Major Crafted weapon exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

Naeris

Recruit
There are many crafted weapon exlpoits but ill talk about the most efficient wich is Javlins with teh harpoon head they sell for 106666 gold each without teh sell price perk in addition to this they will rapidly level up your charactors balcksmithing skills. but the biggest part of this exploit is that you can use them while bartering with lords(assuming that the lord is not in a settlement) this results in being able to easily buy peace, take all of a kings money, make lords defect, make lords like you and anything else taht can be gained from bartering.

this game i manage to craft 2H swords that sells for about 152 K. I upgrade my perk from 30 to 200 in a few seconds. Problem is no town has enough money / interesting items that cost 150+K denars. But, i will use it to barter defecting lords, thanks for the tip.

this game i manage to craft 2H swords that sells for about 152 K. I upgrade my perk from 30 to 200 in a few seconds. Problem is no town has enough money / interesting items that cost 150+K denars. But, i will use it to barter defecting lords, thanks for the tip.
I am pretty sure some high tier armors and noble bows go for more than that; if you can find them!

Right, i found a noble bow today (for the 1st time !!!) that sold for about 260k if i remember well, i was really happy to have so much 2H swords and javelins to sell... Otherwise it's useless (regarding trade). And it's something that i miss, to have a "money goal". Reaching severall millions of denars is not really usefull if you have no high tier weapons/armours to buy. I love to arrive in town, see a royal mail armor that i can't afford and have a goal to reach to come back later with more denars. But not in M&B :sad:

Well, just to optimize your ruthless exploitation of yourself and aid you in completely ridding yourself of your own fun:

- make a second party (or multiple)
- barter with the party leaders of your own clan's parties
- gift them all your crafted javelins
- watch their trade skill skyrocket as they sell them for you upon visiting the next town, without draining that town's budget
- enjoy your hundreds of thousands of daily income as they pay you back the sell price of those 'gifted' javelins over time as 'party income'.

Or, ya know, just decide upon a "never sell or barter crafted items" playthrough and play a super fun and challenging game while still wielding a lovingly customized gilden sword worthy of kings and queens..

Or, if selling javelins is still too difficult because you still have to search for items in shops, open the console and enter "config.cheat_mode 1" and just grab everything you'll ever need off the global cheat inventory. Much easier than javelins, actually.

It's your choice, really. The beauty of a singleplayer sandbox.

There are many crafted weapon exlpoits but ill talk about the most efficient wich is Javlins with teh harpoon head they sell for 106666 gold each without teh sell price perk in addition to this they will rapidly level up your charactors balcksmithing skills. but the biggest part of this exploit is that you can use them while bartering with lords(assuming that the lord is not in a settlement) this results in being able to easily buy peace, take all of a kings money, make lords defect, make lords like you and anything else taht can be gained from bartering.
So? Who gives a crap?

You have a choice as to whether to use it or not. Exercise that choice if you do not like it.

Right, i found a noble bow today (for the 1st time !!!) that sold for about 260k if i remember well, i was really happy to have so much 2H swords and javelins to sell... Otherwise it's useless (regarding trade). And it's something that i miss, to have a "money goal". Reaching severall millions of denars is not really usefull if you have no high tier weapons/armours to buy. I love to arrive in town, see a royal mail armor that i can't afford and have a goal to reach to come back later with more denars. But not in M&B :sad:
You can still do that, by not exploiting the smithing. If you want to smith but not exploit, set a rule not to craft anything beyond your smithing skill. You can still reach 150k+ weapons, but with a lot more effort...

I, litterally, buy the armor for the rest of the game, on about day 20 kf any playthrough...

...reinforced eastern armor or something like that. Stats like 16/3/3.

Because (a) weight to protection ratio, and (b) armor doesn't do jack vs. top tier weapons.

Basically, I only wear any armor at all to lessen the impact of looter rocks and soften glancing blows... a full bore hit from a top tier troop with a top tier weapon will kill you whatever you're wearing, so strip down and move faster.

well some things need to be changed in the game..im full geared up/horse and a damm militia/peasant withe a wood hammer/sickle can stop a horse charge and do a insane damage ...theres something quite wrong in there..

Or, ya know, just decide upon a "never sell or barter crafted items" playthrough and play a super fun and challenging game while still wielding a lovingly customized gilden sword worthy of kings and queens..

Or, if selling javelins is still too difficult because you still have to search for items in shops, open the console and enter "config.cheat_mode 1" and just grab everything you'll ever need off the global cheat inventory. Much easier than javelins, actually.
Never selling crafted items aint hard, never did that in Warband, and for the first couple of months into this game. I do mostly use Jav-crafting for leveling up companions, it is SO DAMN EASY to get to lvl 20 in like an hour or less. Heck, got a Western Empire play were I did that, he got the Tier 4 or 5 Javelin head at lvl 1. Spent all my money on pugios and hardwood. Smithed. Lvl 20 in just 3 days ingame or something.

Hm... I am going to do this again NOW and see how fast it can go. With some luck, less the 30 mins.

Ew, cheating.

Edit: 45 mins to lvl 20 with smithing
5yZrLlw.jpg

Last edited:
I have never understood why people worry about these sort of things in a single player game. I can literally download a simple mod that allows me to edit my in game money to whatever value I want if I want to "exploit" the game. If however I think that ruins my fun in the game, I don't download and use the mod to change my in game money amounts. Same for this exploit. If you think of it as an exploit and it will ruin your fun to do it, don't do it.

You can still do that, by not exploiting the smithing. If you want to smith but not exploit, set a rule not to craft anything beyond your smithing skill. You can still reach 150k+ weapons, but with a lot more effort...
you smithing skill starts at lvl 0 so you will nee to anyway and 150k+ weapons can be crafted with like 60 smithing difficulty harpoons are really low tier

I love crafting in most rpgs but smithing in this game is so broken I won't touch it anymore. It not only breaks the finances but it overlevels any character that does it too much and is way, way, way too easy to abuse.

you smithing skill starts at lvl 0 so you will nee to anyway and 150k+ weapons can be crafted with like 60 smithing difficulty harpoons are really low tier
You can increase your smithing by refining and smelting. Getting it to 30-40 is easy enough without doing any crafting at all. And then - just don't make harpoons.

Battain noble armor cost 500k+
head around 250k
Bows 200k+
Just some types that is really expensive

If you play like me and behead your enemies - At some point when u lose a fight they will take you head aswell (playing with death enabled ofc)
So those expensive items will be lost

Crafting seems like a way to use alot of time to get an advance - for some time
Selling a crafted item for 100k + then getting 10-40k from a town in raw gold an buy materials/armor for the rest to max out what you get for each trade.
Reselling some materials for profits and selling bought armors for a way lower resell price

Sometimes i spend hours going around sellling and buying to have the money to go to War as i got daily expenses way over my budget

Reaching severall millions of denars is not really usefull if you have no high tier weapons/armours to buy.
There is a perk from the trade skill that allows you to buy towns & castles for money. A town can cost several millions, so it's useful for easy conquest :razz:

Back
Top Bottom