Magnet Shields

Users who are viewing this thread

What really annoys me though is how this applies to melee. The video below shows just how much the shield hitbox actually extends beyond its physical limits and this makes it really hard to take on shielded foes in close combat without everything feeling really stodgy and stilted. I really like that they added directional shield use in the game and it feels like a cool step up from warband, but with things as they are it seems almost pointless. I certainly didn't know it was this extreme.

I mean if we didn't have it cover you'd be more ****ed than you currently are when you're outnumbered. Overheads can easily sneak past shields a lot better than in Warband.

I mean if we didn't have it cover you'd be more ****ed than you currently are when you're outnumbered. Overheads can easily sneak past shields a lot better than in Warband.

You should be screwed when outnumbered, though. I'd much rather have a shield cover to a fairly realistic degree with a little leeway than have it safeguard something like 170 degrees in front as it just feels cheap, particularly for a game the main focus of which is melee combat.

Back
Top Bottom