Main Topic

What feature do you mostly want to add?

• Religions Improvements: pray, spendable Piety Points, branches, deeper immersion

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Offices: town/guild/kingdom council, vote for tax level/more profit, war/peace

Votes: 235 51.8%
  • Revised Traits: more traits, buy/train traits, gain upon actions

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Quintillius said:
Well I really suck at making clothing and armor plus my study wouldn't allow me to such things.
Thanks for the extraordinary support anyway.

If -- I say: if -- Bannerlord does allow me to mod most of it, I would make a mod centered in ancient Rome, or even Egypt.
Imagine the possibilities:

A mod in ancient Egypt or Greece would indeed be wonderful, however I may say so because I always was interested in this era  :grin:

@Zecond
Such upgrades are a bit impossible since the native scripts are inflexible. They're designed in such way that there's a
great distinction between villages and towns. There's are entire economic scripts build on this.

But... as requested by so many players, I'll make it possible to build up to 6 castles.

Quintillius said:
Thaanks!

Making my own game would use up all time for Nova Aetas, wouldn't it  :smile:?

---

New sweet pic:

upload foto

- You can now join the Acztaocs
* Gain prisoners in war and sell them at towns for prestige and cocoa beans
* Cocoa beans are the main currency, Acztaoc merchants no longer have coins
* You must exchange your coins for cocoa beans upon entering Acztaoc centers
- Two new consumables added
* Maize (Acztaocs only)
* Chocolate drink (Acztaocs only)
- New Acztaoc titles:
* Lizard
* Serpent
* Coyote
* Cougar
* Crocodile
* Eagle
* Jaguar

No, no. No more stuff to be revealed today.

Woa you guys are so hyped for the Medieval II town management feature upcoming in v4.0. So many votes for that feature. I'll really try my best to
make it user-friendly and run smoothly.

Oh boy, I guess that most of folks here will do a favour for the Acztaoc paganic gods when they feed them their own people through hard work in one's Crown's mines and meat processing them with guns, cannons and grenades.

Oh, blast, I hope that Acztaocs don't have access to the artillery?
(After all It's our job and privilege to kill them, not their to kill us! )
Does the march weariness effect in the New World? (Illnesses, extra starvation, occasionally deaths and wounds in troops and dehydration + nasty climate and nasty locals + nasty flora and fauna I.e. either everything is poisonous or is trying to eat you).

I love old movie "Aguirre, the Wrath of God". Hope that will experience during my invasion to the New World.

First of, I ****ing love this mod. This is one of the like 3 mods that can actually make me play for longer than 1 day which is super. I have a few suggestions too :grin:

-conquering acztaoc cities and calradianize them (e.g give them calradian names, calradian city looks etc.)

-A Comanche like (Look them up if you don't know them, they were equivalent, or maybe better than the Mongols>) tribe in the mainland? Also, look at the suggestion below me. The Comanche could initially just start without any horsed troops, but when the event triggers you'll have really skilled horse archers and lancers but with weak armor.

-An event that triggers after like 20 - 30 weeks into the game which will unlock a new troop for the natives, that will be on horseback. Just like how the natives irl got horses from the colonizing europeans.

-Rocket launchers (This would prob be overpowered and boring tho)

-This is actually a question, will we have mortars?

-I noticed that there was a pretty big area to the south of the Holy Land. What if you make a SE-Asian/Indian nation there? Maybe even a few smaller nations so that there will be strive there but it will take a while for the sarranids to actually get real trouble with them. This will give multiple ways for expansion for the sarranids, and a big threat to them too. I saw a few lovely textures online from Vietnamese weapons, which looked freaking amazing. And maybe the developer of Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth could give you some of the textures. (You can say the land if you look south of the HL a little bit crooked you'll see the land)

-A holy mountain for the Tengriists where they can pray. Like the many sacred mountains in the traditionally tengriist areas.

P.S : A little question, does it take a while for buildings in a colony to be built or are they immediately built? I'm having trouble with colony developing in V.3.0.2

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=190595.0 (These are a few vietnamese weapons, not textures tho.)

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,198052.0.html (some textures)

the reason i asked about the making of a city is becouse i found it in another mod, you make a village upgrade it to a fort anad finaly to a town. I dont konw hot it worked cuz im not a modder.

As far as i recall it was a world conquest type of mod, i think it is the one with the north hemisphere or something.

As far as i know the city income depends on trade and manufacturing. Is it possible to make a script for every city in order to connect it to the made one.

for example "I would like to open a trade route to the newly foundet city ***" and that sends caravans with city specific goods for dhirim it will be iron ingots.

Then you use the citys iron works to make tools and sell them via a scripted carravan to another city praven for example.

Oh and i noticed that there is a small problem with crafting since not evry one is agility based char, so is it possible to make it stat based, stenght for work speed agility for detail and int for complexity, eventually you hire people to fill up the nececery requerments for the craft (you have 15 int but you need 18 to craft a siege crosbow so you hire an assistant or aprentice to help with the work wich gives you 3 int modifier when craftting or inside the crafting room).

P.S.- I have no idea how modding warband works so im just trowing ideas i hope i dont throw a wrench in your plans!

@Arion
I'll use your idea of renaming Acztaoc towns. You'll now be able to rename colonies and Acztaoc towns, castles and villages  :razz:.

@Zecond
What about resources such as timber, stone, marble and more which are required for constructing buildings in towns?
Each village on the map has its own unique resource. You need to connect these resources to the faction.

Quintillius said:
@Arion
I'll use your idea of renaming Acztaoc towns. You'll now be able to rename colonies and Acztaoc towns, castles and villages  :razz:.

@Zecond
What about resources such as timber, stone, marble and more which are required for constructing buildings in towns?
Each village on the map has its own unique resource. You need to connect these resources to the faction.

So I can go ahead and rename the newly conquerd Aztec citys alwith to "Arstotzkan Colony", enslave its inhabitants and buy thousands off Chocolat beans in the new version?

MrMundy said:
Quintillius said:
@Arion

@Zecond

So I can go ahead and rename the newly conquerd Aztec citys alwith to "Arstotzkan Colony", enslave its inhabitants and buy thousands off Chocolat beans in the new version?
Name it Mundyland if you want.

@Arion
I believe volley fire is already in. Press the key with the dot at your numpad at beginning of battle. Press it again to have a volley at the moment you want to fire.

---

Guys! I have a request. Is there anyone who likes to make troop descriptions? Just write in short what the troop's abilities are. For example:

Musketeer
The musketeer is equipped with state of the art firearms. Muskets are accurate and deadly weapons.
Though it still takes time to reload the weapon, making the musketeer only effective at a certain range.

Crossbowman
Equipped with a crossbow, a weapon of deadly proficiency even on untrained users.
Though crossbowmen have a slower rate of fire than archers, their weapon can penetrate
and deal much more damage to armored foes.

EDIT:

Pikeman
Equipped with a longer variant of a spear, a pike is one deadly weapon to thrust from a distance.
Combined, Pikemen will prove that wall of pikes are a death sentence. Not just cavalry, but infantry too.

Horse Archer
Saddled with a horse and equipped with a bow, these are perfect for harassing the enemy for a hit and run.
Even though they are perfect for harassing the enemy, they will have a hard time with armored foes, especially knights.

Perfect  :smile:. For easier scripting, you better put everything in one sentence:

Code:
The crossbowman is equipped with a crossbow, a weapon with deadly proficiency. Though crossbowmen have a slower rate of fire than archers, their weapon can penetrate and deal much more damage to armored foes.

If you can do this for every troop I and the whole Nova Aetas would be very grateful .

Gladly!
Pikeman
Code:
Equipped with a longer variant of a spear, a pike is one deadly weapon to thrust from a distance. Combined, Pikemen will prove that wall of pikes are a death sentence. Not just cavalry, but infantry too.
Horse Archer
Code:
Saddled with a horse and equipped with a bow, these are perfect for harassing the enemy for a hit and run. Even though they are perfect for harassing the enemy, they will have a hard time with armoured foes, especially knights.
Man at Arms
Code:
Saddled with a horse and equipped with heavy armour, Man at arms brings their lance and sidearms to the battlefield. Being a professional soldier, they are better equipped and thus have better chance of surviving in the battlefield.
Levy/peasant
Code:
A cannon fodder, their fighting capabilities are pathetic and probably would die in a second after being targeted by a foe (unless it's another peasant)

As for the rest, maybe later or someone write it all down please. I need to sleep because I can't think straight! :smile:

Hehe, thank you.  Here's the list of Swadian troops:
(you don't need to put it into a code block, just once sentence is fine as well)

Use the descriptions from Medieval II if you look for inspiration.
http://totalwar.honga.net/faction_units.php?v=m2tw&f=england

Look ingame for troop tree

- Swadian recruit
- Swadian Militia
- Footman
- Light infantry
- Heavy infantry
- Archer
- Crossbowman
- Sharpshooter
- Men at Arms
- Mounted Sergeant
- Knight

- Pikeman
- Halberdier
- Landsknecht
- Longbowman
- Arquebusier
- Lancer
- Gendarme
- Light Pikeman
- Sword and Buckler man
- Caliverman
- Wheellock Arquebusier
- Musketeer
- Reiter

Pff. Note that I can only add the descriptions if I have them for all kingdoms

Quintillius said:
The smaller factions do not advance. They should fall behind in tech after time and ultimately make room for the big nations as Rhodoks, Swadia and Vaegirs and obviously the Sarranids.
Current changelog of v4.0:

FIXED ISSUES
- Kingdom player troops now use ranged weapons and horses properly. Equipping custom
troops however requires you to equip existing archers with bows.
- If the player sieges a town, other besiegers will now help player \\needs testing
- Fixed Turguhns from disappearing // tested for 20 ingame days, they didn't disappear!
- Crusade/Jihad armies now leave Hierosolyma if it is in their hands
  (for example if a random lord or the player conquers it)
- Fixed animations so battle flags no longer mess up to all directions.
- Freelancer feature gives you bread and water now.
- Fixed Restore Papacy event triggering every day
- Language errors fixed
- Returning after vacation now completes associated quest \\needs testing
- No longer 'visit nearby dock' for Zendar
- Slaves can now be obtained from battles and only from Acztaoc armies
- Fixed player still wielding tool after it breaks
- Far landscape with mountains no longer disappear partly on large maps
- Fixed fault in freelancer script giving player no water
- Fixed prices for crusader/jihad troops
- Beards allowed for most open helmets now
- Fixed player icon not turning into ship on sea
- Fixed slaver chief not having legs
- Fixed far mountains being darkish in a scene (snowy mountains, desert hills)
- Fixed player being not able to enter Hierosolyma after conquering and after not
assigned a lord yet.
- Added extra check to prevent AI lords from joining player's party
- Removed colonists from colony scene (the ones who're standing in rows)
- Zendar siege scene fixed.
- Player now pays wages for garrisoned troops in colonies too.
- Fixed bug where player rents and then buys property, but still pay rent.
- No longer able to upgrade to/from cathars
- Rescue prisoner quest: lord is now freed and player actually pays gold.
- Fixed and tested wrong entry points for village/bandits spawning
- Improved village AI pathfinding
- Moved Ptaxia to fix pathfinding issue
- No longer tournaments for Acztaocs
- No longer cattle missions to new world
- Chests in cave with ropebridge were missing, I re-added them
- Odd riding animation removed
- Fixed missing siege scenes for Aztlan and Ixtepexi
- Checked some castles in Sarranid desert and New World (thanks to Gladiatre)
- Added extra triggers to prevent game from going to Stage III in colony's
construction menu when trying to build the thatched shack.
- Fixed blacksmith building needed resources not meeting requirements
according to the description
- Fixed accessing Zendar harbour via a common harbour
- Fixed disembarking on a strand with your ship and
then leaving via the harbour. Leave either via your ship at strand or harbour.

BALANCING / POLISHING
- Shaved off 200 MB by making textures smaller (helmets, boots, gauntlets, firearms and shields)
- Powerful swords rebalanced (30 strength required now, was 45)
- Slaves now cost 100 instead of 500 Fl.
- Reduced damage for heavy tournament weapons from 30-40 to 25-30.
- All amounts for town management are divided by 10, no longer large amounts to
pay/receive.
- Atheism now instantly provide 2 intelligence points.
- Nerfed Noregr skills for balance
- Hugely lowered chance of events for towns/villages to appear (theft, plague, ...)
- Doubled effect and cost of improving relationship with vassal (+20 now)
- Hunting now gives 50% chance to get raw leather if you kill more than 2
- New death animations
- Cathars will no longer spawn as bandits in infested villages
- Hugely rebalanced Zendar, Agonics, Acztaocs, Turguhns and Papals
to have less garrisons and numerical superiority. Towns have around 400 soldiers now.

GRAPHICAL / PERFORMANCE
- New models/textures for trees
- New ground textures
- New grass models and textures
- Fixed no uniform lighting for outer terrain (dark/light mountains e.g.)
- Fixed weird lights/shaders in indoor scenes

ADDED FEATURES
- Artillery (max. 6 in battles)
* Hire cannoneers at taverns and put cannons into your inventory
* Cannons will spawn on battlefield
* Cannoneers will find enemy and shoot
* Use Warband 'hold fire' function to stop shooting
* Use 'stand ground', 'charge' and more to shoot again
* Hold F1 function to manually set shoot target
* AI will have cannons too
* Cannoneers are mercenaries and can be upgraded 2x
* Skilled cannoneers can do their job faster
* Cannons spawn with stakes for a bit defence
* Cannonballs will have true physics, landing twice on
the battlefield and wreak havoc all between them.
* You can manually shoot the cannon
- Use arrow keys to position it
- Take control, load and fire the cannon
- Bombs
* Buy and throw deadly bombs
* Explosion death animation throws people away
* Large & small bombs with different radius of impact
- More reference books added

BUGS
- Colony construction: if you click the house, you might encounter the screen for
Stage III. Though you cannot build anything of that stage.

HARD BUGS
- Stupid colony buildings bonuses shifted down
- Freezes

NO BUGS
- You can take prisoners in battle. Choose "Take them prisoner" and pick the troops
you want in the following screen.

TODO

CREDITS
- "Vals 2", música de Mario Viñuela (played at Mithridias)
- OSP - GetAssista's stone lobbing script

© Quintillius - Nova Aetas

Just so you know, the calrad velites have problem similar to that of the slaver cheifs (I.E. missing legs)

On the nore of resourcess the whole setlement can start like a small camp and advance like the colony, while the trade will make import and export of the standart resourcess, you could make some sort of trade contracts from a city, village or fort close to a forest or quary and as for marble i think import would be good like the import from the colony.

The whole idea is to make an economical city, a power never seen before, and alot of money means alot of soldiers. As for balancing you could make it take more time to built and there being plagues roberies etc. even some lord who wants to plunder it in pretence for The kingdoms good. If it can be made neutral, like the swish and their banks always neutral regardless of war ( I think it was the swish).

You can even make some premade locations close to resources, like ruined vilage or fort for example. You rebuilt repopulate and your done

Or you can simply use the colonysystem to feed the city resourcess. You make spicess in the colony transport it to the city and sell it to the highest bider.

Oh on another note is there a way to make selling in bulk possible, i had like 15 spice from a colony and i can sell only one at each city for profit. Maybe make a caravan to zendar and get ambushed by pirates and the like.

Also i noticed that the fire arm troops suck, i have 200 skill in firearms and use the best musket i have 87acur. and i barely hit. The Rhodoc sharpshooters have beter hit ratio than me

Time to post a new screenie:

- work in progress -
images

The two buttons called weekly calc and daily calc are only for developing purposes, so you cannot speed up the progress .

Constructing buildings in towns will be very similar to Medieval II. In fact I try to copy it. Simply because it is the best game I've ever played. I even believe that this menu is far more advanced than Medieval II. There are 6 town levels ranging from a small town to a huge city. These types have its own unique buildings as you you in the first slot above. These require a certain population level and give access to higher tier buildings. Very important if you want to build advanced barracks. Every building is part of a 5-tier building tree.

Some buildings give income boost, other religious conversion boost. Some allow recruitment of either infantry, cavalry or ranged troops. Taverns and farms add to growth rate. Castles allow more buildings/troops to be recruited simultaneously. Recruiting troops works in the same way as Medieval II by the way. There are clickable cards. I have also added a details tab. So you can exactly see how the growth is calculated and which effects of the power of balance are applied and which are not. For example if the nobility holds 40% or more power, you can issue edicts.

Back
Top Bottom