Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Amazing. This mod really is so very underappreciated.

We appreciate your work Jacob, the amount of custom features and polish present in Sayazn is astonishing, even taking into account the stray error message, or bugged/incomplete scene.

I've been playing a lot more and came up with a solution for the issue of overpowered, constantly backpedalling musketmen which tend to linger at the end of large battles. Previously musketmen were able to hold off cavalry and infantry by walking backwards and shooting, which the AI wasn't able to handle well.
Now when a musketmen or archer is in constant melee they're likely to rout within about 30 seconds, with lessened effects for deeper formations (10% for each formation rank, and totally reduced for square formations). Hopefully this should give more room for early-battle cavalry action.

After 3 years of being totally confused I finally fixed the banner issue! Banners now show up on the campaign map without any bugs.

I've also added a feature to make steppe nomads and Ishtari settlers much more interesting. They now roam around and camp every night, and their population increases slowly over time if they are left on fertile ground. You can either:

1. Invite them to settle in one of your towns or villages, which can upset the townspeople,
2. Invite them to camp near one of your villages or towns and trade with them, which will slowly make the village less prosperous but allow the nomads to grow their population more quickly,
3. Offer them formal protection in return for weekly tribute and recruitable troops (they may refuse if they feel you are too weak or untrustworthy to defend them),
4. Tell them to camp and move around in an area.

When these groups stay in a neutral area for too long, they provoke the ire of the factions ruling over the area and they may declare war on you. However if you allow these groups of settlers to get larger than they believe you can manage, they may leave your protection.

This should allow the player to lead a moving horde of nomads which is forced by its own momentum to raid, conquer and keep moving. This might be a favoured playing style for nutcase aggressive players, like myself.

jacobhinds said:
After 3 years of being totally confused I finally fixed the banner issue! Banners now show up on the campaign map without any bugs.

Ignore what comes after this, this is by far the best thing you ever did!  :razz:

jacobhinds said:
This should allow the player to lead a moving horde of nomads which is forced by its own momentum to raid, conquer and keep moving. This might be a favoured playing style for nutcase aggressive players, like myself.

Can you tell them to activly assist you, not just by providing troops but by raiding villages and attacking farmers on their own?

I decided not to make the nomad parties too military-focussed because it tends to make the player into an impenetrable ball of thousands of men who nobody wants to fight. For the time being they are represented by peasant troops which can be trained into regular soldiers by the player.
You can recruit from them quite quickly and for free, but every soldier you take from them reduces their population and thus the amount of tribute you get.

Sounds incredibly juicy and revolutionary. Can't wait.

Are any Shahstavi-like play-as-ruler starting options going to be available eventually/in the update? Just curious. Not terribly important. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom