Users who are viewing this thread

Erk

Knight
Code:
Liberty or Death

xl51.jpg

Code:
[b]Brief historical background[/b]

The Hearts of Oak (originally "The Corsicans") were a volunteer militia based in the British colonial Province of New York and formed circa 1775 in New York City. Its members included students at King's College (now Columbia University) such as Nicholas Fish, Robert Troup and, perhaps most famously, Alexander Hamilton. The company drilled in the graveyard of nearby St. Paul's Chapel before classes in uniforms they designed themselves, consisting of short green tight-fitting jackets, a round leather hat with a cockade and the phrase "Liberty or Death" on the band, and a badge of red tin hearts on their jackets with the words "God and Our Right" (the motto Dieu et mon droit and translated into English and adapted to make its possessive pronoun plural).

Sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Oak_(New_York_militia)
http://allthingsliberty.com/2013/06/alexander-hamilton-dangerous-man/

Code:
Organization

This regiment is a big family. But like all families, the larger they get, the more difficult it is to get to know all the cousins. Thus, we have opted for an organization based on semi-independent companies with their unique RP traits. Each company is self-managed and free to elect its leaders and internal ranks. We all operate under the umbrella of the Hearts of Oak because we think that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

[size=18pt]
Code:
[b]Applications[/b]
[/size]

Before you apply

The goal of this regiment is to create a directory of people who like to play PF as something a bit more elaborate than a DM. In this sense, the regiment brings some opportunities for RP and allows for a more complex RP character to evolve over time. When you apply, keep in mind that although RP is desirable an encouraged, we also aim for providing a competitive gameplay. Not a regiment for "theater fans". 

The level of implication with the regiment and how well you match with its members will be reflected in the ranks. If you just want to be able to tag along with us, but don't want to get too involved, a recruit or conscript rank is the most appropriate.  From then on, ranks will be awarded as the result of a "popularity contest" and based on your capacity and desire to lead. Do not apply to an officer position if you don't want to take also the heavy duties that come with it. You will be responsible of organizing the recruits and probably end up doing a few burdensome tasks.

Code:
[SIZE=19px]I want to apply[/SIZE]

Individual applications

There is no format for the application. Just tell us a bit about you, your gaming style in PF , previous experience RPing regiments (for instance in NW) and what is your desired position in the regiment. It is alright to state you want to be an officer. Back it up a bit, though. Do provide a steam name, please.

Group applications

If you are already part of a community and would like to come play with your buddies, you can apply to constitute your own company. First, we will see if you fit well within the Hearts of Oak community. If we are a good match, you will be given discretion to manage the internal affairs of the company.  Modification: you will be first assigned to the Forlorn Hopes for a trial period.
Code:
Roster

Active members: 45

Staff

Active members: 1​

Colonel

Erk

Forlorn hope - Applicants to the regiment

Any in-game recruit or anyone who wants to join us be assigned to this group. Once you have proven yourself worthy, you will be given assigned to a regular company. If you come as a group to join us, you will be given the honor to form your own company.

Leader

Veteran volunteer

Volunteer

1st Company - Line Infantry

Active members: 3 - Recruiting!​

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285010.0.html

2nd Company - Grenadiers

Active strength: 7 - Recruiting!

Lieutenants

Robert

Sergeants

IT

Corporals

ZeroFighterR
Zante

Privates

Wellington
Shooter
Elias_MacArgylle

Recruit

Conscript

3rd Company - Light Infantry

Active members: 17​

4th Company - French Company

Active members: 8 - Recruiting French speaking!​

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284129.0.html

5th Company - Light Dragoons

Active members: 13​

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284280.0.html

Xth Company - Native Auxiliaries (Discontinued until aux. are added to soldier factions)

War Chief

War Chief Black Moon (DarthTaco)

The Elders

Elder Senneca

The Veterans

The Soldiers

Dog Soldier Laughing Bear (seppuku)
Buffalo

Reserves - Casual members and inactive

Lieutenants

Alexander_II
Llapasllaly

Sergeants

Vambu
Benedict

Corporals

Privates

Cio
Socassiozi
Krasak
Mr Zoo
Dysterika
Rolaric
driesd

Recruit

Gunter
Steunwell

Conscript

[size=18pt]
Code:
[b]Team Speak[/b]
[/size]
dfw01.mainvoice.net:7014

[size=18pt]
Code:
[b]Steam Group[/b]
[/size]
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/heartsofoak

Tags

HO_(company number)Co._(rank)._(name)

For instance:

HO_1stCo._Lt._Llapasllaly

For a list of abbreviations for ranks, check here:

http://www.spanamwar.com/genealogy5abbrev.htm

Uniforms

Even though historically the regiment seemed to be dressed in green, we are going for the more obvious blue. This was common among American Independence revolutionary troops. Here you have a broad dressing code according to rank.​

Conscript / Recruit / Private / Corporal

The troopers should aim for this look.

p12f.jpg

Sergeant / Lieutenant

These officers simply replace the footman uniform for an officer one. Truth is, the American revolution army used hats and badges, but this could be confusing in game.

Captain/ Mayor

At this level, officers are strongly encouraged to ride horses. It provides the necessary mobility to keep track of what is going on on the battlefield.  These officers should wear wigs.

Staff officers

For now, Staff officers will be in game appointed positions. They follow the dress code of their rank.

Organizing the faction with in-game recruits

As you have noticed, it is notoriously difficult to organize anything in game. Although it is true that there are plenty of trolls, with a bit of patience most people will actually want to play along if you suggest RPing as a regiment.

This is a first sketch of something I have been experimenting with. I find it useful to repeat schemes, since people get used to it and it avoids having to "think" too much in game. Officers are encouraged to post their comments and suggestions.

The basic structure

Company

Captain

Sergeant (in charge of answering where to find stuff and questions about the mod in general)

Private x3

Battalion

Company x2 commanded by a Mayor

How to recruit and get it done

Shouting in chat doesn't help usually, so captains and sergeants must personally face people in the faction and force recruit them.

One should start forming one company, then if there are enough men for a second, it may be organized. After the two companies are full, start adding men to them until you judge it merits a third company.

Basic commands and tips

• Set up a rally point for dead and make sure they know what to do (wait there, rejoin you, etc.)
  • Captains are encouraged to bring a flag (easier to recognize them, useful for capturing)
  • Officers must try to stay alive (self explanatory)
  • Officers must have keys an announcement powers
  • Praise disciplined soldiers and try to recruit them

Code:
[b][SIZE=24px][color=blue]We are currently recruiting! Join the regiment for the grand come back of the mod[/color][/SIZE][/b]
.​

3g01960v-533x800.jpg

Hi

My name is Harry i would like to join Hearts of Oak.

I like playing Persistant Frontier i usely join a faction everytime i join the servers.

I like playing games with my friends and hangout with them.

My steam name is (UvG) LoneSquirrel

Indeed, but you attacked when we were still organizing :razz:

We welcome a whole new company, the third, under Maxi. To be added all the names, but welcome lads!

Hi, i want to apply to join your regiment.

I'm french, 16 years old just beginned this mod, i was a player of Napoleonic Wars and i think that this mod is far better / fun than NW, My english is not perfect but I hope you could still understand what i'm talking about, i've got TS if needed and i can connect at night for the glory of my regiment !

I like rping even if i juste joined this mod so i'm still new to some things.

Hope i'll get accepted.

Hi Steunwell! Let's give it a try. Join as a Recruit of the first company. That is, HO_1stCo_Rct_Steunwell. Once we get to know you a bit more we'll move you to private.

I am giving some grace period for people to come back, PF went on a month halt and it's vacation. But completely inactive people will slowly be moved first to the reserve then to some "good old memories" roster.

Since the 2nd company is the one hit the worst by the PF month of inactivity, I am merging them with the 1st to bring them to reasonable numbers.

That opens room for a new ambitious leader to make the 2nd his home and choose the RP of his taste for the company without being conditioned.

Hey Zero!

Yup, moving around people a bit. The idea is to create semi-independent companies of buddies with some heavy RP content. So if you feel like creating one with Nexus/RCC lads, you got my blessing. :wink:

I am having some trouble now sorting them out (some people are listed as "reserve" but they might be active, too soon to tell, 2 days since the mod came back). For now, I am trying to give the 1st as much manpower as possible and then I'll discuss with the officers who is not coming on.

It is a good idea nevertheless and we have to think about it. I wanted to keep  the second (purely aesthetical) active, a move inactive companies to later or even unnumbered companies.

I am talking with a French serg (active before halt of the mod) to see if we can bring over a full company of French people. They would take over the 2nd then.

To be discussed, to sum it up.

Back
Top Bottom