Magnet Shields

Users who are viewing this thread

truthfulworlds

We dont wanna see magnet shields that pulls arrows anymore. appearing body parts must always be open target for archers.

There was a time during the beta when force fields were practically non-existent and shields could be bypassed so easily there wasn't much point in even having one. Later, force fields were increased and the situation improved, but they're still totally unreliable with some shields, and generally lack any side protection.

Unless you can come up with an alternative idea to give infantry reliable protection in a game where ranged can shoot with close to pinpoint accuracy (and possibly not idiotic suggestions like nerfing damage, accuracy, etc. which would create more issues than they solve), """we""" do want to see magnetic shields.

What really annoys me though is how this applies to melee. The video below shows just how much the shield hitbox actually extends beyond its physical limits and this makes it really hard to take on shielded foes in close combat without everything feeling really stodgy and stilted. I really like that they added directional shield use in the game and it feels like a cool step up from warband, but with things as they are it seems almost pointless. I certainly didn't know it was this extreme.

Back
Top Bottom