Mages of Caldaria (Mod Request/Idea)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I am interested in the concept of Mages/Magic entering the game system of Bannerlord. Unfortunately i am not a modder and am unable to do this myself.
I know that something like this may take a great deal of effort to create and balance.
Of course this would be a single player mod that mainly adds a bunch of new troops to the game (maybe a way to balance out the archers?).
My thought on adding it into the system is to the effect of adding a new branch to the unit rosters of each country after the base units.
Maybe an elemental affinity for each country, or themed mages based on the culture of the various groups in the game. For example the Battanians could have Druids that do some kind of plant magic or Earth Magic, or giving the Aserai some kind of summoners or Fire mages.
There could be a way of adding enchantments to your weapons and armor, or enhancing the defenses of a city.
I do understand that the nature of mount and blade makes adding magic seem a bit over the top, but i do think that it would be an interesting option to have available to add to the game.

If this idea or something like it have already been suggested please point me to the right thread and i will join that one.

With the new particle systems, and the modding system I bet a magic system could be very good. I know on Moddb someone is developing a wheel of time mod which would be heavily magic based.
I'm not aware of any native magic mods in development at the moment, but I know the modder for phantasy calradia is still active, I'd imagine he'd transfer over to Bannerlord like many of us are.

Back
Top Bottom