Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire. Help me get it released! See first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
Major problem, click here to help me fix it!

In the mean time, this should work.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30512.msg1051158.html#msg1051158

I've been working on this in secret for a while now, and did not originally plan on releasing it, but it's turned out to be quite fun, and I thought Y'all might enjoy it.

Magic in this mod will be based purely off of items. If you can afford a magically endowed weapon, you will be able to perform the magic. The ai will also be able to use any magic which you can use. You will encounter wandering bands of dark wizards in your travels, and ai hero parties will likewise keep a few wizards in tow.

Here is the mod:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=615

Here is the source: (do not use unless you are a modder)
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=616

Without further ado, here is the magic:

Fire Staff. (done)
This is a powerful weapon, which shoots a lethal bolt of fire. If this fire bolt strikes the ground, it will explode with great force. Up to 50 uses.

Curtain of Fire. (done)
This weapon spawns a massive sheet of fire directly in front of the user. The curtain of fire kills horses and teleports all men 50 meters backwards. Unlimited uses.

Water Staff. (done)
This weapon launches a powerful wave of water, which presses forward over the ground, killing all in its path, until the wizard casts the spell again. Up to 50 uses.

Magic Stone. (done)
This teleports its user 50 yards forward in whatever direction that user is looking. The stone itself is also quite destructive. One use only.

Wounding Curse. (done)
The name says it all. This curse can be fired at a long range and does moderate damage. Up to fifty uses.
Screenshots unnecessary.

Fruit of Death. (done)
The fruit of death kills whatever it touches, besides its owner. When thrown, twenty Hell Knights spawn from the place it was thrown from to support the thrower. Up to five uses.

Daemonic Summons. (done)
The daemonic summons is a fruit which also kills all but its owner. When thrown, a powerful daemon spawns to support the thrower.

Shockwave. (done)
The shockwave spell, as its name suggests, releases a shockwave in the direction the user is looking. This shockwave flings all in its path aside, but does negligible damage. Unlimited uses.

Book of Conversion. (done)
The book of conversion converts all summoned troops on the battlefield to the user's side. Two uses only.

Horse Conjuring charm. (done)
Conjures a courser at the place at which it is cast. Unlimited uses.
Screenshots unnecessary.

Ammunition Conjuring Charm. (done)
Conjures a quiver of arrows and a quiver of bolts where it is cast. Unlimited uses.

Levetation Charm. (done)
Lifts the caster, and possibly those nearby, several meters off of the ground. Unlimited uses.

Healing Charm. (done)
Heals the user when cast. One use only.
Screenshots unnecessary.

Defensive Blast. (done)
Knocks all nearby men besides the user to the ground with a powerful blast, but does no damage. Unlimited uses.

Banishing Sceptre. (done)
Teleports any nearby footmen 50 yards backward away from the user without damaging them. Up to three uses.

Shielding Charm. (done)
Conjures a temporary, stationary invisible shield around the player. Unlimted uses.

If y'all can think of any more cool spells, I'll seriously consider them.

need models? I think perhaps the fruit of death should actually be a heart. that'd be cool. I like what Im seeing so far.

any chance of a generic concussion spell? simply kills those it touches and makes their ragdolls fly in the opposite direction?

If you need help with the storyline I could help out a bit

Title ideas: Paranoia

Everlaster

The Artifact of my Mind

Landreich

I can pump out a few more

I got a spell idea: Apollyon
shoots out a somthing like the grim reaper on a horse, it goes in a straighter line. Mr. Apollyon will slash at everyone near him with a scythe and his horse should have massive speed and charge

Well, i'd go for a simple "Magic mod", but "Curse of Magic" sounds good too.

New spell:
[Can't figure a name]
Upon casting, the targeted horse disappears making the rider fall painfully.

Nethoras said:
need models? I think perhaps the fruit of death should actually be a heart. that'd be cool. I like what Im seeing so far.

any chance of a generic concussion spell? simply kills those it touches and makes their ragdolls fly in the opposite direction?
No new models so far. The fruit of death is an apple. The spell you described is basically what the fire staff does, but you did give me an idea for another one.

QuailLover said:
If you need help with the storyline I could help out a bit

I got a spell idea: Apollyon
shoots out a somthing like the grim reaper on a horse, it goes in a straighter line. Mr. Apollyon will slash at everyone near him with a scythe and his horse should have massive speed and charge
As for the storyline, start giving ideas. As for the spell you suggested, the fruit of death effectively does that times twenty. Maybe I should make a version of the spell which only conjures one hell knight. As for your titles, I'm afraid I just didn't get them.

Balduran said:
New spell:
[Can't figure a name]
Upon casting, the targeted horse disappears making the rider fall painfully.
Unfortunately that is not possible.

Some ideas for spells y'all have given me:
Defensive Blast.
Knocks all nearby men besides the user to the ground with a powerful blast, but does no damage. Unlimited uses.

Banishing Charm.
Teleports any nearby footmen 100 yards backward away from the user without damaging them. Up to three uses.

Shielding Charm.
Conjures a temporary, stationary invisible shield around the player. Up to twenty uses.

EDIT: I'm not sure I like the title "Curse of Magic." I'm being picky, in case you can't tell.

Any chance you can use whatever your using to tangle the ragdolls after death into horrible impossible contortions? Because that would be so cool.

Bloody excellent.

How about a presentation layer to implement a mana-based system instead of item-based? That would be awesome.

Nethoras said:
Any chance you can use whatever your using to tangle the ragdolls after death into horrible impossible contortions? Because that would be so cool.
I'm afraid not intentionally, although those that get blown up sometimes get horrifically tangled anyway.

kurjajuur said:
FerdiadITA said:
Well,this is simply the work of a genius(or a mad,not sure :lol:).
Great job Mirathei,amazing.
Aye, there is a thin line between madness and brilliance.  :grin:
Madness. I promise.  :twisted:

fisheye said:
Bloody excellent.

How about a presentation layer to implement a mana-based system instead of item-based? That would be awesome.
What do you mean by this?

How about a spell that 'paralyzes' an enemy, ie. stops their AI working temporarily, depending on your level in say, dexterity or even better add a new skill using one of the reserved slots for magic. Magic firearms would be cool too - like, really elaborate 'flaming' or 'icy' pistols or something. Any chance of implementing something along the lines of diablo, ie. randomly generated items with specific effects and boosts to skills? Or is that not really possible?

As for names, how about 'The Flame Falleth'?

Back
Top Bottom