Main questline restricts gameplay and is plain boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dhargo

Recruit
The introduction to the game is really cool, losing your parents and having to free your siblings - thats very well done and I enjoyed it.
But everything after your brother splits from your group to track down your siblings, is just really poorly written.

1. Why do you have to talk to 10 different Nobles about that battle? Its incredibly boring to track them all down on the big map.
Example: You are told "Melidir" knows something about the whole affair. Then you have to track him down and the game just tells you "Last seen near Andurn today", so you go there. By the time you are there, he is not anymore. However, the status is now "Last seen at Andurn 2 days ago" and you have NO clue where he can be. When it eventually updates to "Last seen at Veron Castle", the cat-and-mouse chase begins. Its an absolute pain in the ass and after hunting down two lords I eventually just AFK-ed around some of their Towns to wait until they come around. This was very boring and slowed down the game, which was not necessary - the 3 sentences you get from each Lord are interesting and explain why the factions are so full of hate, but that could have just as well been planned better. For example by tracking down a historian that worked on this for years and collected those stories you heard by the Lords. But guess what, that Historian is dead and you have to track down the bandits that stole his books - when you did, you learn everything those 10 Lords told you in one go. Would take 2-3 days instead of 30+.

2. Why are you forced to betray either Azargos or Istiana in regards to how you will use the Banner? Why do you have to promise them both to stand by their cause? You promise Istiana to use the Banner to save the Empire, while promising Azargos you will use it to destroy the Empire. Not cool that the "guidance" provided by the Campaign-Style single player forces you to such a decision. I would much rather just find out where that banner is by maybe breaking into a Lord's home and finding some documents about the matter in their library for example.
Also, why does a group of 8 weak bandits,100 metres away from a Town, have a piece of the legendary Banner that has the power to help someone destroy or save the Empire? Does not make sense.

The best thing tho: why is it day 105 and I still have not heard of my brother about our plan to rescue our siblings? Why would you create such a lengthy set of quests when the most urgent matter should be to rescue your damn siblings?

Lets be honest, you don't really like your two younger siblings and they wouldn't have amounted to much anyways. This whole banner nonsense was the perfect excuse to tell your brother you couldn't look for them. "Sorry bro, I can't look for the kids; gotta track down these lords back and forth across the world for a conversation about some flag holder." "Yeah yeah, all about uniting/destroying the Empire, extremely important stuff, yeah, more important than whatever those brats names are." *You close your flip phone {I think they had those in the 1000's) and trek along to the next fight of all female warlords.

Lets be honest, you don't really like your two younger siblings and they wouldn't have amounted to much anyways. This whole banner nonsense was the perfect excuse to tell your brother you couldn't look for them. "Sorry bro, I can't look for the kids; gotta track down these lords back and forth across the world for a conversation about some flag holder." "Yeah yeah, all about uniting/destroying the Empire, extremely important stuff, yeah, more important than whatever those brats names are." *You close your flip phone {I think they had those in the 1000's) and trek along to the next fight of all female warlords.

???
But for real though I want to get them back.

It's like they wanted to create a grand main story line like Skyrim. while keeping the open world, make a name for yourself sandbox like in Warband. But somehow ended up doing both badly because as you said. The main quest line is lame, and there's almost no random jobs or quests around to do.

They were very clear that some aspects of the story line are not yet in the game. I imagine the reason you haven't heard from your brother yet is because that extension of the storyline is not in game yet I think

They were very clear that some aspects of the story line are not yet in the game. I imagine the reason you haven't heard from your brother yet is because that extension of the storyline is not in game yet I think
I feared that was the case. Though I must admit I am surprised that the story has only been developed this far. I expected it to continue at least until we got our siblings back and had them as companions. Oh well, we are in EA so no point thinking much about it. They have definitely got their noses down right now, so many things need fixing.

I feared that was the case. Though I must admit I am surprised that the story has only been developed this far. I expected it to continue at least until we got our siblings back and had them as companions. Oh well, we are in EA so no point thinking much about it. They have definitely got their noses down right now, so many things need fixing.
I agree I wish they had fleshed it out a bit more, but at least it gives us another thing to look forward to! I'm interested to see how the more personal aspects of the "main quest" develop

What disliked the fact that the players are forced to do the main quest. For u guys who don't know, u have to complete the main quest to create ur own kingdom. However the main quest is extremely tedious and it greatly restricts the freedom the players.

Completely disagree
Its good for new players or people who want structure
I did it to form my kingdom after not doing it for a while and it took less than an hour to do then stopped once my kingdom was formed

It is not a difficult quest, but it is horribly boring and tedious. And it can cause issues if many of the lords you have to talk to are imprisoned, leaving you unable to complete the quest for the time being.
I don't think it should be removed, but just changed. A lot.

The main quest doesn't add any value to the game. The part about saving your siblings isn't in the game at all. The other part just makes you run around the map looking for lords to talk to (without any way to ask where they can be found like in Warband) and then tells you to join/create a faction and conquer the world. Not to mention the bugs that make it impossible to complete. Its just way too unfinished even for early access.

U have a point but I bet the new players would be bored to death playing the main quest. Maybe shorten it or make it less tedious
Completely disagree
Its good for new players or people who want structure
I did it to form my kingdom after not doing it for a while and it took less than an hour to do then stopped once my kingdom was formed

It is not a difficult quest, but it is horribly boring and tedious. And it can cause issues if many of the lords you have to talk to are imprisoned, leaving you unable to complete the quest for the time being.
I don't think it should be removed, but just changed. A lot.
Changing the quest would do too

Something I don't understand is why they chose campaign instead of sandbox.

It definitely needs a skip option in its current state. New players have the tutorial course, they don't need a convoluted reason to talk to every major faction in the game

I did not know this was the case, this is even worse than I thought. This needs to be immediately fixed, completely unacceptable for a sandbox game It shouldn't be harder than to give us a tick box option while creating a new game whether we want to play With or Without the Main Quest, just as there is in Viking Conquest.

Back
Top Bottom