Major Crafted weapon exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

I have never understood why people worry about these sort of things in a single player game. I can literally download a simple mod that allows me to edit my in game money to whatever value I want if I want to "exploit" the game. If however I think that ruins my fun in the game, I don't download and use the mod to change my in game money amounts. Same for this exploit. If you think of it as an exploit and it will ruin your fun to do it, don't do it.
Because I like the idea of the smithing system, and I want to play as a smith, travel around and sell my crafts. But at the same time I want it to feel balanced and satisfying. Not print infinite money for no effort.

Because I like the idea of the smithing system, and I want to play as a smith, travel around and sell my crafts. But at the same time I want it to feel balanced and satisfying. Not print infinite money for no effort.
It can definitely be improved, but that is already doable (particularly since they fixed crafted junk appearing elsewhere in game). Key self-imposed rule is to only craft items within your crafting skill (the penalties for going beyond your skill aren't penalising enough).

Only total noobs use smithing honestly. Once i found out how broken it was i never touched it again. It should only be used to create items for yourself to use.
This is pretty true. Once you've improved enough to able to make enough money elsewhere (loot, quests, passive income) and don't need to make money from smithing - even if you avoid the really unbalanced items - the main reason to do it disappears. The focus points can be used better elsewhere, and it becomes too grindy to level up just to unlock the specs to create a particular item when you've got the income to buy them.

This is pretty true. Once you've improved enough to able to make enough money elsewhere (loot, quests, passive income) and don't need to make money from smithing - even if you avoid the really unbalanced items - the main reason to do it disappears. The focus points can be used better elsewhere, and it becomes too grindy to level up just to unlock the specs to create a particular item when you've got the income to buy them.
Nah, i simply do not touch it from the get go. Its just too noob for my taste lol.

Battain noble armor cost 500k+
head around 250k
Bows 200k+
Just some types that is really expensive

If you play like me and behead your enemies - At some point when u lose a fight they will take you head aswell (playing with death enabled ofc)
So those expensive items will be lost

Crafting seems like a way to use alot of time to get an advance - for some time
Selling a crafted item for 100k + then getting 10-40k from a town in raw gold an buy materials/armor for the rest to max out what you get for each trade.
Reselling some materials for profits and selling bought armors for a way lower resell price

Sometimes i spend hours going around sellling and buying to have the money to go to War as i got daily expenses way over my budget
you just sell to a twon or king ond ya dont care if ya go over because javlins are as cheap as dirt to make and sell for 100k also you sell javlins when you are buying expensive weapons and armour as they will prevent the money from being taken from your bank

There is a perk from the trade skill that allows you to buy towns & castles for money. A town can cost several millions, so it's useful for easy conquest :razz:
You have to hit 300 skill in trade and that take quite a bit of doing.

As for the money you make in game, I finally figured out why you make so much of it and that is how costly it is to actually run a kingdom. Generally speaking I always play as a Vassal, never a King so never understood how much money you actually spend as a King but finally took the plunge a few days ago and let me tell you, 2 million gold went away in a heartbeat.

First you have to "Bribe" lords to join your faction. If you have really good relations, the cost isn't that bad but unless relations are really high, it costs an arm and a leg. I recruited all the lords that had made my friends list because I needed lords as quickly as possible. I think an 80 relation cost me only like 25k but to recruit a 15 relation, Tier 5 lord cost me like 500k, a Tier 6 15 relation cost me over a million and as your kingdom grows your going to need more and more of these lords.

Then you have the cost of ending wars to consider. If you barter to end a war, and you will probably be forced to to it at some point just to bypass the council, it can cost huge amounts.

Then you need a pretty big treasury saved up because you will lose workshops, caravans and fiefs and find yourself operating in the negative while you try to get everything back under control.

I think I am finally starting to see that income is and has always been balanced against the logical end game, owning your own kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom