Main Gate Siege Bug 1.5.9. beta

Users who are viewing this thread

LyonExodus

Veteran
The 1.5.9. beta is a stable one for sure but some problems are still present as expected in a beta. Many of those problems were encountered during Sieges. not only related to AI.
We all know sieges are far from perfect but it's worrying when things, for some reason, get worse ending up in breaking, at times, the balance of the game.

In this case after the Main Gate 1st door has been taken down by the Ram Infantry just stops there. only 2 Dudes are destroying the door (not in 1.5.8.) impeding another way into the Castle\Town to be created thus ending in more casualties.

Link : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/968741925?filter=highlights&sort=time

This is not an uncommon scene to see in 1.5.9. beta and this is not even the worse one. I have fought sieges were the Main Gate wasn't even touched by my Infantry. instead they were waiting for it to be open from inside. My experience wasn't the same in 1.5.8. beta

yep its a pain all right. i hit the second door myself once its down your troops will charge in and they will charge out but over all the sieges are alot better now than they was before 1.5.8...they are getting there

yep its a pain all right. i hit the second door myself once its down your troops will charge in and they will charge out but over all the sieges are alot better now than they was before 1.5.8...they are getting there
Don't get my Post wrong. the Sieges got much better for sure but i have to specify that they are worse than 1.5.8. and they are both facts. love the game, or i wouldn't have played 1200H of it over the last 3 months.

Just pointing out the few very big problems i have encountered in my Ironman Run to help the Devs Fix them. There were times were the AI completely broke down and i had to retreat and auto resolve to win.

I just feel the need of letting this things known so they can work on finding a fix. no hating on the Dev team, quite the opposite.

Don't get my Post wrong. the Sieges got much better for sure but i have to specify that they are worse than 1.5.8. and they are both facts. love the game, or i wouldn't have played 1200H of it over the last 3 months.

Just pointing out the few very big problems i have encountered in my Ironman Run to help the Devs Fix them. There were times were the AI completely broke down and i had to retreat and auto resolve to win.

I just feel the need of letting this things known so they can work on finding a fix. no hating on the Dev team, quite the opposite.
+1

Why don't you just select your infantry groups, and manually command them to smash the second gate? When you select them, aim at the gate, you will see a little grey cog, click and voila, your troops will attack the gate. After they gate is down they default back to charge and engage enemy units.

Why don't you just select your infantry groups, and manually command them to smash the second gate? When you select them, aim at the gate, you will see a little grey cog, click and voila, your troops will attack the gate. After they gate is down they default back to charge and engage enemy units.
sometimes it doesn't work and then again it was not happening in 1.5.8. beta (not as often at least)

Fixed :grin:
But seriously its some sort of 1.5.9 pathfinding problem, the 8 guys that are supposed to cut the inner gate to pieces are going by ladders instead of direct route, however if you would delegate entire formation to this duty someone would actually do it (thats ho we fixed it).

Back
Top Bottom