Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Looks very good, well done.  :smile:

Anything new other then graphics and bugfixing/balancing ? side stuff that we pass time when we don't fight, such as hunting, owning business etc. , Nova Aetas done a marvelous job on that aspect. Also will there be a solid storyline ? atmosphere feel so much like a comic I think a storyline would be cool.

I've added a lot; more so in the combat and kingdom building aspect than the rpg aspect like nova aetus.

- There are a lot of "special" units that your king might award to you. For some factions they're very effective, for others they fill multiple roles.

- ai Infantry for organised factions fire in volleys in the opening phases of the battle. This prevents prematurely targeting the first thing to pop its head over the hill.

- Provinces may revolt. Certain buildings and government styles can cause this, and they may form the revolutionary faction if the settlement remains in their hands for too long. In future patches I'll allow the player to facilitate this process, and enemy lords may attempt this on your own kingdom.

- The companions don't argue with each other (that's a ridiculous mechanic). Instead, you'll upset certain lords of certain factions by recruiting them - they're all disgruntled with one regime or another and some have personal links to the faction leaders. However you can continue a battle as one of them if you're wounded.

- Pike combat, and combat in general, has been overhauled (again). You can block up and down with pikes (the animation isn't as intrusive as native though), muskets are slower to reload, the ai uses formations more regularly and some onehanded swords have a seperate twohanded attack.

Please take your time your time to test it throughly, its a huge dissappointment and a rage quit cause when a long waited mod has critical bugs.

A couple more features added today:

- The kingdom of Kasthind is a republic. At regular intervals the lords will elect a new ruler, helping quell the possibility of a rebellion. This opens up the option of becoming faction leader peacefully if you please enough of the more powerful lords (their votes are worth more), although attempting to stay in power beyond your term could prove damaging to the realm as a whole.

- If you've kept an eye on The Forge, you'll have noticed I've overhauled the morale system so that large battles run smoother and routing makes a lot more sense.

- Upon joining a kingdom you'll have trumpet blowers or drummers accompanying you into battle, sounding the horn when you give the order to charge.

jacobhinds said:
A couple more features added today:

- The kingdom of Kasthind is a republic. At regular intervals the lords will elect a new ruler, helping quell the possibility of a rebellion. This opens up the option of becoming faction leader peacefully if you please enough of the more powerful lords (their votes are worth more), although attempting to stay in power beyond your term could prove damaging to the realm as a whole.

THIS should really be an OSP, I can't believe to your words, must see with my own eyes  :shock:

He's put out a lot of OSP so far. Tbh, i hope he doesn't release some of the more unique features as osp yet until the mod gets a lot of publicity and support. Just my two cents.

I don't see the point in keeping them for myself when so much effort went into making them work, and some mods would make better use of it than me. As soon as it's up and running (only a few minor bugs), I'll release the republic system.

While we're on the subject i also plan to release all the mod's resources as OSP too. However this will be on a permission basis as it's quite frustrating to see stuff from well-made, coherent mods like TLD and TotSK completely plundered and used everywhere without context or concern for design.

jacobhinds said:
I don't see the point in keeping them for myself when so much effort went into making them work, and some mods would make better use of it than me. As soon as it's up and running (only a few minor bugs), I'll release the republic system.
You sir, rule the Internet :grin:
40089637.jpg

jacobhinds said:

While we're on the subject i also plan to release all the mod's resources as OSP too. However this will be on a permission basis as it's quite frustrating to see stuff from well-made, coherent mods like TLD and TotSK completely plundered and used everywhere without context or concern for design.

This is very kind of you. I really admire your honesty and the commitment upon your great works: the republic system will definitely make a mark in Warband, I'm really looking forward to it. honestly from the change animation pack I use to check every week the OSP thread in search of unique ideas from yours. and I never get disappointed! Good work Jacobhind! :grin:

Preview of in-battle marching with drummers. I'll probably expand this more in later versions but at the moment, if you have a horn like the one shown in the video, a selected formation will maintain a more steady pace -- I might tie this in with morale. You can also see the drummer in the background but so far I've had issues making him actually walk while playing.

Back
Top Bottom