Resolved Main quest blocking: Can't create Kingdom, saying I'm not independent [e1.1.0beta]

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: Main quest blocking: Can't create Kingdom, saying I'm not independent
How to Reproduce: Fullfil all requirements and see that quest consider you're not independent
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Manurath (?)
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.1.0beta
Computer Specs
:
GPU: GTX 1650 SUPER
CPU: i5 3450
RAM: 12GB DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte H77
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
Are you independent tho?
Yes of course :smile: That's what I meant in "Fullfil all requirements"
I've read about joining a Kingdom then leave it to gain this "independent" status again. But since I didnt wanted to loose relation, I created my kingdom through dev-console, then left it, then I was able to complete the quest BUT... I've revealed another bug :

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.

Great ! Thanks !

Last edited:
I am really hoping this gets fixed soon. I was so proud of myself for completing this properly, only to have no way to make the banner and the timer apparently ticking for the main mission.

Ditto. I already have the settlement. If I want to do the workaround I have to give it up and then try to retake it on top of losing major faction to whoever I join and leave to fix the bug.

Just came to report this one too.

EDIT: I just spent 30 minutes hunting down a faction leader to join them as a mercenary and then leave again and I'm still not listed as independent.

@MArdA TaleWorlds One thing that might help QA is that in my case I was not independent when I found all 3 banner pieces and talked to the guy in Battanian territory. I didn't go independent until after the quest stage had started. I've done it earlier where I found the other 2 pieces of the banner while independent from the outset and it did register me being independent.

Last edited:
Have you experienced this issue again on the latest version of the game?
Not sure about the OP, but I have. Slightly different version of it anyway.

Wanted to go along with the main quest and 'create an imperial faction'. Got the banner, conquered Epicrotea, fulfilled the requirements, and in the quest it even says "You have fulfilled all requirements to create your kingdom. Tell Istiana that you will support your own kingdom once you have created one."

The only thing I can tell Istiana now is "I'm still working on it". Creating a kingdom through the clan menu doesn't advance the quest, because as soon as I do it, my 'independence' gets unticked.
So I can't talk to Istiana to create a kingdom, and if I create it myself I can't advance the quest.

I get the same behaviour on 1.4.1.229570.

In reading up on forums, people are saying that if you were a mercenary before, left service, and then conquered a location, you get in a bugged situation. I was doing exactly that, unfortunately. The workaround people suggested was that I become a vassal to another kingdom, and then leave, in order to get unmarked, but I actually can't do that - I don't have the option to, for some reason, at least with any of the empire factions.

Also odd is if I disband my kingdom, and take everything with it, it remains active and puts me at war with the faction I initially took the castle from, _and_ the faction I had created (that has no holdings or people tied to it). Seems the whole creation/destruction of kingdoms mechanic has a few escapes.

For anyone interested in a workaround (at least on the 1.4.1.229570 Beta), you can create a kingdom through the clan menu and use the dialog option to support an existing kingdom to apply the dragon banner to your new kingdom. I reported a similar issue, but I wasn't aware it occurred with entering mercenary service as well.

Make sure you STILL fulfill the requirements. First time I did this I fulfilled all the requirements and it didn't work. Couldn't figure it out for a while then eventually realized that when I took over the castle/town I had over 100 troops, but after donating some I had like 96 troops. After adding more troops it worked OK.

Have you experienced this issue again on the latest version of the game?

I've encountered this bug too. If you guys still haven't figured it out, I think it can be recreated like this:

1) Become a mercenary for any kingdom.
2) Gather all the banner pieces by completing the hideout quests.
3) Talk to Azragos and start the quest for creating your own kingdom.
4) Leave the kingdom you were a mercenary for.
5) Quest log doesn't update the independence checkbox.

It seems the game checks whether you're independent when you report back to Azragos after gathering all the banner pieces and doesn't recheck when you stop being a mercenary for a kingdom.

Not sure about the OP, but I have. Slightly different version of it anyway.

Wanted to go along with the main quest and 'create an imperial faction'. Got the banner, conquered Epicrotea, fulfilled the requirements, and in the quest it even says "You have fulfilled all requirements to create your kingdom. Tell Istiana that you will support your own kingdom once you have created one."

The only thing I can tell Istiana now is "I'm still working on it". Creating a kingdom through the clan menu doesn't advance the quest, because as soon as I do it, my 'independence' gets unticked.
So I can't talk to Istiana to create a kingdom, and if I create it myself I can't advance the quest.

Happens exactly the same to me. You don't have to be a mercenary beforehand. I never joined a faction, grabbed a castle from Northern Empire myself, fulfilled all requirements and when I go talk to Arzagos, I can only say "I'm working on it".
If I declare a Kingdom via Clan page, my independence condition will become 0/1 and will remain like that even if I leave my own Kingdom.
1.4.1 beta.

Happens exactly the same to me. You don't have to be a mercenary beforehand. I never joined a faction, grabbed a castle from Northern Empire myself, fulfilled all requirements and when I go talk to Arzagos, I can only say "I'm working on it".
If I declare a Kingdom via Clan page, my independence condition will become 0/1 and will remain like that even if I leave my own Kingdom.
1.4.1 beta.
I am on 1.4.1 as well and have this same issue. Once I deliver the two banner pieces to Arzagos he will ask me to create a kingdom before I do anything else and the quest menu also tells me to create a kingdom. But once I have created a kingdom I lose my status as an independent clan which I had a moment earlier before I created the kingdom. So it is impossible to progress on the main quest at all and it can't be fixed by joining a kingdom and leaving it since you will lose your independent status whenever you create a kingdom which you have to do in order to progress the quest line!!! This is completely unplayble.

Back
Top Bottom