Resolved [Main 1.5.7] Huge lag in both just main menu clicks (Options), or in-game menu clicks (Inventory). (The game lags too) (Recorded and uploaded)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Dreed89

Squire
It was not this bad a few patches ago. Now, it is unplayable for me.

The game lags a lot in:
  • Clicking on any main menu items. Take "Options" main menu item for example. I uploaded a record for this. (The campaign is not started. Just browsing through the game main menu items.)
  • Clicking on any menu in-game, for example, "Inventory" menu. It lags a lot both when opening and closing it. I uploaded a record for this.
  • The gameplay in general is very laggy as well. Might be easier for developers to identify it on the first two points provided above as I tried to isolate the issue.

@MArdA TaleWorlds
Using the performance branch, I uploaded 2 separate files to upload.taleworlds.com with description, my user name, and also a link to this thread.

Related thread on General Forums:

GPU: GeForce GTX1070
CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16GB
Game installed on: HDD

Last edited:
Got the file. Forwarded to Devs. Thanks!
It was not this bad a few patches ago. Now, it is unplayable for me.

The game lags a lot in:
  • Clicking on any main menu items. Take "Options" main menu item for example. I uploaded a record for this. (The campaign is not started. Just browsing through the game main menu items.)
  • Clicking on any menu in-game, for example, "Inventory" menu. It lags a lot both when opening and closing it. I uploaded a record for this.
  • The gameplay in general is very laggy as well. Might be easier for developers to identify it on the first two points provided above as I tried to isolate the issue.

@MArdA TaleWorlds
Using the performance branch, I uploaded 2 separate files to upload.taleworlds.com with description, my user name, and also a link to this thread.

Related thread on General Forums:

GPU: GeForce GTX1070
CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16GB
Game installed on: HDD
Been a couple of months since I last played but started a new campaign two weeks ago and interacting with the SAVE/LOAD menu takes forever. Just clicking on it takes a while. This is new since December, maybe January. There is a significant delay 10-15 seconds when you simply hit LOAD or SAVE AS. A simple SAVE doesn't take long. Loading itself takes longer too.

Win 10 64
i7-10700
16GB RAM
RTX2060
Game on SSD

I have the same issue, emailed the devs and never even got a response. Good luck. Loved this game before 1.57. Now it stutters and freezes all the time. Doesnt in combat tho, which is weird cuz thats more intensive than the world map..

Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the game? If so, can you send us another telemetry file on the new version as well?

Yes. I experience it again for 1.5.9 (Main) perf_test branch but having problems uploading the recording. The site gives error. If it will be of help, I uploaded the telemetry file to wetransfer:

In the uploaded recording, I am opening and closing the in-game inventory twice, and the screen transitions are really laggy. The UI elements overlap with each other while transitioning. Additionally, no matter how many times I open the inventory, the lag in asset rendering is always noticeable. (For example first the UI buttons appear, then the character's head appears, then equipped items appear, etc.)

The similar lag happens in pretty much every place. For example, when starting a "Talk" dialogue with an NPC in a village, this is what happens during screen transition: (notice the dialogue box and "click to continue" text appearing)

Aside, the game itself in general is naturally very laggy as well. The above are just some isolated examples to narrow down the problem.

My PC should be strong enough to play the game (information provided at the OP), and several months ago, it was not this bad.

What is the HDD's RPM?

@Dreed89 I looked at the capture you sent. It's 23 seconds long. Starts at the Map Screen and around 20 seconds it goes back to the main menu. I couldn't see any inventory screen openings.

Last edited:
What is the HDD's RPM?

@Dreed89 I looked at the capture you sent. It's 23 seconds long. Starts at the Map Screen and around 20 seconds it goes back to the main menu. I couldn't see any inventory screen openings.

Thanks for checking out @emrozdemir,

It is 7200RPM.

I might have uploaded the wrong file. (Had been trying several ones on the uploader, the files should have been mixed up, sorry.)

I recorded a brand new one. It should be shorter. It just contains inventory open, close, open, close actions.

Please tell if I can be of help in any other way.

It looks like in the second recording you sent to us you might be forgotten to start the record at the right time. We can say this because the recording ends when the game turns off.
We do need to see this telemetry file to fix the issues you are putting forward. For this please lets try recording again.
  1. When you are on the campaign map, while not moving on the campaign map, press "Right Shift + T" to start recording.
  2. Click on the inventory icon on the bottom left panel.
  3. Wait for 2-3 seconds.
  4. Exit from the inventory screen and return to the campaign map.
  5. Open the inventory screen again.
  6. Wait 2-3 seconds.
  7. Exit from the inventory screen and return to the campaign map.
  8. Press "Right Shift + T" to stop recording.
  9. BUT You should check if the recorded file is created on here "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client". Please do so without closing the game.

Hey @MArdA TaleWorlds @emrozdemir , did it again with the steps you listed. Even verified that the file was created before exiting the game.

Here it is, I hope it works:

Not sure what the problem was with the previous one, I am sure I had finished the recording before exiting the game. Anyway, this time paid extra attention to the last step.

Back
Top Bottom