magic and necromancy issue

Users who are viewing this thread

I started out as a necro and  side classed as a mage, but when i press b my spells dont come up ( i do have a spell, magic missile) and when i hit m to select it  necromancer and mage skills overlap eachother nad i can only select  necromancer.  Anyone know a fix ?

Have you done the little mage quest IIRC it's a series of questions about spell effects. 
Otherwise I don't think necromancers can cast spells, even with a spell book full of spells  :sad:

I started out as a necro and side classed as a mage, but when i press b my spells dont come up ( i do have a spell, magic missile) and when i hit m to select it necromancer and mage skills overlap eachother nad i can only select necromancer. Anyone know a fix ?
Not sure what version you are running; v150, v156, and v158 are completely different and not interchangeable code + data models.
I'll test v160 (really a tweaked v158 savegame model A but with important fixes). The major versions, odd numbers are test to see what works and what fails for major code changes; even versions are somewhat/sort-of "production" release, and the letter is savegame compatible through that letter regardless of the minor version (so savegame v158 A1 and A9 would stay the same, no variables added or removed, all the items in the same sequence, no new or removed items, etc), but v158 B1 could not salvage n A series save due to massive changes at the database layout. This is why I have a few thousand entry excel file tracking the exact layout included in this week's source, which you can peruse.

I HAVE a necro / mage test character in the current build, which shows mage spells exclusively. Necromancer functions are either automatic (lich aura, undead control) during battle or exist as menu additions at either camp: action or town recruiting (which is distinctly different than tavern recruiting, and requires actually HAVING your own town). There are no necro spells per se currently; it is automatic in battle exactly to prevent such a mage/necro collision.

(edit) this type of collision for necro added as a secondary or tertiary class is exactly how necromancer became primary class only.
I don't see a happy way to mix both design styles, but maybe you'll come up with one at your own desktop. After a few hours coming up to speed, doubtless. How few that is remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom