Main questline restricts gameplay and is plain boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mid/Late game needs to introduce a "Nemesis" mechanic -like your evil Son who hates you and does everything to undermine your kingdom finally raising an army against you - like a Morgoth
Nemesis mechanism definatley sounds really nice. But game lacks a lot more than that.

Each kingdom should have slightly different motivations and quest lines. At least one unique quest line per kingdom or per king. Asking unique quest lines for each major clan would be maybe too much already, but still is doable.

Ciao a tutti, da me la missione principale (non so come) è fallita cioè non mi da piu nessuna missione
come faccio a creare un regno ora ?
grazie

They should remove the whole quest imo, or rather do like Viking conquest free sandbox or the "storymode".
The version we are in now, would be the "storymode".
Just let us have a sandbox where we decide it all.
You can do that first part with the brother and rest of family, to have heirs for down the line(reserve/backup)
But the quest part to get the banner is just blah.

There will be a sandbox mode, eventually. I do agree that they should've led the EA with sandbox mode and worked on story mode to release it later though. As it stands we have an unfinished and pretty tedious main quest. That being said I suppose it's probably more efficient to test and tweak the questline while the game is still in EA, so I can understand why they did what they did.

I left the game few months and i come back to test the 1.5.3. Just to say it's a good surprise to see the two brothers and the sister working. They still only have basic functions, but when we'll can combine them, it will be very interesting for game play. Because I believe that the marriage of siblings is not yet possible, is it?

For my part, I have no problem with the quest. It does not restrict anything, it gives meaning to everything. We must wait until it is finished. I understand it as a mega-tutorial, whatever you choose in this main quest, it allows you to start the game by joining an existing kingdom or by creating your own kingdom. It's just a classic campaign mode. I imagine that the "sandbox" mode will arrive later, the campaign mode being much more complicated to adjust.

I would have liked to have clarified on the indebtedness in the game. When we make peace, it seems to me that we pay a daily price, right? But I have the impression that we are paying this tribute infinitely, and therefore if we have made peace several times under the pressure of the adversary, we are always more indebted ... Is this the main source of debt or is there another one that I haven't seen? And how to stop this debt which increases indefinitely to the point that I had to stop my game ... I considered that I had lost, did I have a solution? I find it strange that peace costs more than war ...

I give some details on this system of "peace / tribute payment": to survive I decided to keep a single stronghold, to regroup all my troops in this stronghold and all my companions (except the caravans). I put all the troops in garrison, keeping only the companions in my group to save food. I stocked up on food. With the debt I am at 0 dinar (debt = approximately 2,100,000 and it was still increasing). I earn some money regularly by raiding aggressors (I am at war against Battannia, Sturgian, and Southern Empire ...). Debt is inexorably increasing. I let the game go by. None took one of my strongholds, strangely ... Normally I should have been attacked quite quickly, lose my strongholds and "game over" or else I continued to play for fun as mercenaries or to join a kingdom. .. This debt system seems flawed to me. We should set a time limit and perhaps lower the daily amount. I do not know. Still, I quit because it wasn't fun at all. We do not see any possible outcome ... I would have preferred to be able to give my fiefdoms to pay my debt and continue to play normally, but it is impossible. Wouldn't that be the only solution? On the other hand, we cannot visualize to whom this tribute is due. It is not detailed. It would be nice to have the details of the tribute

What is unfortunate with this kind of game is that you never really know when you have lost or won ... But this debt system really puts us in a "game over" situation. There I did not lose because I was under pressure, but by ignorance, I did not know this system of debts. I don't really know what to think of it except that arriving at a certain point, we can't do anything, so we stop.

Back
Top Bottom