SP - Quests Main story quest: A few slight changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Many people I came across in this forum complained about the main story quest and how it is forcing them along a path they do not want to follow. I must agree that the main quest is not as immersive as I would hope from such a game. But I do not think it completely needs to be overhauled just to make it work for me and others. I'd rather suggest only a few small changes that would fit the mechanics of the game even better (some of it I postet in a different thread in the SP area of the forum):

You begin the game in search of your young brother and sister who had been abducted by a (quite nasty) bandit and his followers. The first few moments of the game you spend hunting this bandit down. Suggestion 1: Let the player save the siblings right at that point! Make the bandit camp attack happen, but instead of the bandit chief leading your brother on a wild goose chase (which will make both of them disappear from the game entirely),your siblings will be found in the camp and rescued. Also you find the chest that Toctarius mentioned.

Suggestion 2: You cannot take little children on your adventures, but what to do with them? This is the moment where your brother suggests to approach one of the lords in one of the realms of Calradia (which one it shall be is up to the player). After a little coaxing, and maybe a little side quest from said lord (if charming him fails the first time), he agrees to provide shelter and protection for the young ones until you were able to rebuild your own clan. The siblings will stay at the keep of this lord's castle or city, you can visit them and speak to them anytime. Maybe your brother also joins them, so you have him to talk to as well.

Next point: The chest. Normally the next thing on our mind would be rebuilding our clan (as the quest says right now anyway), but you could also follow the doctor's advice and try to find the other pieces of the banner. But why would you do this? Basically, you later have the choice between joining an existing kingdom and helping it conquer the world, or you found your own kingdom. Suggestion 3: Leave the choice up to the player, but if they want to have their own kingdom, make the assembly of the banner the first requirement! Only if the player carries the banner, other lords and kings will recognize him as such, and other people are willing to follow him. This banner grants him the power (better: the authority) to rule a kingdom But if he only wants to join an existing faction, he doesn't need to do this. Just let him ascend in the ranks of that faction the usual way.

Finally, having the clan rebuild, having an army of good hardened soldiers under your banner, having a fief of your own and meeting all requirements for it, your family joins you. Your brother will become the first real clan member and will stay at your side until the very end. He should fall under the same principles as any companion you find in a tavern - he can be on your side as a companion, take on a role in your party, or he can become gouvernor of your fief, or he could lead a party of his own. While your siblings fall under the rules of children in your clan, just like they were your own children.

Back
Top Bottom