Main quest stuck at Odins cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

tansvanio

Sergeant Knight at Arms
When you are given the mission to retrive the letter and you enter the cave, after you kill all hostile troops, Bodo will follow you but not talk to you, your only option is to leave the scene and after that you dont have any option to come back and the quest remains uncompleted. This buggie event corrupts the main quest chain making it impossible to progress.

Please fix ASAP.

Well, Bodo talked to me, but unfortunately he's stuck in dialogue. It says press left mouse to continue, but nothing happens. Can't really exit out of it either. This has happened twice, too. Quest can't be completed due to it.

It would be nice if we could get commands to advance quest stage or something. I dont know if it is possible, but it would sure be useful for bugged out quests.

Lakevren said:
Well, Bodo talked to me, but unfortunately he's stuck in dialogue. It says press left mouse to continue, but nothing happens. Can't really exit out of it either. This has happened twice, too. Quest can't be completed due to it.

Same problem here, I've tried shutting down the game and talking to  Bodo  again at least 5-6 times, bug every time.

copypasted from other thread: If Bodo is standing still after you have cleared the area chances are that means he got "knocked out" during the fighting. So what I did was open my inventory ("I" default) and then returned to game and that seemingly "reset" his script (aka he finally talked to me). Or re-clear the entire area with Bodo on "Hold Position" back at spawn so he doesn't get KO'ed.

No idea about the stuck in dialogue bug, fortunately I got past this with my above solution.

Hm, safe to say your save is in a fail-state unfortunately. Need to reload to an earlier save (which I'm assuming you don't).

Another thing, the Bodo speech loop, what part of the conversation is the loop taking place? Because I just realized I made my character learn to read and I could read the letter as my dialogue choice. Maybe it's just the non-reading dialogue option that's broken?

I get this too, every time.  I'm going to try the sandbox version simply to see if I can avoid these text loop/freeze/game over instances.  Love the story mode until it just, well, farks.

Asvaldir said:
Lakevren said:

Same problem here, I've tried shutting down the game and talking to  Bodo  again at least 5-6 times, bug every time.

Same problem here. And just when I had stopped experiencing constant crashes.

Lakevren said:
I have the same problem. You know what the developers should have done? Just play it ONE time before release. They should have played the storyline only a single time before they released it and everything would have been fine.

Same for me... Frozen on the dialog box which starts like this:

"--Bodo seems excited.--"

(I won't reveal anymore due to spoilers :razz: )

It's annoying knowing that I cannot get any further due to this bug.. When I killed someone a black box popped up for 0.5 - 1 second and said in the bottom left:

"Received Axe" or something like that and another Item in green text.

Pretty annoyed that the DLC has these bugs :sad: But hey ho! one can only wait!!

Turin Turambar said:
Lakevren said:
I have the same problem. You know what the developers should have done? Just play it ONE time before release. They should have played the storyline only a single time before they released it and everything would have been fine.

In the Devs defense, not everyone has had this problem, I have a friend who's got past the cave, the devs playing it through once is no guarantee that they will catch everything.

However really hope they fix this problem soon, completely stuck until it is fixed.

Trying this method, I'll let you know how it goes!

Method: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320050.0.html

EDIT: Still doesn't work, stopped at the same line as before...

I got stuck in a point later on in the questline in my first game. So I restarted and started taking choices I hadn't taken earlier. I got stuck at Odin's cave.
The first time, I didn't give up Bodo, got past the cave. The second time I gave Bodo to Sigurdr, got stuck in the cave at the second dialog window with Bodo. Third time, again didn't give up Bodo and got past with no difficulties. Still got stuck at the Assembly however.

IVE BEEN WAITING ABOUT A YEAR (IN GAME) TO COMPLETE ODINS CAVE AFTER I DID THE FIRST TIME I LEFT AND IT WOULNT LET ME BACK IN ANYMORE JUST NEED MORE TROOPS OR LEAVE. I GET NO DIALOGUE FROM BODO OR ANYTHING PLEEEEAAAAASE PATCH THIS AND DONT TELL ME I HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN TO DO SO. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Da Soviet Union said:
IVE BEEN WAITING ABOUT A YEAR (IN GAME) TO COMPLETE ODINS CAVE AFTER I DID THE FIRST TIME I LEFT AND IT WOULNT LET ME BACK IN ANYMORE JUST NEED MORE TROOPS OR LEAVE. I GET NO DIALOGUE FROM BODO OR ANYTHING PLEEEEAAAAASE PATCH THIS AND DONT TELL ME I HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN TO DO SO. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

When they patch it, it will be save-game compatible which means no starting over :smile:

Back
Top Bottom