Magnet Shields

truthfulworlds

Veteran
Best answers
We dont wanna see magnet shields that pulls arrows anymore. appearing body parts must always be open target for archers.

Gab

Marquis
Best answers
There was a time during the beta when force fields were practically non-existent and shields could be bypassed so easily there wasn't much point in even having one. Later, force fields were increased and the situation improved, but they're still totally unreliable with some shields, and generally lack any side protection.

Unless you can come up with an alternative idea to give infantry reliable protection in a game where ranged can shoot with close to pinpoint accuracy (and possibly not idiotic suggestions like nerfing damage, accuracy, etc. which would create more issues than they solve), """we""" do want to see magnetic shields.

Mabons

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
We dont wanna see magnet shields that pulls arrows anymore. appearing body parts must always be open target for archers.
Sure, no problem. Now instead of firing straight, your arrows fly anywhere BUT where you aim. Otherwise we might as well be playing counterstrike if this was implemented.

Mabons

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Would rather they just give units bigger shields than have janky hitboxes personally
If everyone had square or pavise shields like the spear inf/sharpshooter then yeah we probably wouldn't need such hitboxes but that's not really gonna work aesthetically.

pygc1

Sergeant
Best answers
mordhau archery mechanics seems good, the crosshair moves so its hard to shoot

Best answers
On the subject of shields, anyone know if the shields on back have an effect or test that out? I've heard it both ways, having an effect / not having an effect.

h1zchan

Veteran
Best answers
On the subject of shields, anyone know if the shields on back have an effect or test that out? I've heard it both ways, having an effect / not having an effect.
Seems to mitigate both melee and ranged damage but not reducing damage to zero so you still get hurt unlike in warband

Forlorn Hope

Recruit
Best answers
What really annoys me though is how this applies to melee. The video below shows just how much the shield hitbox actually extends beyond its physical limits and this makes it really hard to take on shielded foes in close combat without everything feeling really stodgy and stilted. I really like that they added directional shield use in the game and it feels like a cool step up from warband, but with things as they are it seems almost pointless. I certainly didn't know it was this extreme.

Younes123

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
The problem is we dealing with a two edged sword.

Either archers destroy infantry with shields, or infantry shields become useless