Resolved main brother permanently lost after being captured?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

RodLimitless

Recruit
main hero party was defeated in combat, brother (who was in party) and all companions were taken.

shortly after, another ally party came and beat the party of which main hero was prisoner of, and main hero was released.

i searched for brother and companions, i was able to get all companions back in party, however, the oldest brother from main quest is gone.

game says he's at "X" city, and keep re-entering the city, and he's nowhere to be found. not in tavern nor keep.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I had an issue like that last patch, I went to the castle he was at, but he wasn't actually there. I was able to have him create a party and then I was able to get him.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

When I wasn't able to solve that issue, i reloaded the previous saved one and deleted the one with that issue I'm sorry ?

I had an issue like that last patch, I went to the castle he was at, but he wasn't actually there. I was able to have him create a party and then I was able to get him.
dude, good idea why didnt i think of that

So there is not any issue you are experiencing at the moment?

I think there is still an issue if he gets captured again. I reloaded a game where he hadnt gotten captured and so far i just make sure i dont lose the fights i get into LOL at least until i can put him as a governor somewhere safely.

i tried like finding him all over the place and reloaded the game, lost the fight again, and got him captured again, and over i still could NOT find him. i'd go to the town where he was supposedly but no luck, like he just wouldn't show

I'm having this same issue (v 1.6.1. main branch). In my case the brother was leading his own party and was captured. shortly after, another ally party came and beat the party of which main hero was prisoner of. Now my brother is part of the other party. I can't have him form a new party because he's already in one. I've tried waiting a few days to see if he would come back to me and he hasn't. Which also means I'm far enough along since it happened that I don't want to revert to a previous save (Even if I can find one). I recently tried declaring war on my ally and defeating the party my brother was part of. At the end of the battle I capture my brother and can release him (which seems to make him just disappear, not come back to me) or capture him (in which case he's treated like any other hero unit - and you can't recruit him from there).
I haven't used any mods, but I recently enabled cheats so I could quickly see if defeating my ally would get my brother back (which it didn't).

I'm having this same issue (v 1.6.1. main branch). In my case the brother was leading his own party and was captured. shortly after, another ally party came and beat the party of which main hero was prisoner of. Now my brother is part of the other party. I can't have him form a new party because he's already in one. I've tried waiting a few days to see if he would come back to me and he hasn't. Which also means I'm far enough along since it happened that I don't want to revert to a previous save (Even if I can find one). I recently tried declaring war on my ally and defeating the party my brother was part of. At the end of the battle I capture my brother and can release him (which seems to make him just disappear, not come back to me) or capture him (in which case he's treated like any other hero unit - and you can't recruit him from there).
I haven't used any mods, but I recently enabled cheats so I could quickly see if defeating my ally would get my brother back (which it didn't).

Did you wait the typical 3 days after defeating your ally?

Could take that long time, if he is still in your clan until he is "ready" it will say "holding" and then typically after 3 days it will state a city name where he is waiting.

I suffer from this issue though, even though I've never use mods or cheat.
Really annoying, as it kind of messes with faction balance if it happends to many lords.

Thanks! I only waited a day, but it was already saying where he was so I went there (it's a city I own). After waiting 3 days I had to leave the city and come back (I guess to force it to refresh) and then he was there. It's a pain that I can't get him back until I am ready to leave my current kingdom, but that was going to happen eventually anyway.

Hello, i have the same issue (e1.7.0 beta branch). My older brother is in "holding" state since my party was defeat (maybe 2 year in game, i don't remember). Game says he's at "Marunath" city but i have looking for him in the keep or tavern without find him. Do you have any clue?

PS : sorry for my english

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom