops that you want for yourself. Only works for noble npc parties, not garrisons/caravans/militias etc. This works for mercenary nobles who have been hired by your faction as well.
  5. Click the "Donate Troops" button to bring up the party screen for both parties.
  6. Click the top arrow above the npc's party to take all troops, or select only the ones you want.
  7. Press Done.
You have now successfully stolen troops from your ally's party without consequences. I tried doing a search to see if someone has posted about this before, but it seems like I'm the first to notice it (or at least post about it). I don't know how long this one has been around, but there have been issues with the donate troops button in the past that were fixed. I think it's pretty obvious why this is so massively exploitable.

Media: Here are some images of the procedure.

jsvb3.png

boIqO.png

fz3I1.png

3YLCg.png

GmI8w.png

Back
Top Bottom