Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

I disagree. Fixing (or at least improving) sieges is a huge deal.

Hey Jacob, have you added the ability to choose who you want to fight when you come upon a battle in the world map?

I have made a script for that, it's OSP, so feel free to use it. :smile:
(
    "pre_join",0,
    "You come across a battle between {s2} and {s1}. You decide to...",
    "none",
    [
        (str_store_party_name, 1,"$g_encountered_party"),
        (str_store_party_name, 2,"$g_encountered_party_2"),
      ],
    [
      ("pre_join_help_attackers",[
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
#          (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
#          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (ge, ":attacker_relation", 0),
#          (lt, ":defender_relation", 0),
          ],
          "Move in to help the {s2}.",[
        (try_begin),
      (eq,"$players_kingdom","$g_encountered_party_faction"),
(assign, "$player_has_homage", 0),
        (call_script, "script_player_leave_faction", 0),
        (assign, "$g_recalculate_ais", 1),
        (try_end),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),

(val_add, ":attacker_relation", 2),
        (val_add, ":defender_relation", -2),
        (call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":defender_faction", ":defender_relation"),
        (call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":attacker_faction", ":attacker_relation"),
              (select_enemy,0),
              (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party"),
              (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
              (jump_to_menu,"mnu_join_battle")]),
      ("pre_join_help_defenders",[
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
#          (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
#          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (ge, ":defender_relation", 0),
#          (lt, ":attacker_relation", 0),
          ],
          "Rush to the aid of the {s1}.",[
        (try_begin),
      (eq,"$players_kingdom","$g_encountered_party_faction"),
(assign, "$player_has_homage", 0),
        (call_script, "script_player_leave_faction", 0),
        (assign, "$g_recalculate_ais", 1),
        (try_end),

(store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),

(val_add, ":attacker_relation", -2),
        (val_add, ":defender_relation", 2),
        (call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":defender_faction", ":defender_relation"),
        (call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":attacker_faction", ":attacker_relation"),
              (select_enemy,1),
              (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
              (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party"),
              (jump_to_menu,"mnu_join_battle")]),
      ("pre_join_leave",[],"Don't get involved.",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),
    ]
  ),

Another tweak I've always found useful is the abilty to talk to guildmasters and village elders from the city menu..you could consider adding in even that one:smile:

Pre Pre Pre alpha 0.8 now available for download:

http://speedy.sh/4zJ9f/final.7z

borderline playable. this isn't a release, but you can play it on one condition: you give it a proper, cheat-free playthrough and then post in this thread explaining:

1. basic bugs. stuff that is missing/buggy (sounds, assets, textures etc.)

2. balance issues. faction/troop is too powerful/weak/nonsensical

3. map issues. the map is nowhere near finished but i'd like your thoughts on it.

4. suggestions. what you think would improve the mod.

5. performance issues. I haven't yet created lods for certain troops, so please let me know if your PC is struggling.

please try and play this on normal damage for troops. if you don't the enemy will run away almost all the time, and you'll think to yourself "why the heck is this so easy?"

also, besiege/defend Suno to see the new scene.

some of the factions are a bit bugged; i.e. you start off with relatives. ignore.

I had a very rapid [5 minutes more or less] playthrough and this is what i noticed:

- The firearms proficiency is missing in the character's page
- While I still haven't fought any of them I can say that there are a LOT of partisans and mercenaries!  :shock: not that is necessarily a bad thing (more testing is needed i suppose) but it force the player to constantly pay attention to the road in early game!
- When entering the armor marketplace in Tihr (that is an Ishtar city if I recall well)  I had an error message at a certain point but I didn't manage to see the proper message so I can't address you to the bugged texture (I guess that is the problem)!

That's it for the moment, I'll have to take another look later! From what I've seen you've made a good work anyway!  :smile:

EDIT - tested some more:

- I noticed muskets count as crossbows (increasing that proficiency when shooting with a musket) and also use crossbows' darts as cartridges.
- After some minutes (2-3?) two in-game messages popped up saying that both the order of sengahid and the mercenaries' factions didn't exist no more.
- I found the same problem of Tihr market at Wercheg. I noticed that in both markets was present the "nun hat" and that the "rgl error" message popped up when I was scrolling down to said hat, that appear "crooked" in the inventory...I still haven't managed to see the message itself (M&B won't minimize so I can't open the "rgl error" window but at this point I believe that this error is dued to the nun hat)
- After loading the game this messages popped up:
xxtu.jpg

Those are a few issues with messed up factions, hopefully I'll have them sorted. The mercenaries faction was initially to test their effectiveness in custom battles, but i eventually want to give them a castle that you can visit and hire mercenaries from.

About the crossbows, i fixed that mere minutes after uploading and should've waited a bit, but didn't take into account that they'd use bolts for bullets. Thanks for that, I'll remove all the bolts in the game.

I discovered a surprise essay today so i might not finish until mid-february. But all of the modelling and texturing work is done. All that's needed now is scening and implementing, which might take a while if the game misbehaves.

I want few things more than to play this mod, I'm glad I spotted it! If you need any play testers, I would love to help. I've been waiting for a mod like this for a while. :wink:

I've played it and it promise a lot. I love the music, map, new scenes and items. Maybe you should make guns a bit expensive to buy.

Also...

4z_T1.jpg

Not a little excesive number of villagers?  :lol:

mike56 said:
Also...

4z_T1.jpg

Not a little excesive number of villagers?  :lol:

I don't know if that is a bug or not, but it looks awesome, you should take it away for villages, but add it to towns. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom