SP - Quests Main Story Line needs Antagonist/Protagonist and reason(s) to choose a Kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm really having a tough choice as far as choosing which Kingdom to support and which Kingdom(s) to really hate because I haven't had anyone transgress against me or give me reason to seek revenge.

I've got to the point in the story line quest where I need to choose to be for or against the Empire but I have no reason to choose either way.

Concepts:

- A passing lord wrongs me in some way when we meet. Either via speaking or if we meet in battle versus bandits(or if i pass by and dont help them vs bandits). The NPC lord could be rude, accuse me of thievery, accuse me of cowardice

- A lord accuses me of cheating in a tournament.

- A new/different antagonist built into the story line for each new campaign. Similar to Viking Conquest main story arc a different antagonist(s) that's affiliated with a specific Kingdom for each new game.

- Get my reputation high enough a lord or ruler seeks me out via messenger. I go to their location and they try and recruit me as a mercenary.

- Get my rep up high enough, while I have NOT declared for any Kingdom, other lords become jealous and try to assassinate me or frame me for a crime.

- Antagonist that appear in story arc are generated from character creation choices

Basically I have no reason to just go out and join a Kingdom and I have no reason to hate or dislike a specific Kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

And on a side note there: Why not turn the bandit chief from the tutorial into your arch nemesis? Let's say he escapes afterwards and fights his way up in one of the factions, so your path crosses his at several occasions. He would be the perfect choice, because since he kidnapped your siblings it ismore personal a matter than with any other lord on the map.

+1

And on a side note there: Why not turn the bandit chief from the tutorial into your arch nemesis? Let's say he escapes afterwards and fights his way up in one of the factions, so your path crosses his at several occasions. He would be the perfect choice, because since he kidnapped your siblings it ismore personal a matter than with any other lord on the map.

Love it.

I've only played the Main Story Line up to the point I could create my own Kingdom. Patch 1.3 destroyed my saved games so on my next play through, that i'm still playing, I skipped the entire storyline via a Mod. So I'm wondering what happened to the main character's brother? Why not include him in the story line with multiple possible outcomes? Brother becomes a companion, brother becomes a nemesis, brother gets held hostage. Lots of potential.

Well, the family rescue questline still needs to be finished, so maybe we get something out of that. Maybe we rescue the family member of another clan, or find out the slave operation they were sold to is backed by another clan.

+1 Yea I really dont see a reason to join a faction. Which is the underdog? What politics/ideals do they support? Why should they rule the land?

Back
Top Bottom